Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th October 2008, 15:38   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Beautiful pictures my friend

#1 and #6 are calendar worthy.

thank you buddy glad to know that you are from TVM too and a proud owner of the Civic beast. I'm soon geting my feet to the Honda section as we are taking the ANHC soon. Would like to know more about the Honda service here. If i talk more about it here, mods would kick me out
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 15:59   #737
BHPian

Mysticeyes, Superb pictures from gods own country, i am planning a drive down to Kerala from here sometime soon, hope to get some nice shots too.

About the thread, considering the many aspects of this thread, and fabia owners, who not only talk about their cars, but also what they do with them, what friends say, travel, etc. this thread has become something more than just an initial ownership of a car, it is more of a relationship thread, who's content surpasses even the long-term ownership-type qualities, IMO this thread deserves a special place somewhere, because no matter which Fabia it is, they're all on this thread.

A very special thanks to Netchef for starting it all.
naikpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 16:17   #738
BHPian

Thumbs up

well said Pranav.. you just spoke out the mind of the members and all should give 3 big cheers to netchef. Cheers should also be reserved for all the members active in this post for making this a true "all-rounder"

and in any case, if you decide to drive down to Kerala, please do keep in touch. Would be glad to show you aroud in this part if possible
Old 7th October 2008, 12:47   #739
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Drive to Lonavla and back and more in Just Rs.500

Awesome pics mysticeyes, really loved the way no.1 & 6 pic are taken. Truly beautiful, takes to tranquility. have acutally saved the pics to my e71 as wallpaper, just love it. What cam have used for those pic? Would love to lay my hands on it. kerala backwaters has been on mind since long but not getting a chance to visit it. How many kms drive will it be from bombay Pranav? Would love to experience that.

Well, have driven my fab to 11,500kms must say she is still going strong accept few rattles in dashboard. Got certain thing fixed during my last serive which i got it done 10000kms but looks like will have to make another visit to the workshop to fix my dash. last Sat went to lonavla with my fiance. my tank had come down to E. so filled it up with Rs.500 worth of diesel, just to check till where it takes me upto which was roughly about 12.75 L of diesel. Drove on the expressway at a speed of 100-120kms with few times bursting it upto 170-180kms must say the car really stable at these speeds. Din't realise I was doing 170-180 with led zepplin tantalising my ears until i saw the needle. As for the mileage while doing 100-120kms it showed the avg consumption of 3.2 to 3.5L/100kms. which am sure has come down after the service by evening I was back. And to my surprise my car had done 230kms by now in return and still had some fuel to go till it reached E again. Manage the other day with same amount of fuel where drove about 50-52kms with it finally coming to 280 in just 500Rs of fuel. Guess an avg of 20+ L. And all this after having the Remap done. Am sure in most cases fuel avg goes down but if driven sanely with it one might be surprised to see what kinda figures one can expect.
I still got to do change my air filter after which am sure figures would be way better by 10% or so.

Regarding the horn I think it does good job and dont see much difference in laura and this may be laura's horn would be 10-20% louder then this.

To be honest guys wasn't expecting this kinda returns, which has really surprised me. Felt like sharing with all you friends out there.

Just realised this post has done 50pages. Just hope it goes on till adding 00 more to those 50 for years to come. Truly making every owner feel as it goes to say and meant to be, Feel Special.

Enjoy your drive.

Cheers.

Last edited by Invinsible : 7th October 2008 at 13:01. Reason: corrections
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 13:44   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
First of all, congrats to amplyfryed on his new fabia. hope you are having a nice time with your car. please do keep posting in detail about the experiences.
Went for a houseboat trip through the backwaters over the weekend. Attaching somepics from the trip
Mysticeyes: MAN, those pics belong in the Louvre. I don't know what it is you do for a living, but you're in the wrong patois, wagon and genre.
Simply genius inside. Thanks for the inspiring pixels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Beautiful pictures my friend
ImmortalZ: Exactly my sentiments, Sir.

Quote:
thank you buddy glad to know that you are from TVM too and a proud owner of the Civic beast. I'm soon geting my feet to the Honda section as we are taking the ANHC soon. Would like to know more about the Honda service here. If i talk more about it here, mods would kick me out
Mysticeyes: Honda Civic or no, please don't stop posting and uploading your smashing pics here. It would leave us bereft if you did. As someone down the thread said, it's one of the aspects that makes our Fabia story such a rich one. Keep them coming, Sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
Mysticeyes, Superb pictures from gods own country, i am planning a drive down to Kerala from here sometime soon, hope to get some nice shots too.

About the thread, considering the many aspects of this thread, and fabia owners, who not only talk about their cars, but also what they do with them, what friends say, travel, etc. this thread has become something more than just an initial ownership of a car, it is more of a relationship thread, who's content surpasses even the long-term ownership-type qualities, IMO this thread deserves a special place somewhere, because no matter which Fabia it is, they're all on this thread.

A very special thanks to Netchef for starting it all.
naikpranav: Thank-you, Sir.

Quote:
well said Pranav.. you just spoke out the mind of the members and all should give 3 big cheers to netchef. Cheers should also be reserved for all the members active in this post for making this a true "all-rounder"

and in any case, if you decide to drive down to Kerala, please do keep in touch. Would be glad to show you aroud in this part if possible
Mysticeyes: Thank-you, Sir. I hope you'd invite me to Kerala as well (just teasing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Awesome pics mysticeyes, really loved the way no.1 & 6 pic are taken. Truly beautiful, takes to tranquility.
As for the mileage while doing 100-120kms it showed the avg consumption of 3.2 to 3.5L/100kms... Guess an avg of 20+ L.

Just realised this post has done 50pages. Just hope it goes on till adding 00 more to those 50 for years to come. Truly making every owner feel as it goes to say and meant to be, Feel Special.

Enjoy your drive.
Invinsible: That's some frugal thirst. Lovely.

WE'VE CROSSED THE HALF CENTURY:
Gentlemen, we've achieved a BIG milestone today, thanks mostly to your support, inputs, charming insights and language, advice and FROLIC, PICS and so much more. Keep it up. We're what is called a Community! As Invinsible says, let's go for the BIG one.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 15:29   #741
BHPian

Talking we reached 50, we reached 50

A big clap for the 50th page guys. let all fabias sound their horns 50 times..cheers: i would never ever leave this thread guys. this is the abode of all "fabiosi" (to borrow from mafiosi). it's just that i might get into the all new honda city thread too since dad is planning to take the car by next month. in any case, i would be using the city too (dad fills the petrol, i wud be using the car. hope dad won't be reading this post)

My car crossed the 2000km mark yesterday and things seems to be falling into place. from my observation, i've felt that the engine is turning to be much more smooth and responsive. With the rattle snakes in the hole and brakes in slot, i'm geting more and more addicted to the drives.

my door would be open for any member who feels like visiting Kerala so that i can tag along and wander. dear netchef, for a living, i'm into consulting for government(not working in biggies like PwC/ KPMG/ Mckinsey tho. deliberately avoiding them since they won't give me time to get on with the real life). But my real passion is in photography & travel. dear invisible, i'm using Sony DSC-H50 which was purchased last month. Earlier, i've been thro some nikons and my last camera was Canon S3 IS (both H50 and S3 IS can be in what you term as compact SLR range in which you can use additional lenses and has got the base features of true blood SLR's. Canon replaced S3 IS last year with S5 IS ). hope i'm not too much off-topic, mods.
Old 7th October 2008, 15:41   #742
BHPian

Quote:
A big clap for the 50th page guys. let all fabias sound their horns 50 times..cheers: i would never ever leave this thread guys. this is the abode of all "fabiosi" (to borrow from mafiosi). it's just that i might get into the all new honda city thread too since dad is planning to take the car by next month. in any case, i would be using the city too (dad fills the petrol, i wud be using the car. hope dad won't be reading this post)

My car crossed the 2000km mark yesterday and things seems to be falling into place. from my observation, i've felt that the engine is turning to be much more smooth and responsive. With the rattle snakes in the hole and brakes in slot, i'm geting more and more addicted to the drives.

my door would be open for any member who feels like visiting Kerala so that i can tag along and wander. dear netchef, for a living, i'm into consulting for government(not working in biggies like PwC/ KPMG/ Mckinsey tho. deliberately avoiding them since they won't give me time to get on with the real life). But my real passion is in photography & travel. dear invisible, i'm using Sony DSC-H50 which was purchased last month. Earlier, i've been thro some nikons and my last camera was Canon S3 IS (both H50 and S3 IS can be in what you term as compact SLR range in which you can use additional lenses and has got the base features of true blood SLR's. Canon replaced S3 IS last year with S5 IS ). hope i'm not too much off-topic, mods.
Quite similarity dude..
Me also use my dad's NHC in 'dad feels the petrol I use' method and also owns S3IS..

BTW I just finished 2250 kms on my car..
kunaldhami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 12:01   #743
BHPian

Quote:
A big clap for the 50th page guys. let all fabias sound their horns 50 times..cheers: i would never ever leave this thread guys. this is the abode of all "fabiosi" (to borrow from mafiosi).

my door would be open for any member who feels like visiting Kerala so that i can tag along and wander. dear netchef, for a living, i'm into consulting for government(not working in biggies like PwC/ KPMG/ Mckinsey tho. deliberately avoiding them since they won't give me time to get on with the real life). But my real passion is in photography & travel.
Mysticeyes:"...my door would be open for any member who feels like visiting Kerala ..." Thanks, Sir. Kind AND hospitable of you. I know precisely what I'd like to drink when and if I hit your shores

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
Quite similarity dude..
Me also use my dad's NHC in 'dad feels the petrol I use' method and also owns S3IS..

BTW I just finished 2250 kms on my car..
kunaldhami: Pics please.
Old 9th October 2008, 12:11   #744
BHPian

Some pics I posted in official auto image thread..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post968274 (The Auto-Image thread)
kunaldhami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 13:01   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Got my car tinted with Garware SRC Charcoal Grey (lightest shade avilable) due to my wifey's persistent chirps.
How much did it cost you? Any pics after the change?
CBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 13:10   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
How much did it cost you? Any pics after the change?

it set me back by rs. 1200 with warranty. haven't clicked yet. would do that soon
Old 9th October 2008, 15:45   #747
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post

nice pics of the red baby and nice locations too
Old 9th October 2008, 17:36   #748
Distinguished - BHPian

MOD NOTE: Gentlemen, I can understand and appreciate the feeling of comradery and brotherhood among Fabia owners, but please keep this thread only for reviews and pictures of your respective cars. We have different threads for scenic pics and travelogues. Please take some time to venture out to the rest of the forum
-Thanks

Last edited by Mpower : 9th October 2008 at 19:51.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 22:45   #749
BHPian

Default My baby got a dent!!!

Hi Guys!!!

i have been offline for quiet some time, sorry was shuttling between bangalore and Chennai. well my car is performing well did about 8000km as of now. but i am upset with skoda. my car met with an accident 25 days back. the front grill broke, there was a crack in the bumper and bonnet had got bent with the fender too. the car's radiator had to be replaced. well they took 10 days to repair these but unfortunately the front light clips had broken. i had to wait for 20 days for just a single piece head light to come. skoda should keep their stocks level better.
the bill came upto whooping 95k, luckily insurance paid 70k i had to pay 20 k and bring the car.

hey can i put an petes in my car or should i wait until 25000kms

Ronny
ronnyquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 13:23   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
Hi Guys!!!

i have been offline for quiet some time, sorry was shuttling between bangalore and Chennai. well my car is performing well did about 8000km as of now. but i am upset with skoda. my car met with an accident 25 days back. the front grill broke, there was a crack in the bumper and bonnet had got bent with the fender too. the car's radiator had to be replaced. well they took 10 days to repair these but unfortunately the front light clips had broken. i had to wait for 20 days for just a single piece head light to come. skoda should keep their stocks level better.
the bill came upto whooping 95k, luckily insurance paid 70k i had to pay 20 k and bring the car.

hey can i put an petes in my car or should i wait until 25000kms

Ronny
ronnyquest: My comisserations. It's never a happy or well-augured day when one gets a blemish on one's beloved wheels. I can empathize with the heartache. 95K is a lot of money- it will soon ALMOST buy a whole car!

Did they colour-match 100% (and I presume the paint required a touch-up somewhere, as against a direct replacement of parts)? Drive safe.