Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th March 2009, 12:13   #1186
BHPian

fi.robin: Sir, good to bump into you this a.m.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 12:44   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
fi.robin: Sir, good to bump into you this a.m.
I feel elated too. My wife was a bit curious till I told her it is netchef I am waving at. She too reads through the thread, not as frequent though.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 13:52   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
I feel elated too. My wife was a bit curious till I told her it is netchef I am waving at. She too reads through the thread, not as frequent though.
fi.robin: Oh wonderful. I did not notice you had a passenger. Please tell her she is welcome to write in her views any time. It's reassuring to know we have at least one female visitor.
Old 19th March 2009, 14:28   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Cool Meet & Greet?

Netchef and fi.Robin,

Is it only the 3 of us [inc me] that are from Bangy and own Fabias? Wondering if there are actually more members here, but currently dormant..

We're likely to be shifting into our new house over the weekend, so being the only member of my family, gifted with the craft of maneuvering the wheels, I cannot be away from the house for long periods.

Is it possible that we meet for a half hour-to-one session on Sunday, 22.03, at about 1400hrs? [that's aft'anoon, isn't it?] Or 1500hrs maybe, if 2pm isn't comfortable?

And if we are likely to meet, where shall that be? Since we're meeting post lunch [dunno abt ye folks but I down my lunch by then], we could meet for Coffee, or dessert, whatever you folks consider fine.

If it's coffee, then there are 2-3 Coffee Day outlets in IndiraNagar Stage II [100 ft rd and 12th Main] [Oh btw, I think CCD sucks! sorry] and if you folks swing to Barista's taste, there is one on IndiraNagar 100ft Rd and one inside Leela Palace on Airport road. [Are you guys noting how I'm being selfish in pointing to places near my residence, lol?]

For Dessert, I've been hearing theres an icecream chain called 'Corner House', one of which I know exists in Residency road, but not aware of any other. If you know any, please suggest and we can decide on that.

Please post your ideas and preferred/excellent places here; we shall discuss and plan accordingly.

Note: Any Fabiosi residing in Bangalore, please try to make it to this miniature meet on Sunday and if possible, along with your esteemed steed.

Oh! And if possible, get them clean. I'll get my Oh-So-So DSLR camera along
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 15:30   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Netchef and fi.Robin,

Is it only the 3 of us [inc me] that are from Bangy and own Fabias? Wondering if there are actually more members here, but currently dormant..

k_ajay: I'm game for 15.00 hours, Sunday.
Seems we're just 3 for now, all within spitting distance of I'nagar, so non-issue of being selfish.

Options: Leela is not such a good idea as the cars will be far from where we sip coffee. CCD not bad- we could park on the side road. Another option- if it's coffee we're contemplating- is Brio, on 12th Main. Perhaps they'll be kind and serve us on the balcony, in which case our raison d'etre's will be 4.37 feet away. AND good for photography, ogling, exchanging notes, drooling over ICEs etc.

There is a Corner House (ice cream joint) in the premises of the TGIF building, but I'm not too sure how parking will work out.

Last edited by netchef : 19th March 2009 at 15:31. Reason: detritus
Old 19th March 2009, 16:42   #1191
BHPian

K_ajay, netchef : 1500 hrs is fine for me also.

Leela has an open parking inside their campus, but it is far away from Barista. I have always found parking in Corner House in Carlton Towers (TGIF) within meters from the seating arrangements.
Old 19th March 2009, 17:00   #1192
BHPian

Oh! I see a Fabia being parked in the apartment complex opposite mine for a month now. Ditto same as mine. Unfortunately I don't know the owner.
Old 19th March 2009, 17:57   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
K_ajay, netchef : 1500 hrs is fine for me also.

Leela has an open parking inside their campus, but it is far away from Barista. I have always found parking in Corner House in Carlton Towers (TGIF) within meters from the seating arrangements.
fi.robin: Done. Let's pick straws? Coffee or ice cream?

Quote:
Oh! I see a Fabia being parked in the apartment complex opposite mine for a month now. Ditto same as mine. Unfortunately I don't know the owner.
Talk to him...introduce yourself. He's sure to be a fine bloke (like us ).
'Course, if he turns out to be a she, you're in for flak from your better half!
Old 19th March 2009, 18:43   #1194
Senior - BHPian

Post Straw & Spoon

Quote:
I don't mind either coffee or icecream. If it's coffee, let it be Brio, if Robin is fine with it. Or we can go to CH for some frozen cream, with parking being a non-issue. 3pm is super!

Quote:
Talk to him...introduce yourself. He's sure to be a fine bloke (like us ).
'Course, if he turns out to be a she, you're in for flak from your better half!

Rather, if it's a she, get her along for the Sunday meet.. We can always induct her into TBHP later... lol
Old 19th March 2009, 18:49   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
I let you vote on my behalf .
Old 19th March 2009, 18:56   #1196
VKJ
BHPian

What's with spoons straw on TBHP lately?

I am in! eager to catch the Maestro live in concert!

Vijay
VKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 19:29   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I don't mind either coffee or icecream. If it's coffee, let it be Brio, if Robin is fine with it. Or we can go to CH for some frozen cream, with parking being a non-issue. 3pm is super!

Rather, if it's a she, get her along for the Sunday meet.. We can always induct her into TBHP later... lol
k_ajay: I vote for Brio.
I vote for the mystery girl. In fact if it turns out to be a girl, I'll propose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post

Vijay
VKJ: Super. Come along.

Rajeev.

Shall PM you gents my #

Last edited by netchef : 19th March 2009 at 19:31. Reason: Forgot a detail
Old 19th March 2009, 19:46   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
I vote for the mystery girl. In fact if it turns out to be a girl, I'll propose!

VKJ: Super. Come along.

Rajeev.

Shall PM you gents my #
How do I introduce myself to the mistry girl? All I know that there is a Fabia in the apartment complex. Any problem solvers here ? The gaurd won't allow me in the complex till I know the flat number. And I can't get the flat number till I peek into the parking lot.
Old 19th March 2009, 20:12   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
How do I introduce myself to the mistry girl? All I know that there is a Fabia in the apartment complex. Any problem solvers here ? The gaurd won't allow me in the complex till I know the flat number. And I can't get the flat number till I peek into the parking lot.

fi.robin: Oops. Sound like one of them logic puzzles from GMAT or MENSA or worse

Leave a rose and your number on the windshield. If it's a girl, she'll call. If it's a guy...well he might call as well (recession, you see )
Old 19th March 2009, 22:39   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Cool Lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post

Vijay
Vijay, nice that.. So 4 members now... It's exciting to see 3 other Fabias...

Quote:
Brio is good. Incidentally, I've never been there.

Robin, I'm now really thinking if my idea was good, afterall.. Poor girl...
Should she hook up with Netchef, imagine the big dictionary she'd have to run and walk around with...

And copywriters are a shy folk.... lol

Quote:
Well, why don't you try watching on a lazy day, when someone comes to access the fabia in the opposite apt. complex?

If it's a she, it would be worth going down for a disguised technical chit chat [oh! you see, I have this problem. Do you? Oh good you don't.]

But do make sure your wifey ain't watching your back when you're birdwatching

Quote:
fi.robin: Leave a rose and your number on the windshield. If it's a girl, she'll call. If it's a guy...well he might call as well (recession, you see )

[I'm not surprised Dostana was a hit]