Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd March 2009, 08:59   #1216
BHPian

netchef/ajay/robin/VKJ:
Have you guys met yesterday? any updates?

robin: Got any clue about your neighbour?
MadRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 09:08   #1217
BHPian

Default Pics of Bangalore-Fabia meet

netchef, k_ajay, VKJ and fi.robin.
Attached Images

fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 09:31   #1218
VKJ
BHPian

Hey guys,

It was truly a 'Fabia's day out'. The details along with the snaps will be out shortly including the investigation report on Robin's case!

VKJ
VKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 09:46   #1219
BHPian

Default Famous Fabiosi Lodge meet #1, Bangalore

Imagine this: there's an evil-grey Nissan GTR in full song tearing down the inner recesses of I'nagar. What does it get? A bare fleeting glance and a thin and very distracted comment!

WHY??

That's because the Famous Fabiosi Lodge of Bangalore were at their inaugural meet and a Tsunami -might have diluted them a tad, BUTcould not have deterred them!

Here's the quorum at BRIO, 3.00 pm Sunday: k_ajay, fi.robin, VKJ and of course your truly.

There was coffee and Darjeeling tea- but that came later. Post pleasantries exchange, there was the expected WHO/WHAT/WHERE discussed- really interesting to hear what you guys do for a living, where you've travelled AND originate from...and the rich pasttimes indulged in (ranging from piscatorial to wok-related...and not to forget the brilliant camera-skills with the guys).

The general free-wheeling session but naturally culminated in a photoshoot outdoors so we could pose with our trick machines and generally look like Hugh-Grant-who-just-won-the-woman-and-the-wheels-to-drive-her-off-in! (well, some of us got a cuppa of Darjeeling tea and a block of camphor- so Hugh, well, there's always a next time).

Pleasure meeting you chaps- you really take the Fabia Owners' Group (Someone else got HOG, F.O.G works fine for us, thankyou, very much) to the next level. Hope we can do it again, soon- perhaps like k_ajay suggested, next time round a short 50-60 km trip out of Banaglore to put our cars thru their paces, smell the bucolic air and wave at the hoi polloi. That, and oh, yes, we have also got to meet once closer to the J'nagar neck of woods to keep it fair to Fabiosi that were dragged our side- kicking and screaming.

FINDINGS: Fabiosi are a special breed. There's been some social conditioning via the team-bhp forum where we've run our stories and painted our philosophies and lives- for the other Fabiosi to have a fair idea of what to expect and how to engage...BUT, like I mentioned to the guys last afternoon, perhaps we're also genetically retro-manipulated by OUR CAR! (sambhar and biryani and octane/cetane guys MADE in the Czech Republic).

So, the Fabiosi are of a certain breed: intellect, culture, behaviour. The general public can know one when he opens a door for a lady, or recites the first 16 strings of code to the DNA sequence, or holds his own with a Schumacher...and but naturally, know him/her by the now-famous car.

I generalise there but there are heaps of aspects to add to the Fabiosi AURA! I know it. Please add your views, but it was very real and palpable to me. Little other explanation for how 4 strangers could segue thru 3 hours with just the common thread of their 'transport' to stitch them together.

EXPECTED: Pics as well as your angle on the meet. For future meets, we aught to try roping in more Fabiosi who seem to throng the city's roads thicker than flies yet haven't been proselytised to the Ministrations and Magic of OUR forum, OUR story. We now have to be Fishers of Men (and even though times are bad, WOMEN, too for some of us).

OTHER CITIES: Any plans of doing a 'Famous Fabiosi' meet? It's fun and a great way to put a face to the person you've been chatting with for so long- a terrific way to swap ideas- I got smart and street savvy tips on sunfilm; a pleasant excuse for shame-faced addiction to Darjeeling-tea-dipped-in-Differential fluid while hanging out with 'the guys'. Go for it!

Last edited by netchef : 23rd March 2009 at 09:52. Reason: idea
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:15   #1220
BHPian

Wink a tale of 4 fabiosis

nice to see the pics of the meeting and few bald heads.seems some heads are pretty much heated up. hey netchefiosi mafiosi, when you get free, please do put up a detailed blow by blow account of all the conspiracies which you discussed in the group. not only the Nissan-walah, but all the passersby must've cranked their neck to find out what thew cuddled up meeting was all about. I should say that I envy you guys for having hooked up a meeting so fast. Wish we could setup a similar meeting in our city. Quite a bit of Trivandrum fabiosis have gone missing from the forum, especially Rakesh. But I keep spotting his black beauty every now and then.

Talk abt growing number of fabiosis.. I had mentioned few posts back that Skoda is having all out ad gimmick for fabia and it seems to be paying off. I've spotted more than 10 new fabias in town,but Couldn't make out if it was petrol or diesel version.
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:33   #1221
BHPian

Default Bald heads= good aerodynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
netchef, k_ajay, VKJ and fi.robin.
fi.robin: Sir, thanks. Great pics. Handsome blokes too, with just you missing. I hope the others post their pics soon, so you get published.

Await your stories (also VKJ and Ajay). I gave you my take on stealing Nissan's thunder etc, now it's your turn.

BTW baldies -a.k.a smooth operators- are good for speed due to the hair-o-dynamics!

(Sir, no offence).

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
Hey guys,

It was truly a 'Fabia's day out'. The details along with the snaps will be out shortly including the investigation report on Robin's case!

VKJ
VKJ: SOOOOON, Sir, soon. BTW, what investigation? I missed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
nice to see the pics of the meeting and few bald heads.
Mysticeyes: Sir, since you could not be there with us, it's time you set up your own local Faithful Fabiosi or whatever Lodge. Rope in Rakesh Raja too if it means ambushing him in a dark alley (just joking- we miss him and his stories and pics).

Then you guys MUST post your event coverage with pixels. If you get to imbibe more interesting liquids than Darjeeling tea, drive safe.
Old 23rd March 2009, 12:27   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Here's the quorum at BRIO, 3.00 pm Sunday: k_ajay, fi.robin, VKJ and of course your truly.
Wow. good to know that you guys have made it. More reports please.

Here in Chennai, "I'm a poor lonesome cowboy..."
MadRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:35   #1223
BHPian

Netchef et al. super initiative , lot of knowledge sharing will take place, useful especially for guys like me who are technically on the weaker side, would love to be part of similar meet up in Tvm.

Quote:
Wish we could setup a similar meeting in our city.
I am game

Quote:
I've spotted more than 10 new fabias in town,but Couldn't make out if it was petrol or diesel version.
Most of it is petrol according to guys @ Marikar
shykrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:53   #1224
Senior - BHPian

Register your presence in the TVM meet thread (Quick meets in TVM). I for one would love to meet a couple of Fabiosi.

Good meet report netchef, sounds like it was fun
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:01   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shykrish View Post

I am game

Most of it is petrol according to guys @ Marikar

Have to dig out few more members, so far TBHP got only 3 (including me) 'fabians' in Trivandrum. You can try to pull in Rakesh Raja since he would be inside the T'park campus. Spotted your car (4599) couple of times near Kesavadasapuram, Pattom and Ulloor areas and tried to flash the headlight as a sign of recognition, but I guess you were concentrating too much on the sidewalks.

I think, the best spot for meeting in Trivandrum would be at Cafe Coffee Day, Kawdiar. Immortalz is another TVM TBHP-ian. We can round off him too.
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:25   #1226
Senior - BHPian

Cool Fun-oh-Fabia

Bald heads were making a strong statement this Sunday, at IndiraNagar, Bangalore. Call it a fashion statement, with suitable designer goggles to go well the smooth curves, they disembarked from their steeds with panache and headed to a cafe bistro! And No! Before you feel the urge to ask, I confirm 'the bold bald men are not brothers'.

Making a stronger statement by themselves, rooting for their cause with greater style and elan, were 4 vivid and strikingly beautiful Fabias, getting all the attention of jaywalkers, nursing mothers and doting hubbies on 12th Main of IndiraNagar. So well, that a Nissan GTR, as Netchef statement, had no takers. Sadly, the blokes in the Nissan had only the option to shift_lower gear and disappear.

As our Netchef a.k.a Rajeev, a.k.a Mr.Jeeves has already summed up our meet extremely well, I am at a loss for words to add to them. So I'll let my photos do the talking and sit back, until the next meet.

Vijay a.k.a VKJ, Rajeev a.k.a Netchef, Robin a.k.a fi.robin & yours truly, ajay karthick a.k.a k_ajay
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-p2196399.jpg

In Vivid and bold colors. Stunning?
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-p2196403.jpg

Vijay a.k.a VKJ a.k.a Serious Fish collector, with his Corrida Red TDI Fabia. I truly doubt that Vijay gets someone to lick his baby, since it has the 'licked' shining looks..
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-p2196404.jpg

Robin with his Cappuccino Beige HTP Fabia. Lovley color, Robin. [and I'll say that again and again and again]
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-p2196405.jpg

Monsieur Rajeev with his Satin Grey TDI Fabia. Fortunately for us, we could well comprehend all the words coming out of Rajeev's mouth, that evening. And Camphor smells Divine.
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-p2196408.jpg

Me with my White MPI Fabia. And no Sir, it ain't the european version. I'm simply standing to the vehicle's left.
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-p2196417.jpg

Close up of the white Fab... No No. Those dirty spots are on your comp's screen and NOT on my car... Understand??...
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-p2196410.jpg

Robin was in a digital trance when he clicked this... Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-p2196413.jpg

You see Vijay, when I was 16, I had this 'hair raising' experience that....
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-p2196411.jpg

Trio at Brio!
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-p2196397.jpg

The Nissan GTR that crawled past, only to bellow later, unnoticed.
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-p2196400.jpg

The meet was excellent, with our discussions ranging from our professions, to the mods on cars, to the dealership experience, to superbikes and super-biking experience, to future Fabia versions and the new-to-be-launched Skoda Yeti.. We also managed to do a bit on Robin's no-luck with the opposite flat Fabia owner. lol

3 hot Teas and 1 cold coffee later, we got down to snapping our steeds and with their respective owners, before we decided to call it an evening and head to our respective homes..

I popped the idea of meeting again, although for it to be a 'ride through' meet, to places that are a little distant [50-75kms] than a one that involves resting in a spot... But before that, we shall have a resting meet in Jaynagar, to be fair to our fellow Fabiosi, VKJ. We don't after all, want to be threatened with baby sharks. Strictly not!!

Along with Netchef, I strongly urge Fabiosi from other cities to also hold such meets. You never know how much fun it can be...

Stay tuned for more such Bangy meets. We intend to make this one heady ride.. On behalf of the Bangy Fabia-Owners-Group [b-FOG]..

aK

Last edited by k_ajay : 23rd March 2009 at 17:28. Reason: Correcting punctuations
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:29   #1227
VKJ
BHPian

Default Story of the three musketeers meeting the Maestro!

I started from my home around 2:30PM hopeful of traffic free roads on a bright Sunday afternoon. I reached the place and was soon greeted by Robin, the gesture really elevated my enthusiasm level, who had just arrived and had parked his baby in a 'No Parking' zone. The security guy at the Brio was patiently seeing all this parking tricks attempted by us . I guess we drew his attention and was kind enough to guide both of us to cradle our babies in the basement.

Then we both headed towards the mezzanine floor to be welcomed by Ajay
and the Maestro. There was an element of surprise in the air, as Ajay described the cloning's as resembling the Lee brothers!

We all took our chairs and the interesting chit chat was intermittently interrupted by loud thunders chains on the road and the conversation mostly switched between Ajay and Netchef.

We unraveled some of netchef's past, and one thing interesting that came up was his super bike days....which he is very fond and proud to talk of!!!!
I think we tickled his memory too much here

This was followed by a discussion on individual interests like the culinary skills shared by Robin and Netchef!!!! and ended with a brief lecture on 'Onomatopoeia' as relevant to the marketing and copy writing domain.

Throughout I should admit, The maestro was very considerate and modest with the poor souls that he didn't put us poor souls to complex vocabulary!!!!

After finishing our drink, we headed out to the field to examine and inspect each others car. We exchanged some technical stuff interlaced with Ajay's humor and netchef's poetry once in a while.

We concluded our evening meeting with a promise to meet on regular outings with more fun and thrills.

Ok, coming to the last part of the report was Robin's funny and invigorating skills that he shared with his neighbor, but he has promised to throw us more fun in our next meet!

Oh Ajay is that you?????
Name:  DSC01566.JPG
Views: 1992
Size:  82.5 KB

Oh yeah! that's Ajay!!!!
Name:  DSC01556.JPG
Views: 1987
Size:  126.7 KB
Do we share anything in common hmmmm... sad face
Name:  DSC01553.JPG
Views: 1961
Size:  141.4 KB

Here comes the cynosure of all eyes!!!
Name:  DSC01551.JPG
Views: 1936
Size:  116.3 KB

The prince posing with his beauty!
Name:  DSC01550.JPG
Views: 1928
Size:  152.4 KB

and the Maestro with the concoction!!!!
Name:  DSC01549.JPG
Views: 1896
Size:  159.8 KB
VKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:30   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post
Congratulations on the BUY. I saw a White Fabia while I was stuck in the Gurgaon - Delhi TOLL day before. Looked good and the guys sitting inside definitely enjoyed all the attention
I certainly agree to this comment. WHITE FABIA, its a WoW factor!!!
ritz830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 23:05   #1229
BHPian

I want to apologise for writing in late. netchef, VKJ, and k_ajay have already put in everything here so I am spared of playing around with words. But I still want to share my feelings. How do I do?

Here is a question I want to pose to all the Fabia owners.
How does it feel when you see a Fabia on the road (don't answer yet)? How will it feel if you see not one but three Fabias parked close to your baby and get a chance to know the proud owners,?

I don't want to kill the joy by answering these questions myself. So Fabiosis, share your imaginative feelings that get planted in your head. Go ahead, let it run wild.

Waiting for your replies.

Oh, did we mention that we believe in saving the earth too.

Snap of my car (from Pune trip, Jan 09) through some of the trees planted by me in Pune University between June 2006 to May 2007.
Attached Images

fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 09:35   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Wow. good to know that you guys have made it. More reports please.

Here in Chennai, "I'm a poor lonesome cowboy..."
MadRash: Sir, lasso some Fabia drivers. If that proves difficult, hang out with some big bros: the Octavias and Lauras and the Superbs. It's enervating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shykrish View Post
Netchef et al. super initiative ,
shykrish: Not my initiative, Sir, but enjoyed the company, the afternoon, the banter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Register your presence in the TVM meet thread (Quick meets in TVM). I for one would love to meet a couple of Fabiosi.

Good meet report netchef, sounds like it was fun
ImmortalZ: You could say that again: good fun, good blokes, good cars. Get TVM Fabiosi Lodge going a.s.a.p. and throw in some pics of your lovely countryside.

Quote:
Have to dig out few more members, so far TBHP got only 3 (including me) 'fabians' in Trivandrum. You can try to pull in Rakesh Raja since he would be inside the T'park campus. .. Immortalz is another TVM TBHP-ian. We can round off him too.

Mysticeyes: TVM Fabiosi Lodge, Sir? Only 3 members? Find Rakesh Raja...and invite him on my behalf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post

Along with Netchef, I strongly urge Fabiosi from other cities to also hold such meets. You never know how much fun it can be...

Stay tuned for more such Bangy meets. We intend to make this one heady ride.. On behalf of the Bangy Fabia-Owners-Group [b-FOG]..

aK
k_ajay:
Bald heads were making a strong statement this Sunday, at IndiraNagar, Bangalore.

Ha ha

nursing mothers: LOL. You noticed? Perks of hanging out below Mothercare!, no pun intended with 'hanging out'.

As our Netchef a.k.a Rajeev, a.k.a Mr.Jeeves has already summed up our meet extremely well, I am at a loss for words to add to them. So I'll let my photos do the talking and sit back, until the next meet.

Sir, makes me now wish I hadn't written in first about the Fabiosi Lodge meet as it now seems I am the man with the pen while you gents are the cameramen! Not fair. Next time I'll bring my camera

Vijay a.k.a VKJ, Rajeev a.k.a Netchef, Robin a.k.a fi.robin & yours truly, ajay karthick a.k.a k_ajay
Lovely pics. Thanks. Monsieurs Yul Brynner & Yul Brynner aught to float a venture- perhaps a Legal firm (not a blade company...LOL).

Trio at Brio!
Good one!

The Nissan GTR that crawled past, only to bellow later, unnoticed.
-Ah, you got him in your sights. Some machine.

I popped the idea of meeting again...Very good idea, in my mind. We could pace it though. Once a month or perhaps once in 2 should work well. That way we won't get in each other's hair- an impossibility for some of the Fabiosi in this SMOOOOOTH Lodge!

We don't after all, want to be threatened with baby sharks. Strictly not!!...Good one! Jaws and all that.

[quote=VKJ;1227127]

VKJ:
the cloning's as resembling the Lee brothers!...very funny (BTW, who are the Lee Bros?)

We unraveled some of netchef's past, and one thing interesting that came up was his super bike days....which he is very fond and proud to talk of!!!!

This was followed by a discussion on individual interests like the culinary skills shared by Robin and Netchef!!!! and ended with a brief lecture on 'Onomatopoeia' as relevant to the marketing and copy writing domain.

Yeah, a Superbike will lure me away all right...into some unsuspecting sunset, I fear. Hope there's some sand, a bottle, and a lass waiting too.

Cuisine: Would love to do a cook out some day, Robin. Dinner on me, while dessert could be left to your deft rolling pin/ladle.

VKJ: Seems you're running twin turbos like the GTR, Sir.

Fish: Please enlighten us on what is surely a VERY EXOTIC FISH. Thanks for the picture: rest of the Fabiosi World, VKJ is an expert on those submarine life that glide silently thru the night.

Fabiosi Lodge Meet: the guys also very kindly demo'ed their sunroof in operation and impressed the living daylights our of me. What engineering finesse. How it glides silently like ghost on Mobil. Loved it. Thanks.

[quote=fi.robin;1227281]I want to apologise for writing in late. netchef, VKJ, and k_ajay have already put in everything here so I am spared of playing around with words. But I still want to share my feelings. How do I do?

Oh, did we mention that we believe in saving the earth too.
quote]

fi.robin: Love the greenery in Pune, Sir. Thanks for the pic. BTW please write in with YOUR report of the meet else it might get skewed/flavoured by those that voice their opinions.

To me, there's a feeling of kinship. Like we belong to some very special club. Maybe it's elitist, but it is a club that's by invitation 0nly- OXYMORON because we fell into this club by serendipity, YET discovered belonging here-it's by Invitation. Sounds like the Eagles' Hotel California "You can check out but you can NEVER leave".

Nice camaraderie and bonhomie, and nice to know you have a petrol/dieselhead bro in your corner. To me it's also a happy finale to the mystery: all this while there was just the car and its gadgets and accoutrements, the place it been etc. The evocative stories, its haiku if you like, could only be imagined, but now there's a face and a name to the owner- of whose passion it is manifestation. It's like finding the person that wrote the 'Abracadabra' code! It suddenly makes sense.

YES, we shall save the Earth!

Last edited by netchef : 24th March 2009 at 09:42. Reason: something fishy