Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th March 2009, 22:56   #1201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Vijay, nice that.. So 4 members now... It's exciting to see 3 other Fabias...

Brio is good. Incidentally, I've never been there.

Robin, I'm now really thinking if my idea was good, afterall.. Poor girl...
Should she hook up with Netchef, imagine the big dictionary she'd have to run and walk around with...

And copywriters are a shy folk.... lol

Well, why don't you try watching on a lazy day, when someone comes to access the fabia in the opposite apt. complex?

If it's a she, it would be worth going down for a disguised technical chit chat [oh! you see, I have this problem. Do you? Oh good you don't.]

But do make sure your wifey ain't watching your back when you're birdwatching

[I'm not surprised Dostana was a hit]
Damn it. She has already gone through the posts. But there is a good news, I had a peek an hour ago, the car was not there and so the writing on the wall was visible. I am sure one of the number is the flat no.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 08:51   #1202
VKJ
BHPian

Bang guys!

Since we have two more days to go, I was thinking.... how about meeting in this lovely place called Jayanagar, I am sure Netchef would like the idea of hanging around here with so much choice of food, place and people Parking next to each other Hmmm...I cannot guarantee though!
but trust me everyone gets a space to park.

The outlets that I could recall here....
Coffee: Barista, CCD. Netchef, there's one hangout, famous for ice creams and pastries near your place right[not sweet chariot]? and why not Kalmane coffee and cothas coffee if you guys like the traditional chikmagalur taste...

Eat-outs: Sukh sagar my fav. hangout famous for their soups and evening snacks, cool joint I would not recommend as there's no place to sit and chat. If you guys like local food, there's a new Maiya's near BTM.

The list is partial and incomplete!!!

BTW, I am fine with any place we as group decide..no preference.
VKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 10:49   #1203
BHPian

[quote=k_ajay;1221647]Vijay, nice that.. So 4 members now...

a disguised technical chit chat [oh! you see, I have this problem. Do you? Oh good you don't.]

quote]

k_ajay:

Poor girl...
Should she hook up with Netchef, imagine the big dictionary she'd have to run and walk around with...Ha ha.

I guess we need to tread carefully with the gentle sex when disguising a chit chat- Saying "I've a rattle in my glove compartment" could scare them off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
Damn it. She has already gone through the posts. But there is a good news, I had a peek an hour ago, the car was not there and so the writing on the wall was visible. I am sure one of the number is the flat no.
fi.robin: Ah the writing on the wall. I hope it doesn't turn out to be some burly wrestler with big moustache who drives that car. I much prefer Ms Daisy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
Bang guys!

Since we have two more days to go, I was thinking.... how about meeting in this lovely place called Jayanagar, I am sure Netchef would like the idea of hanging around here with so much choice of food, place and people Parking next to each other Hmmm...
VKJ: Guys, could we stick with the original plan of I'nagar Brio/CCD this time? we could explore other joints next time round.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 12:18   #1204
BHPian

Default Museum grade

Would you believe this is a Skoda? I found it on their site. Stately...lots like the Big American cars of the era- the Duesenbergs etc. I was blown away.
Attached Images

Last edited by netchef : 20th March 2009 at 12:32. Reason: Wrong Brand- I called it a Fabia instead of Skoda
Old 20th March 2009, 14:25   #1205
Senior - BHPian

Smile Fix on Brio!!

Quote:
Bang guys!

Since we have two more days to go, I was thinking.... how about meeting in this lovely place called Jayanagar, I am sure Netchef would like the idea of hanging around here with so much choice of food, place and people Parking next to each other Hmmm...I cannot guarantee though!
but trust me everyone gets a space to park.

The outlets that I could recall here....
Coffee: Barista, CCD. Netchef, there's one hangout, famous for ice creams and pastries near your place right[not sweet chariot]? and why not Kalmane coffee and cothas coffee if you guys like the traditional chikmagalur taste...

Eat-outs: Sukh sagar my fav. hangout famous for their soups and evening snacks, cool joint I would not recommend as there's no place to sit and chat. If you guys like local food, there's a new Maiya's near BTM.

The list is partial and incomplete!!!

BTW, I am fine with any place we as group decide..no preference.
Vijay: Please don't mind, but can we fix on Brio for this Sunday meet, only? Unfortunately, I'm between shifting houses, and don't have the luxury to take more than an hour off, to spend outside of work@home.

I'm sure you'll understand. However though, our next meet can be far off, or on a long drive, which may be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
I guess we need to tread carefully with the gentle sex when disguising a chit chat- Saying "I've a rattle in my glove compartment" could scare them off!!
Hehehe.. I only hope the response from the fairer sex won't be "shall I go get my tool set to fix that rattle up"'

Man, we should be wary of what we write here. We have members from the gentle sex here who also read. Further, we should ensure Robin doesn't get asked to stop being between the pages... Hehe

Quote:
VKJ: Guys, could we stick with the original plan of I'nagar Brio/CCD this time? we could explore other joints next time round.
I agree and please.

Quote:
Would you believe this is a Skoda? I found it on their site. Stately...lots like the Big American cars of the era- the Duesenbergs etc. I was blown away.
Is everyone here on this thread aware that Skoda is a 104 yrs old company in manufacturing automobiles, and a 114 yrs old company manufacturing bicycles? Awesome..
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 14:27   #1206
Senior - BHPian

First ever fabiosis meet. WOW! way to go.
Am sure you guys are gonna a blast. I can already see excitement between each one of you

I wonder how many are there from Mumbai to have a meet here. I look for a day when almost all fabiosis would meet up and have a trail fabia's marching towards one destination.

Anyways, I am gonna be updating my head unit soon to the Clarion one.
All info here.. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...s-kenwood.html

Someone asked me the info on the Stebel Nautilus the one I have.
Here's the link STEBEL S.p.a.

Custom Air intake coming up
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 16:18   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Vijay: Please don't mind, but can we fix on Brio for this Sunday meet

Is everyone here on this thread aware that Skoda is a 104 yrs old company in manufacturing automobiles, and a 114 yrs old company manufacturing bicycles? Awesome..
k_ajay: Those gents Laurin & Klement were uber cool. I think one of them got miffed when rebuffed on some cycle repair query or request, and promptly went and started his own bicycle manufacturing plant.

What we drive is defined by Monsieur Darwin's 'Origin of Species'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
First ever fabiosis meet. WOW! way to go.
Am sure you guys are gonna a blast. I can already see excitement between each one of you

Invinsible: Wish you could have been there. It's a small meet, but all things have small beginnings.

Good luck with your Clarion- since I harbour hopes of one day uplifting my ICE, I'd love to know details.
Our very first ICE in the family Standard 10 (around 29 years ago) was a Clarion tape deck, and it brought us much enjoyment.

seen the Yeti?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-skoda-yeti.jpg  

Old 20th March 2009, 17:46   #1208
BHPian

[quote=netchef;1222115]
Quote:

fi.robin: Ah the writing on the wall. I hope it doesn't turn out to be some burly wrestler with big moustache who drives that car. I much prefer Ms Daisy!
You scare me. Even though I have trained myself the basics of self defence/streetfight, I would rather chicken out. Rule 1 says, "run if you can".
If it turns out to be Ms Daisy , well... my wife too had attended the training sessions and I am sure she won't mind skipping the Rule 1. I'll be a dead meat either way . May be I should pass the baton to you, netchef.
Old 20th March 2009, 18:25   #1209
BHPian

[quote=fi.robin;1222997]
Quote:
May be I should pass the baton to you, netchef.
fi.robin: yes, Siree. Lots to talk about when we meet: I have other priorities other than cars!
Old 20th March 2009, 20:55   #1210
VKJ
BHPian

netchef, ajay, robin.......brio oh hoy!!!

where exactly is this place!!!! TGF...CH compound?
Old 20th March 2009, 21:00   #1211
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
k_ajay: Those gents Laurin & Klement were uber cool. I think one of them got miffed when rebuffed on some cycle repair query or request, and promptly went and started his own bicycle manufacturing plant.

What we drive is defined by Monsieur Darwin's 'Origin of Species'.
Oh! Didn't know that.. Good share..

Quote:
seen the Yeti?
Seen? I've been drooling since last week... Mouth watering.
Old 20th March 2009, 21:22   #1212
Senior - BHPian

Post Route Map

Quote:
netchef, ajay, robin.......brio oh hoy!!!

where exactly is this place!!!! TGF...CH compound?
Vijay: Get into IndiraNagar 100FT road, from the InterRing Road end, and keep driving until you see a 12th main, board, to your right [there will be a State Bank of Mysore, you can see in the beginning of that road and to the signal's left, you can see a Sony World showroom..]

You cannot take right on 12th Main, so drive down a little and take a U-turn and return to 12th Main and take the left into it.

I hope this will be simple to follow... Let me know if it confuses.. Netchef may give another direction and so may Robin... If they both give the same direction, then it's simply the best one to take... lol

Here, see if this helps:
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-direction-brio.png
Old 21st March 2009, 08:11   #1213
BHPian

k_ajay: directions are spot on. I think right turn on the 12th main is allowed now. I have been noticing it for a couple of weeks now.
Old 21st March 2009, 08:46   #1214
VKJ
BHPian

k_ajay: I cant ask you for more than this!!!!! I will be there on Sunday at 3PM IST

I wish these google/yahoo maps come preloaded with distance meter as well in india!!!
Old 21st March 2009, 13:03   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
I wish these google/yahoo maps come preloaded with distance meter as well in india!!!
VKJ, try using mapmyindia.com for directions - gives you the distances.
MuraliR is offline   Reply With Quote