Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2009, 09:31   #1081
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Just a question: Is wheel alignment and tyre rotation free, or charged in the first service? Thanks beforehand.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 10:27   #1082
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
Just a question: Is wheel alignment and tyre rotation free, or charged in the first service? Thanks beforehand.
Well yes, but I would advise you get it done outside. I was told Rs.1700 for this and I wasn't even satisfied seeing the way that guy was doing the job. Get it done from outside along with the rotation.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 11:41   #1083
BHPian
 
MadRash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 241
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
Just a question: Is wheel alignment and tyre rotation free, or charged in the first service? Thanks beforehand.
It's not free. In my case the guys did some alignment & wheel balancing work and called me to inform. I told them that I will not pay for it as they haven't confirmed it with me before. Finally they haven't charged me. Hope they haven't done anything wrong to my car.
MadRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 11:42   #1084
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 33
Thanked: Once
Default Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
Just a question: Is wheel alignment and tyre rotation free, or charged in the first service? Thanks beforehand.

Robin: Never do it at the dealer, they never do it well and even spoil the the existing alignment(my experience), and the explanation given was their equipment was "slightly" faulty. Moreover its costlier...

By the way, your write ups and pictures were simply too good, do keep up the good work...

safe driving...
shykrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 11:45   #1085
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,669 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Well yes, but I would advise you get it done outside. I was told Rs.1700 for this and I wasn't even satisfied seeing the way that guy was doing the job. Get it done from outside along with the rotation.
have you installed the filter?
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 13:04   #1086
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
have you installed the filter?
No my friend not been able to get the time out may be on this sunday. I am considering to redo the custom intake system. So have to gather lot other things for the same.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 16:49   #1087
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Well yes, but I would advise you get it done outside. I was told Rs.1700 for this and I wasn't even satisfied seeing the way that guy was doing the job. Get it done from outside along with the rotation.
Invinsible: Rs 1700 is pretty steep, don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
It's not free. In my case the guys did some alignment & wheel balancing work and called me to inform. I told them that I will not pay for it as they haven't confirmed it with me before. Finally they haven't charged me. Hope they haven't done anything wrong to my car.
MadRash: I salute you for being tough with them. These dealers have to raise the bar on service and the only way it's going to happen if more owners push back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shykrish View Post
Robin: Never do it at the dealer, they never do it well and even spoil the the existing alignment(my experience), and the explanation given was their equipment was "slightly" faulty. Moreover its costlier...

By the way, your write ups and pictures were simply too good, do keep up the good work...

safe driving...
shykrish:"...spoil the the existing alignment(my experience)..."

Shocking. It's such a hi-tech car they need to use computers with remote access so some boffin sitting 3000 kms away can titrate and listen for beeps and twiddle virtual knobs...and then they mess up something basic as wheel alignment that's been around since the wheel was invented.

I'd have had apoplexy if I'd seen the twit in action. Simply cannot suffer fools.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 20:19   #1088
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Any place in Bangalore where it can be done? Sorry for the stupid question.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 22:06   #1089
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 3 Times
Default First Service. -Skoda Fabia Deisel Elegance.

Hi,

I had done 10K and did my first service in Gurudev Chennai. Total Cost 5,3K The max cost went for Shell Synthetic. The service advisor asked me if I wanted Mobil which is about 1K expensive, I said I was fine to go for Mobil, But later on he said that shell was the only recomended for fabia. I am not sure if he has forgotten my request for Mobil and trying to make up.

One good thing about this whole service was that I noticed a bulge in the tyre (Fabia comes with Matador Tyre). I just could not beleive that the tyre was replaced free of cost after 10K kilometers.

Though this was done they did a shabby job of interior cleaning and charged me 1.5K.

My point is check your tyres for manufacturing defect. if you are runnning on MATADOR.

Thanks

Mike
mikemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 12:51   #1090
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 22
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Ipod Q

Hi
small question, what cable I need to connect the ipod to the Aux unit? Do i need to purchase it from Skoda showroom?

Thanks,
amit_mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 15:24   #1091
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai, Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 142
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mind View Post
Hi
small question, what cable I need to connect the ipod to the Aux unit? Do i need to purchase it from Skoda showroom?

Thanks,
get a 3.5mm male-male audio jack from any electronics store, buy the cheapest, they're all the same.
naikpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 09:10   #1092
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
Any place in Bangalore where it can be done? Sorry for the stupid question.
fi.robin: There's a fine and professional set-up on St John's Church Road. I can't recall the name of the place but they've been in the biz for years. If you know St Germain's School, they're diagonally opposite.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemba View Post
Hi,
One good thing about this whole service was that I noticed a bulge in the tyre (Fabia comes with Matador Tyre). I just could not beleive that the tyre was replaced free of cost after 10K kilometers.

My point is check your tyres for manufacturing defect. if you are runnning on MATADOR.
Mike
mikemba: TYRES! Bah! You're the third or fourth with this complaint. Matador either leave much to be desired as a brand else they are just not suited to our conditions (heat & dust).

GENERAL DYNAMICS:
BTW my first service was at the 1 year milestone (coz the clock had barely registered 6K kms). Any idea when my Second service will come up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mind View Post
Hi
small question, what cable I need to connect the ipod to the Aux unit? Do i need to purchase it from Skoda showroom?
Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
get a 3.5mm male-male audio jack from any electronics store, buy the cheapest, they're all the same.
amit_mind/naikpranav: Does this mean it's easy to plug in an amplifier and extra speakers? I dream of sexing-up the sound. Can't afford them though...maybe I should check the Gratis section for anyone who's giving one away.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 11:24   #1093
BHPian
 
MadRash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 241
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemba View Post
My point is check your tyres for manufacturing defect. if you are runnning on MATADOR.
Mike:
My car also running in Matador tyres and I have crossed 13K in the odo. I don't have any complaints about it except the fact that it passes a lot of road noise in to the cabin, when we drive thru some gravel roads. Some times, I have to reduce the speed to ensure whether its the tyre noise or not.

This weekend I made an unplanned visit to Coimbatore. On the way, the right back tyre busted for the first time. Changing it was a breeze. 10 mins, the car is good to go. But fixing the tyre was a pain. Not many shops are equipped to patch up the tubeless tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
These dealers have to raise the bar on service and the only way it's going to happen if more owners push back.
netchef:
You should check out the Gurudev motors showroom and service centres here. The showroom looks very dull. The Vadapalani service centre is working in a old cinema studio. Its in such a pathetic situation, you will not believe that its a premium car manufacturers service centre When I asked a sales guy about this, he simply replied "Sir, only the drivers visit the service centre and not the owners." They opened a new service centre here, even that is not up to the mark. They should visit Lanson Toyota's showroom & service centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
GENERAL DYNAMICS:
amit_mind/naikpranav: Does this mean it's easy to plug in an amplifier and extra speakers? I dream of sexing-up the sound. Can't afford them though...maybe I should check the Gratis section for anyone who's giving one away.
netchef:
AUX is "audio in". So simple plug and play of amplifing is not possible.
MadRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:32   #1094
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 22
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
get a 3.5mm male-male audio jack from any electronics store, buy the cheapest, they're all the same.
naikpranav - thanks a lot
amit_mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:33   #1095
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
netchef:
You should check out the Gurudev motors showroom and service centres here. The showroom looks very dull. The Vadapalani service centre is working in a old cinema studio. Its in such a pathetic situation, you will not believe that its a premium car manufacturers service centre When I asked a sales guy about this, he simply replied "Sir, only the drivers visit the service centre and not the owners." They opened a new service centre here, even that is not up to the mark. They should visit Lanson Toyota's showroom & service centre.


netchef:
AUX is "audio in". So simple plug and play of amplifing is not possible.
MadRash: That's really pathetic. For a few Dollars more they could work wonders for building their brand image. It seems we're better off in Bangalore, where-[perhaps-we've a slightly different 'culture'. Owner-drivers and drivers as well roll up to a swank-but-not-kitsch TAFE whose chaps are polished and eager to please. I don't know the other dealership, but going by this one I'd safely say they are above board.

Aux: thanks.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 lakhs to repair Skoda Fabia engine. EDIT: Owner sells Fabia as scrap! zombiedriver Technical Stuff 234 27th July 2016 16:32
Diesel Hatch - Considering the New Skoda Fabia Diesel 1.2 TDI kunaalsaigal Hatchbacks 34 1st June 2011 18:31
Artist Impressions: 2014 Skoda Fabia and 2014 Skoda Laura karanraheja The International Automotive Scene 11 14th February 2011 19:43
Pathetic service from Skoda and Fabia woes. EDIT : Got FULL refund from Skoda Gaurav Mathur Indian Car Dealerships 80 11th August 2010 01:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks