Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2009, 13:40   #1261
BHPian
 
Mysticeyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 369
Thanked: 347 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I see a white Fabia with what I think is an O.Z sticker on the rear gate parked in front of Women's College, Vazhuthacaud, in TVM. Is he on T-BHP?

I go there every day to drop my mom off. She's a Guest Lecturer there.
whats O.Z??? by the way, have u noted the number? i guess theres only one white fabia in town which got a sticker in rear glass and its tinted too, thick black. only shykrish, rakesh and myself are 'TVM TBHP-ians' owing fabia. inbetween, WC is a nice place to spot beauties (cars included)

@ Shykrish - as far as numbering goes, mine is 5556 (T.Orange). As you've noted, the attitude of Marikkar guys got considerable imrpovement. Guess they must've got some big time firing.

I'm trying to reach Rakesh through mail. How about next weekend?
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 17:00   #1262
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Nnnope, didn't note the number. Will do on Monday.

O.Z is OZ Racing. They make awesome alloys.

I don't think I've ever seen your car Mystic. Poke greenhorn - we can make it a mega meet if you'd like.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 20:27   #1263
VKJ
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 85
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

VKJ: Good idea. 'recession' trip could be 2 kms round. Ha ha. With 1 sandwich to be shared by 6 people. All cars running gobar gas.

Jokes aside, we could aim for someplace not too far off- Nandi Hills, perhaps, as one of ye suggested the other day. I'm open to other locales as well but would personally prefer to stick to decent tarmac and not go off road.

The weather too is conducive to basking in the sun and not getting fried.
What would your pref be?

@netchef: hahahaha!!!! too good sir!

How about DD hills(Devarayanadurga hills) The weather should be fine but might get hotter in the later part of the day as it is a hill station. I am fine with Nandi hills either.

Just a passing thought! how about racing??? do we have any racing tracks in Bangalore for private use.

Trivandrum folks!
Momentum should gather mass and roll over into kinetic energy. we need interesting news here......pls. update us!!!!
VKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 21:13   #1264
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post

Just a passing thought! how about racing??? do we have any racing tracks in Bangalore for private use.
That sounds scarry. I would rather prefer karting.

Nandi Hills would be fine.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 12:36   #1265
BHPian
 
Mysticeyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 369
Thanked: 347 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Nnnope, didn't note the number. Will do on Monday.

O.Z is OZ Racing. They make awesome alloys.

I don't think I've ever seen your car Mystic. Poke greenhorn - we can make it a mega meet if you'd like.
Spotted the O.Z sticker bearing white fabia (8454) yesterday at 11.30 Am. It was parked opposite to Trivandrum Club. I was near the area talking to a friend for quite sometime, but couldn't see the owner. Guess he was having a delicious "sadya" in the Club. New fabias seems to be rolling out by good numbers it seems, Saw brand new T.Orange & Red yesterday and starting 9Am yesterday and till now, I've counted more than 7 new fabias which were registered in March. Seems there would be much more new fabias hidden.

How come, TBHP still got only 3 TVM fabiosis??? May be we should ask the dealer to mention the TBHP site to other fabia owners. I had mentioned it to the sales guy couple of times, but it seems to've no effect.
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 13:40   #1266
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Why would he? Honda TVM is afraid of T-BHP as well. Dealers with things to hide won't recommend T-BHP on their own accord.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 21:02   #1267
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
Spotted the O.Z sticker bearing white fabia (8454) yesterday at 11.30 Am. It was parked opposite to Trivandrum Club. I was near the area talking to a friend for quite sometime, but couldn't see the owner. Guess he was having a delicious "sadya" in the Club. New fabias seems to be rolling out by good numbers it seems, Saw brand new T.Orange & Red yesterday and starting 9Am yesterday and till now, I've counted more than 7 new fabias which were registered in March. Seems there would be much more new fabias hidden.
Good Luck and hope it turns out to be Ms Daisy, like we were expecting in our case .


ImmortalZWhy would he? Honda TVM is afraid of T-BHP as well. Dealers with things to hide won't recommend T-BHP on their own accord.

Ha Ha
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 09:46   #1268
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default ImmortalZ, VKJ, fi.robin, Mysticeyes,

'Morning Fabiosi! I hope you guys had a supreme weekend. TVM- did the Fabiosi Lodge of God's Own Country get to meet and exchange stories/snap some photographs etc? Was it over coffee...or, better, the high octane/cetane stuff- toddy?? Ha ha. Pics please.

I've heard of OZ Racing. Good wheels. Very hot.

Not much into racing so I'll give that a pass. How far is DD Hills?

Lots of new Fabias in Bangalore too. I see a black one and a white often in Koramangala en route to work. try to smile a recognition at them but am usually glared at- guess they work some rough jobs .

About having the Dealers drive new members to the Fabiosi Lodge of team-BHP- might work, but they'll scuttle it as soon as they realise it's where we exchange notes to tighten the screws on them!

My story: I saw and rode a Yamaha R1 yesterday. A beast in Jet Black and ominous as dark clouds, she revved likea Banshee. It's rather expensive and a bit untidy, but if I settle for it, I figure I'll have more Yam escapades than Fabia to recount.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 10:24   #1269
BHPian
 
Mysticeyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 369
Thanked: 347 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
'Morning Fabiosi! I hope you guys had a supreme weekend. TVM- did the Fabiosi Lodge of God's Own Country get to meet and exchange stories/snap some photographs etc? Was it over coffee...or, better, the high octane/cetane stuff- toddy?? Ha ha. Pics please.
Dear Netchef, the planning is still on for the meeting at TVM. let the numbers add up. As for Ms. Daisy, there are couple of Mrs. Daisies going around in fabia, particularly the NRI's who have settled back in town. Our cute fabia seems to be hit among them and before booking my fabia, i had interacted (or interviewed) on such elderly lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
My story: I saw and rode a Yamaha R1 yesterday. A beast in Jet Black and ominous as dark clouds, she revved likea Banshee. It's rather expensive and a bit untidy, but if I settle for it, I figure I'll have more Yam escapades than Fabia to recount.
Great news NC, Yamaha rules. It must be burning a deep hole in your pocket, but its worth it, right? As you mentioned, Yam escapades could be more than fabia, because its very addictive once you tame the hidden beast. I can vouch for it with my experience from the 14 year old RX 100. Of late, a small thought seems to be going through my mind to go for R15 (R1 is toooo much for my li'l purse). Guide me, oh General, but in another thread.
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 11:01   #1270
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Seems like I have missed a lot of action here, back from my tour i suppose there is lot to catch up.

NETCHEF: Good to see you guys having fun at that meet. Great pictures. Loved the RED and the WHITE fabi, looks stunning, feels like just got it delivered. I wonder how many fabiosis here in M'bai. Great going.

MYSTICEYES: Way to buddy another meet being arranged. So how many from TVM so far?

I guess for Mumbai meet it's gonna be just Me and my Fabi greeting eachother.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 11:27   #1271
Senior - BHPian
 
anekho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 1,995
Thanked: 659 Times
Default

Fabia owners, a quick question if I may!

Considering Fabias are a relatively rare sight, do you guys get a lot of attention in traffic?

cheers
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 13:25   #1272
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 33
Thanked: Once
Default Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post

I'm trying to reach Rakesh through mail. How about next weekend?
You mean 4/5 April? if yes, fine with me, timings please and have you tracked down Rakesh?
shykrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 13:45   #1273
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Sorry for being Off Topic about the Yamaha R1 in my previous post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
Dear Netchef, the planning is still on for the meeting at TVM. Great news NC, Yamaha rules. It must be burning a deep hole in your pocket...
Mysticeyes: Yeah, let the numbers add up- the more the merrier. The occasional Ms Daisy will bring that element of oomph and insouciance. Lovely.

Sir, Monsieurs Yamaha way too pricey for my pecuniary condition, but I shall keep you posted outside of the Fabia story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
I wonder how many fabiosis here in M'bai. Great going.

I guess for Mumbai meet it's gonna be just Me and my Fabi greeting eachother.
Invinsible: We did have a nice time, Sir- more than nice, and I hope we can do it again soon. Meanwhile there's talk of doing a short 50-60 km drive. Why are you on your ownsome in Bombay? Surely there are Fabias there by the bucket-full. You must connect with them. Maybe you could print out a 2 line message on a visiting card sized paper and leave it on their windshields/hand it out at traffic lights when you next spy a Fabia. Good hook will be our story on team-bhp. The lure of getting published is always strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Considering Fabias are a relatively rare sight, do you guys get a lot of attention in traffic?
anekho: Not so rare in Bangalore these days. You are in Chennai/Gothenberg, Sir? I see them in Black with increasing frequency, and the silver and white. The T orange is relatively rare, as in fact the 'met blue' that mine comes in, too.

Last edited by netchef : 30th March 2009 at 13:47. Reason: OT
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 16:08   #1274
BHPian
 
crackingride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 267
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post

About having the Dealers drive new members to the Fabiosi Lodge of team-BHP- might work, but they'll scuttle it as soon as they realise it's where we exchange notes to tighten the screws on them!
Going by the strong sentiment being stirred up elsewhere on the forum while the Fabiosi coast serenely along, you might be right in that line of thinking.
(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-users-32.html (Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!))
crackingride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 16:27   #1275
Senior - BHPian
 
k_ajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,164
Thanked: 464 Times
Smile Catching up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
How about DD hills(Devarayanadurga hills) The weather should be fine but might get hotter in the later part of the day as it is a hill station. I am fine with Nandi hills either.

Just a passing thought! how about racing??? do we have any racing tracks in Bangalore for private use.
Mr. VKJ: you trying to burn all our clutchplates?? Don't ye like cruising slow with that sun-roof down and out? Racing? Yikes! Naaaaw..

I am not aware of Nandi hills or DD hills. But I prefer the one that's [possibly] greener and closer [forgetting recession?].

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
That sounds scarry. I would rather prefer karting.
Nandi Hills would be fine.
I don't prefer Karting. Sorry. I don't manage to fit in decently into any of the karts I've tried so far.. Prefer long distance road-cruise please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
How come, TBHP still got only 3 TVM fabiosis??? May be we should ask the dealer to mention the TBHP site to other fabia owners. I had mentioned it to the sales guy couple of times, but it seems to've no effect.
Lol, maybe potential owners who were considering a Fabia got turned out after reading Harishv's ordeal.

Dealer digging his own grave?? lol, doubt it would happen..

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Not much into racing so I'll give that a pass. How far is DD Hills?
Ditto.. With 85 bhp on car, what racing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Lots of new Fabias in Bangalore too. I see a black one and a white often in Koramangala en route to work. try to smile a recognition at them but am usually glared at- guess they work some rough jobs .
I saw a shining new black fabia on Airport Road, closer to Marathahalli junction on this saturday that passed. Tried to make eye contact with the driver but I think he was dead focussed on the road; good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
My story: I saw and rode a Yamaha R1 yesterday. A beast in Jet Black and ominous as dark clouds, she revved likea Banshee. It's rather expensive and a bit untidy, but if I settle for it, I figure I'll have more Yam escapades than Fabia to recount.
Vroom Vroom!!! Someone's sneaking back to superbike days.. Expensive, the R1 is, sir, but a fine machine is what you get, which you already know.

I'm eager to see you pick up a superbike.. And I'm ready with a nice helmet. See, you're going to need a pillion company and I can fit in, until you get one of the fairer sex, mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Fabia owners, a quick question if I may!
Considering Fabias are a relatively rare sight, do you guys get a lot of attention in traffic?
cheers
Not really all that much. Since it's a hatchback very similar looking [externally] to a swift, only a few manage to notice the difference. I've only had one gent on a two-wheeler do a '20 questions' with me about the Fabia, on Richmond road, not too long ago..

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Invinsible: Surely there are Fabias there by the bucket-full. You must connect with them. Maybe you could print out a 2 line message on a visiting card sized paper and leave it on their windshields/hand it out at traffic lights when you next spy a Fabia.
I agree. There must be loads of Fabias in mumbai land.

Good idea, sir netchef..
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 lakhs to repair Skoda Fabia engine. EDIT: Owner sells Fabia as scrap! zombiedriver Technical Stuff 234 27th July 2016 16:32
Diesel Hatch - Considering the New Skoda Fabia Diesel 1.2 TDI kunaalsaigal Hatchbacks 34 1st June 2011 18:31
Artist Impressions: 2014 Skoda Fabia and 2014 Skoda Laura karanraheja The International Automotive Scene 11 14th February 2011 19:43
Pathetic service from Skoda and Fabia woes. EDIT : Got FULL refund from Skoda Gaurav Mathur Indian Car Dealerships 80 11th August 2010 01:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:19.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks