Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:06   #1321
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 769
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

Dear Fabiosis:

To alleviate dealer worries - since you are a big number (in BLR atleast) why not track down a good service center not affiliated with Skoda? You can arrange a deal with him to take care of your servicing needs at a reasonable price and promise a certain number of Fabiosis in return.

The other Skoda thread I was reading, a BHPIan mentioned he gave his VRs to an independent service center in Mumbai and he never had any problems.

Maybe you folks are already considering it (haven't been reading all posts)

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 3rd April 2009 at 12:08.
diffsoft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:27   #1322
Senior - BHPian
 
k_ajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,164
Thanked: 464 Times
Post !@#$%^&*()

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Dear Fabiosis:

To alleviate dealer worries - since you are a big number (in BLR atleast) why not track down a good service center not affiliated with Skoda? You can arrange a deal with him to take care of your servicing needs at a reasonable price and promise a certain number of Fabiosis in return.

The other Skoda thread I was reading, a BHPIan mentioned he gave his VRs to an independent service center in Mumbai and he never had any problems.

Maybe you folks are already considering it (haven't been reading all posts)

Cheers,
Hi diffsoft. That's a good idea, but I doubt we have collective thought of that yet, atleast us Fabiosi in Bangalore. As for myself, I've gotten a 3 years 50k kms Preventive Maintenance service package, that takes care of all 'regular service and checkup' costs, consumables and labour included. This was a major factor that helped me zero down on the Fabia. I plan to stick to this scheme for atleast 3 years. Beyond that, I'd certainly have to team up with the rest of the good men, if we're able to find one such trusty and reliable independent garage capable of handling SKoda cars.

Good suggestion, nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
Finally ! some respite from work ! and im back on the road again (more like off the road) Had a good day off on thursday, driving to a place frequented earlier, to fly in this season (Gliding) the car performed as usual, like a Rally Champion, taking every turn up the 30-45 degree slope like the bite of an angry tiger, we did scare a few barking deer, which was sad, the passengers were a bit more scared than them, but when they realised i have done this with a Safari, Wagon R and Opel Astra before they were comfortable. All in all great fun, superb views, and a great car to drive. Enjoy the pictures.

Sorry for not being around the last 3 months or so, have been very busy, am trying to log in more often now..
Mr. Pranav, welcome back and great to see you and your pics again. You've continuously managed to take your Fab up to places we've only still been wanting to.

You're of course pardoned for not being between these pages for long, courtest the beautiful snaps you've shared. Keep them coming, it's exciting to see.

Bangy Fab Lodge boys [gents mostly]: This is the kind of place we should aspire to take our Fabs up to.. Shouldn't we?? Let's plan sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
after hearing that i started wondering if automobile engineering is that simple now, i guess if i say that my AC is bit down on cooling, the SC guys would put some ice cubes to the duct. ahhhaaa..i've already learned the basics of auto engg
Ice cubes to the duct... oh mi god Good one Mysticeyes. And only hope that they don't ask us to visit every other day, for Top-Up... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
And how to gain technical knowledge? I would love to have some.
Ditto me to that question. I'm also keen to gain some gyan on the technical knowledge on cars. It's very important, like Invinsible said, to help ourselves, from being conned or taken for a ride [on our own car].

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
k_ajay: Light at end of tunnel= oncoming train?

Ha ha...you just have to be a Spike Milligan fan!
lol.. not really Sir, but good comedian of course. Have a sis-in-law who had made his reference several times and Dad also had enjoyed his 'Omar Khayam Show'[??] when he was in England.

Last edited by k_ajay : 3rd April 2009 at 16:28.
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 01:54   #1323
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

MADRASH:
Quote:
Invinsible: Even with the stock TDI, I'm addicted to the turbo rush. With all those mods your Fabia has, it should be very quick to touch 100 KMPH mark. Is it possible to post that figure for us? PLEASE check it in safe environment.
It indeed is 120 k/hr comes up in just no time. It sails smoothly all the way to 150 now than before. Torque has definately gone up. For the 1st time I saw my clutch slipping, thanks to the enormous torque. It's so addictive, from 80 to 120 in 5th gear comes up in jiffy and everytime it pulls you get pushed little into the seat. It's good to see all the cars disappear when I press half through the throttle. I suppose it does 100 in early 10 sec as it takes 3rd gear to reach there. I guess if done with perfection can get better.

MYSTICEYES:
Quote:
i guess if i say that my AC is bit down on cooling, the SC guys would put some ice cubes to the duct.
Or I wouldn't be surprised if they ask you to hang an ice bag just over the AC blowers

NAIKPRANAV:
Quote:
Sorry for not being around the last 3 months or so, have been very busy, am trying to log in more often now..
3rd April 2009 10:41
Good to see you back on track. As always another adventure trip for you. What is this place? It's good to see that inspite of busy schedule you manage to indulge your fabi to such b'ful places.

NETCHEF:
Quote:
Invinsible- an obvious Schumacher- is one of our very own R&D labs. Glad to have him on board.
Thanks for those kind words. But am quite far from being even close to Schumi.. just being modest But any trouble around am always there to resolve it to my best of knowledge.

K_AJAY:
Quote:
Ditto me to that question. I'm also keen to gain some gyan on the technical knowledge on cars. It's very important, like Invinsible said, to help ourselves, from being conned or taken for a ride [on our own car].
Well, that would require a lot of reading and most importantly to do that kill your boredom Here's one site that would give a lot of insight on VW cars and engines from everything one can think of, basic to advanced, as Skoda shares the same engine with VW. It's got all one would wanna know. If not I plan to start the coaching class for a crash course, raise your hands whoever wants to join
Mk4 how to index for pumpe duse TDI
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 16:29   #1324
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Need Help-Tire gets punctured frequently

hey guys, just noticed over the last month that my cars tire got punctured twice( two different tires). the car is rarely being used like once in two weeks and that too it runs less than 100KMS). how do i overcome this issue. is there any thing i should do with the air pressure as it is mostly parked. please give me your feedback.
FARDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 18:17   #1325
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai, Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 142
Thanked: Once
Default

This place is tower hill, at kamshet, we take off from here (paragliding) at this time of the year, the drive up is exhilirating, with any weak hearted people ending up with wet pants, however, I don't have too many friends like that, from the top you can see really long distances, upto mumbai and pune, and if you're late enough on the way down, you will be greeted by deer, peacocks, hare, and an occasional leopard, however, being late while coming down means lower visibility and better chances of getting stuck as the road is narrow and has steep inclines, it is one of my favourite places with a guarantee of no one coming up to surprise you (apart from the animals) its great to go up with your better half/girlfriend too, as it does impress to an extent and is free of the riffraff.

about badges: my front badge got stolen for the second time (the rear one didnt come off due to the araldite-has been mutilated) so i printed out another badge with a high quality printer on self-adhesive vinyl, the thieves have been after this too, with an average of two attacks a week on the paper badge and 4 attacks a week on the rear original part. I am fed up of this behaviour.

nothing new to report, the car is otherwise shipshape and is closing in on 20000km now, thinking of a birthday party drive for the car, at the end of the month. why don't mumbai fabiosi also plan a meet like bangy ? how many of us here ?
naikpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 19:40   #1326
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

NAIKPRANAV:
Great place no doubt, sounds really exciting. Road direction to the place would be great as to how to get there.

My badge was stolen after which I looked around in great market. But found a person here in vashi who got me the badge for 250 though not original but the only difference is that it does not have the emboss effect on it like you can feel on the original. No other difference in it.

Ya let's have a bbay meet, am in. How many others from bbay.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 21:46   #1327
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai, Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 142
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
NAIKPRANAV:
Great place no doubt, sounds really exciting. Road direction to the place would be great as to how to get there.

My badge was stolen after which I looked around in great market. But found a person here in vashi who got me the badge for 250 though not original but the only difference is that it does not have the emboss effect on it like you can feel on the original. No other difference in it.

Ya let's have a bbay meet, am in. How many others from bbay.
Mumbai-Lonavla-16kms>Kamshet. At kamshet, take the only RIGHT turn off the highway where the divider is cut, a short drive along that road will lead you to a road that turns right uphill, a good part of the road is visible and you just know that this is the one that goes up, straight up the road, about 1.5 km is the place where ive parked. drive in 2nd and 3rd for the first 300m keeping the speed about 80km/hr, the next 500m are steeper and very curvy, keep pace and its easy to get up the hill.

didnt the other badge get stolen again ?

I can suggest a destination for the meet if everyone's upto a good drive !
naikpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 09:20   #1328
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
It sails smoothly all the way to 150 now than before. Torque has definately gone up. For the 1st time I saw my clutch slipping, thanks to the enormous torque.
NETCHEF:
Thanks for those kind words. But am quite far from being even close to Schumi.. just being modest But any trouble around am always there to resolve it to my best of knowledge.

Mk4 how to index for pumpe duse TDI
Invinsible: Your car generates so much torque the clutch is slipping? That is some gain. Must be a real blast to drive. Addictive? I bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARDAN View Post
hey guys, just noticed over the last month that my cars tire got punctured twice( two different tires). the car is rarely being used like once in two weeks and that too it runs less than 100KMS). how do i overcome this issue. is there any thing i should do with the air pressure as it is mostly parked. please give me your feedback.
FARDAN: Strange one. I can't fathom it. You guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
This place is tower hill, at kamshet, we take off from here (paragliding) at this time of the year, the drive up is exhilirating,

nothing new to report, the car is otherwise shipshape and is closing in on 20000km now, thinking of a birthday party drive for the car, at the end of the month. why don't mumbai fabiosi also plan a meet like bangy ? how many of us here ?
naikpranav: You always find interesting and off-the-beaten-track places. The makings of a true pioneer, I'd say.

Sorry to hear about your badges being lost to hackers and vandals.

20,000 LEAGUES!
Truly an achievement. You must celebrate. It's after all the first Fabia in India (in all likelihood) to reach that figure. If there's champagne, have one on me. Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
NAIKPRANAV:
Great place no doubt, sounds really exciting. Road direction to the place would be great as to how to get there.

My badge was stolen after which I looked around in great market. But found a person here in vashi who got me the badge for 250 though not original but the only difference is that it does not have the emboss effect on it like you can feel on the original. No other difference in it.

Ya let's have a bbay meet, am in. How many others from bbay.
Invinsible: There was this famous 'chor bazaar' kind of market in Bombay years ago- and many jokes about it. Is it still in existence?

YES YES YES. Do have a Bombay meet. You get to meet great people over a Fabia! Khamset sounds 'tops'.


Guys
Any update on the A/C camp in Bangalore? I know Ajay and Robin were planning to drive up (for a gas ) on Saturday- I've yet to phone them (Skoda) for an appointment. Strange thing is I've been getting these SMSes to the effect that a new Skoda showroom has opened on Hosur Road with all cars displayed...call TAFE for details. Has anyone else got this message?


TRIVANDRUM:

Did you guys meet? How is it hanging?
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 11:08   #1329
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

@netchef: Vintage! Here is one that I snapped in Mumbai http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...eys-india.html (Pics : Rolls Royces & Bentleys in India) I wanted to have a front angle too, but the the car had ladies as occupants so I decided otherwise.
Regarding Bosch service centres, there are a couple of threads about it in team-bhp.
Ajay and I did the A/C camp duty on Saturday. We too have received SMSes about the new showroom. We wanted to check it out after our A/C camp, but the service advisor ate our time by losing my job card.


@naikpranav: Nice pics, nice place too.

@Invinsible: Salute.

I am going on a 5 day trip to Kodiakanal - Munnar tommorrow. Will post the pics of the blue mountain.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 11:27   #1330
BHPian
 
Mysticeyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 369
Thanked: 347 Times
Arrow

The TVM meeting is yet to take place. Rakesh went out of touch all of a sudden and enfforts are on to tug him back. SO we thought to postpone the meet till we gather more guys. Took my car for the checkup on saturday and as Shykrish mentioned to me earlier, the whole thing was mere joke. They got some 51 items in the checklist and most are visual inspection.

By the way, someone had mentioned about Bosch service centres. I met a guy here who is a TBHP member and he was inquiring if he could take up the Bosch service centre idea on a franchisee route. Guys, if you have more info on the same, please share it. Atleast we can have free services on his tab if he can open one.I've told him to dig up the matter directly with Bosch too. Meanwhile, I spotted one Bosch Electrical/ Electronics service unit in town yesterday evening .

AFter a long time, took my baby for a hghway drive yesterday. Being sunday, the road was relatively free and if my meory is right, I crossed the 100kmph for the first time in my car. The RPM was hovering around 2600-2800 mark and the punch after crossing the 2500 mark was really good. The car might not have a rocket engine under the hood, but it surely was asking for more pressure in the pedal, but restrained myself from crossing the 110kmph mark. There was a small cat & mouse game with one 'egoistic' swift (diesel) driver once i overtook him with much ease. He seemed pretty much determined to make me watch the swift's rear. But, something in fabia got better of it and resulted in the swift watching our skoda logo in rear for almost the entire trip Having said that, guys, I got into the boot of Hakkinen only because the road was wide and clear.Else I would've been crusing around 60-70 kmph mark. Always drive slow and safe.
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 12:51   #1331
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
The TVM meeting is yet to take place. Rakesh went out of touch all of a sudden and enfforts are on to tug him back. SO we thought to postpone the meet till we gather more guys. Took my car for the checkup on saturday and as Shykrish mentioned to me earlier, the whole thing was mere joke. They got some 51 items in the checklist and most are visual inspection.

By the way, someone had mentioned about Bosch service centres. I met a guy here who is a TBHP member and he was inquiring if he could take up the Bosch service centre idea on a franchisee route. Guys, if you have more info on the same, please share it. Atleast we can have free services on his tab if he can open one.I've told him to dig up the matter directly with Bosch too. Meanwhile, I spotted one Bosch Electrical/ Electronics service unit in town yesterday evening .

AFter a long time, took my baby for a hghway drive yesterday. Being sunday, the road was relatively free and if my meory is right, I crossed the 100kmph for the first time in my car. The RPM was hovering around 2600-2800 mark and the punch after crossing the 2500 mark was really good. The car might not have a rocket engine under the hood, but it surely was asking for more pressure in the pedal, but restrained myself from crossing the 110kmph mark. There was a small cat & mouse game with one 'egoistic' swift (diesel) driver once i overtook him with much ease. He seemed pretty much determined to make me watch the swift's rear. But, something in fabia got better of it and resulted in the swift watching our skoda logo in rear for almost the entire trip Having said that, guys, I got into the boot of Hakkinen only because the road was wide and clear.Else I would've been crusing around 60-70 kmph mark. Always drive slow and safe.
I have done a lot of highway driving. Mostly on the 4 laned GC. Almost every Swift guy wants to go past the Fabia. I usually don't race with them for two reasons. Either the roads are patchy and so nurse the car carefully or I am driving with FE in mind so stick to 90-110 mark.

But once I was on Pune - Mumbai expressway and was determined to test the limit of my car. The car had already run-in by then. I was well past 140 and overtook every car. I remember a white Swift suddenly wake up when I overtook him. But it was my day. I floored the throttle, the speedometer was in between 155- 160. I could see the the Swift in my rear view mirror, struggling to keep up. I let him satisfy his ego once we touched the ghat section. Flat six lanes converged to winding 4 lanes. I decided to slow down and let him pass.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 18:13   #1332
Senior - BHPian
 
k_ajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,164
Thanked: 464 Times
Post Car post Summer camp

Hello all Fabiosi,

Hope you're all doing well.

I'd been over to TAFE service center on Saturday morning along with Robin for the summer camp check-up. We reached too early [by almost an hour] and to sump up, the summer camp check-up went fine.

There was however, severe delay [of almost an hour and a half] since Robin's jobcard went missing and the folks searched all of TAFE sc [and even next door TATA sc, lol] to find it, but in vain.

Finally, with the intervention of an elderly gentleman @ TAFE, he pushed the silly blokes there to raise another job card, close it and hand over the docs to Robin so we can leave [all this drama happened when the car was already ready post check-up.

I'm not sure if car wash and interior plastic shine was a part of the check-list, but we got that done complimentary, for both our cars [and a good job at that, not just a name sake one]

I've taken snaps of the check-list, but unfortunately [and for the first time], I forgot my phone back at home, and can post the snaps only tomorrow noon, when I get to work.

Cooling seems to be fine and I don't find any huge difference post the check-up camp. I felt the a/c effectiveness to fluctuate a bit at times, but post the check-up, it seems to be working fine on all blower speeds. I think airflow is a little better since they cleaned all the filters that has to do with the a/c functionality.

Apart from the above, I also got the 'speed limited governed door lock activation' functionality activated by one of the mechs there. Also had requested for seat belt buckle adjust as the position it was in, was a bit inconvinient for quick operation [I think the buckle position got changed when they were installing the stanley leathers].

The car now runs great and is doing fine, as always. I will post check-list pics tomorrow for sure.

@ Netchef: I did get the sms too, and so did Robin. We were wanting to check the newest Super TSFi, but we almost left from the sc only at about 1.00pm-1.15pm, so we chucked the idea and drove home.

Cheers... aK

Last edited by k_ajay : 6th April 2009 at 18:24. Reason: Adding response to netchef.
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 19:37   #1333
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Reading your tales, I often wonder, what if the Fabia came with a proper engine and proper dealerships. It would be the ultimate hatchback for me - a poor man's Mini Cooper.

I was invited by the TVM Mafi...err...Fabiosi for the meet, but it has been postponed, as Sree-not-chettan has mentioned above.
ImmortalZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 20:19   #1334
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
@netchef: Vintage! Here is one that I snapped in Mumbai http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...eys-india.html (Pics : Rolls Royces & Bentleys in India) I wanted to have a front angle too, but the the car had ladies as occupants so I decided otherwise.

I am going on a 5 day trip to Kodiakanal - Munnar tommorrow. Will post the pics of the blue mountain.
fi.robin: I love the Roller and the Bentley. Gorgeous machines. No match for a Fabia, though...POOR CHAPS!!

Kodaikanal-Munnar: I've been to the former many ages ago, but Munnar is but a vicarious image. Have fun and drive safe.
Pics would be lovely.

[quote=Mysticeyes;1247794]The TVM meeting is yet to take place. Rakesh went out of touch all of a sudden and enfforts are on to tug him back.
...fabia got better of it and resulted in the swift watching our skoda logo in rear for almost the entire trip quote]

Mysticeyes: Round up the Troops, Sir. TVM Fabiosi Lodge needs to get on the event map.
And playing cat and mouse with the Swifts, well, show them a thing or two. darned Rice Cookers (oops, hope none from that camp are reading this or they'll put a supari on yours truly).


Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Hello all Fabiosi,

@ Netchef: I did get the sms too, and so did Robin. We were wanting to check the newest Super TSFi, but we almost left from the sc only at about 1.00pm-1.15pm, so we chucked the idea and drove home.

Cheers... aK
k_ajay: Oh, good it went well and thanks for the tips. Now I know to guard my Job Card like it's the Family jewels...and remember to Keep my Cool!

BTW what is Super TFSi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Reading your tales, I often wonder, what if the Fabia came with a proper engine and proper dealerships. It would be the ultimate hatchback for me - a poor man's Mini Cooper.

I was invited by the TVM Mafi...err...Fabiosi for the meet, but it has been postponed, as Sree-not-chettan has mentioned above.
ImmortalZ: Heard of the Mini Cooper with Yamaha R1 engine? It beat a Porsche 956 ? record round a circuit in Germany by 20 (TWENTY) seconds!
And if and when these records are eclipsed, it's usually by a half second or a couple of seconds max. Imagine that.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 11:00   #1335
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default 25,000Kms & Still Counting..

Completed 25,000kms yesterday. All I can say it's a fast hatchback I have experienced of all and it's diesel. She has been doing really well, with suspension serviced, A/c almost as new thanks to the blower fitment with complete new AC gas charge, All interior noise fixed, Engine running silky smooth. Have sat in many cars that have done even less than what I have driven, and some of them already have lot of interior noise and some with rattles compared to the her. She still rides smooth and even smoother after the suspension was lubricated again during 2nd serivce.
I had few interior noise coming from the dashboard which was nothing but the blower noise, which was fixed under warranty. There was also rattling noise coming from the center console. Which all was fixed under warranty.
After redoing the Intake system, she feels completely different. The engine response is much, much better. Timed it today and 0-100 comes up within 10 Sec. Somewhere around 9.5 sec or so. There is barely any turbo lag and it almost feels like driving a turbocharged petrol car. There has also been increase in mileage getting around 17+ kms per liter which is almost city driving with some part of highway drive. On a complete highway drive the needle was hovering at 3 to 3.2L/100kms on the info display cruising at the speed of 90-100kms, that's a real good drop from 3.8 to 4.2L/100kms. Managed to get an avg of 24-25 L/km. Last night was passing through the palm beach road, New Bombay and stormed the car to 190. Yes that's 190 and never thought a FABIA diesel with a 3 CYLINDER with just 1.4L engine would ever be able to do that. Could have managed to get more out of it if the needle was not touching its rev limit.

It still feels as though it has done 2500kms. Feels light and nimble.
In the end it is one fabi which is now more fun to drive in City.

NETCHEF:
Quote:
Invinsible: Your car generates so much torque the clutch is slipping? That is some gain. Must be a real blast to drive. Addictive? I bet.
You bet! It is way too Addictive. As soon you cross the 1500 rpm the car is ready to shoot. Under fool throttle the front suspension lifts up by an inch or so all thanks to the Torque.
Yesterday, Went to the Skoda dealer here as the rear right brake light was not working, as the bulb had conked (this is very common with all the skodas). So was talking to my friendly Sr.Advisor, told him about the intake system I did ( just to check his reaction) and was surprised I din't get to here the usual which am sure I would have heard from any other dealer, "Sir, Your warranty will get cancelled coz of this". Infact the response from this guy was very positive, and he was very reluctant to take her for a spin. So after I got the brake light bulb changed it was time for a quick spin. He cranked the engine, put his seatbelt on, and first reaction the Idling is much more smoother, less engine noise and as I smiled back on him he knew he is in for something. Starts moving the car, 1st gear and then 2nd gear and slowly takes it to 2000rpm holds it there for couple of seconds and presses half a throttle and she roars and lunges ahead and I get to see his face, shifts to 3rd gear and gets same feeling as in 2nd gear and smiling back all he has to say is "Sir, there is a 100% more improvement than the standard Fabia diesel. This car feels more lively to drive, feels more powerful than the laura. Feel no turbo lag, the car just shoots Sir. Mindblowing Sir! I don't feel I am in a diesel fabia feels more like an octavia RS." . After which we take a turn and head back to the workshop. After getting down tells me he wants to fit this Intake kit in his car and I said to him, "Sure you can give me a call when you want it and will arrange for you".

NETCHEF:
Quote:
Invinsible: There was this famous 'chor bazaar' kind of market in Bombay years ago- and many jokes about it. Is it still in existence?
Yes it still does, However the Badge I got is all knew but doesn't look fake at all. Will post the pics on that.

Quote:
NAIKPRANAV:20,000 LEAGUES!
Truly an achievement. You must celebrate. It's after all the first Fabia in India (in all likelihood) to reach that figure. If there's champagne, have one on me.
Let's share that Champagne together. Cheers!

NAIKPRANAV: Thanks for the details on the place, will surely check it out.

MYSTICEYES: Good to see you letting her roar on the highway with all the cats chasing you. The best part of her is she goes dead straight at any given speed ( that's what I love the most ) compared to other hatchbacks which gets shaken even when another car passes by.

K_AJAY:
Quote:
I also got the 'speed limited governed door lock activation' functionality activated by one of the mechs there.
Great! also check if she also gets unlocked when you remove the key out. When i had got it activated it only worked with doors getting autolocked after the speed of 20km. But din't get unlocked when took the key off. Good to see that she's being pampered.

NETCHEF:
Quote:
k_ajay: Oh, good it went well and thanks for the tips. Now I know to guard my Job Card like it's the Family jewels...and remember to Keep my Cool!

BTW what is Super TFSi?
Wise words there, guess everyone here should be doing that.

I suppose he meant SUPERB TSI. That's one hell of a ride to have. Thinking of getting one in coming months.

CHeers!

Last edited by Invinsible : 7th April 2009 at 11:03.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 lakhs to repair Skoda Fabia engine. EDIT: Owner sells Fabia as scrap! zombiedriver Technical Stuff 234 27th July 2016 16:32
Diesel Hatch - Considering the New Skoda Fabia Diesel 1.2 TDI kunaalsaigal Hatchbacks 34 1st June 2011 18:31
Artist Impressions: 2014 Skoda Fabia and 2014 Skoda Laura karanraheja The International Automotive Scene 11 14th February 2011 19:43
Pathetic service from Skoda and Fabia woes. EDIT : Got FULL refund from Skoda Gaurav Mathur Indian Car Dealerships 80 11th August 2010 01:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks