Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th April 2009, 09:06   #1366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Hey Fabiosi,

Sorry I've not been able to get around here for a while... Have fun & be safe.... aK

k_ajay: Good to have you back.

BTW guys, yours truly missed the Free A/C service camp- but is that surprising? The bloody Service Centre is 300 metres away from my office and I don't make it? Need my head examined!

Friend of mine has bought the 1.8 petrol Superb and vouches for it wholeheartedly. Says its got stonking performance- for the pessimists that think 1.8 is mixer-power territory. His previous car was the Octavia, and in his opinion this one is leagues ahead in comfort, gizmos etc
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 10:24   #1367
BHPian

Default Found !! Ms Daisy

I have both good as well as bad news. Good news - today I got a chance to talk the mysterious Fabia owner from the building across mine and invited her to join team-bhp. Bad news - she did not seem too eager (yes, SHE).
I was with my wife, so I am sure we didn't send any wrong signals .
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 10:43   #1368
BHPian

Default Awaiting Long Drive Reports

'Hope all you guys had an excellent extended weekend. Waiting eagerly for Robin's and Mysticeye's pics reports etc. I was also in Munnar & Marayur during the weekend but we were in my friend's Xylo, though the trip was wornderful I guess this is not the right forum to elaborate on that.

Spotted a new Superb in Munnar and she's a real beauty, also for the entire trip (3 days and over 1000 kms) saw just a single Fabia (no it was not Robin's), in a way good as there will be a fair amount of exclusivity attached..
shykrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 11:52   #1369
BHPian

Default The Girl with the Pearl Earring...in a Fabia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
I have both good as well as bad news. Good news - today I got a chance to talk the mysterious Fabia owner from the building across mine and invited her to join team-bhp. Bad news - she did not seem too eager (yes, SHE).
I was with my wife, so I am sure we didn't send any wrong signals .

fi.robin: WOW. It's a SHE. She's a girl. The female of the species? You found her...to Hell with blogging, I've another key question-is she single?
I certainly hope this girl from Ipanema has not plighted her troth, walked down the aisle, done ring-a-ring-a round the fire.

Good sputnikking, Sir. Well done.
Old 16th April 2009, 08:37   #1370
BHPian

Default on the Xylo-phone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shykrish View Post
'Hope all you guys had an excellent extended weekend. .. saw just a single Fabia (no it was not Robin's), in a way good as there will be a fair amount of exclusivity attached..
shykrish: Hi. Completely missed that fact. Thought all along you were off to Munnar in your Fabia. I'm aware it's off topic, but how was the Xylo in terms of handling, comfort etc? Perhaps you could tell the story on a Xylo thread and furnish the link here (for some folks that will never be able to find it).

A colleague at work bought one recently and took us for a spin. I was extremely impressed with the power of the engine, and the A/C, but the ride was too truncated to really tell if the eyebrows were trimmed and the gizzard in top working order.

Oh Lord won't you buy me a Ferrari! (Always end with a prayer- is what I say.)
Old 16th April 2009, 10:47   #1371
Senior - BHPian

Looks like all bangalore boys have become busy to be seen here, found at alternate profession of hunting on this Ms.Daisy Wake up guys it's another hunting day.

Anyways, I got a bad news and a good news. bad news is I lost the badge again but this time not just the back one but the front one too.
Now I din't mind loosing the back one but not the front one man. That one is something I can't manage to get from grey market. The back one managed to get it yesterday. Picked up 3 for Rs.500. Looks exactly like the original one. Even the service advisor at the dealer couldn't make out any difference until he touched to find out that it doesn't have emboss effect. But who cares for that. But the front being bigger compared to the back one is not available in grey market yet. However the person I got it from assured me if he will get one for me. Just hope he doesn't flick it from one car and sells it to me.

I also noticed few skoda's here that they have started using a laminated badge made of aluminium or something, more like a sticker but of better quality which sells for Rs.150. Now I know the badge would get robbed again and again and again. But, will this aluminium sticker get robbed? I doubt it would. Anyways, for now I have got spare badge with me at the price of this sticker. But I guess if i do not get for the front I would rather get this sticker or watever it is made of the front size and have it. This is really geting on my nerve and am sure on everyone's.
The best thing to stop this I feel is the manufacture should make this badge of metal and bolt on to the body.

Now for the good news, is the mileage return. Before I got the intake system done i was getting mileage of around 16 or so. But after getting it done I have been getting around 18 or so now. On the highway regularly getting close to 22 or so at cruising 100kms. Now I knew it would make a difference but din't know it would make such a vast difference. I guess even the decat has made the difference here with less back pressure turbo spools up faster now. However my driving style has becoming more spirited than before. Obvious reason just love all that rush that comes out everytime with just half trottle. the turbo kick, being pushed in the seat, regularly seeing 120-140, it's just too addictive. Lots of torque and mileage that could only happen with new generation diesels.

Last edited by Invinsible : 16th April 2009 at 10:50.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 11:39   #1372
BHPian

Default de Hex required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Looks like all bangalore boys have become busy to be seen here, found at alternate profession of hunting on this Ms.Daisy ...
just too addictive. Lots of torque and mileage that could only happen with new generation diesels.

Invinsible: This Bangalore boy is very much here, Sir. Pity about your badge (again). Is some Vaastu, lime-and-chilli thing called for? I would have pulled out my hair in despair by now- fortunately you are made of sterner stuff.

Let not the meretricious affect you.

Your good news is fantastic. More power as well as reduced fuel consumption- it's right out of a Utopian Handbook.

Take care, mate.
Old 16th April 2009, 11:51   #1373
VKJ
BHPian

Default netchef need help!

netchef

you have a pm...
VKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 11:59   #1374
BHPian

@netchef - sorry unable to contain myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
I would have pulled out my hair in despair by now-
Can you, really?

P.S. Hope you take it in a lighter vein.

Last edited by MuraliR : 16th April 2009 at 12:06.
MuraliR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 12:27   #1375
Senior - BHPian

NETCHEF:
Quote:
Is some Vaastu, lime-and-chilli thing called for?
Well have been making use of that Vaastu, lime and chilli, right since the day 1 but doesn't look like it seem to bless in conditions like bbay..
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 12:45   #1376
BHPian

Talking of rains, backwaters, more rains, even more rains, fever and some confirmed daisies

one week break from the thread and it seems shome young guysh are shtill beating around the bush for daishies. grow up kiddies..

I hope the mods won't kick me out for being slightly off topic. day 1 (Friday-10th april), we rode in our cutie fabia to a backwater resort about 70 Kms from trivandrum. The sky had opened up pretty early in the morning and we still decided to carry on in the rain. It was a wonderful drive to the resort in rain and by the time we checked in at 12 pm, the rain abetted a bit and we thought, it was going to be sunny. but 1 hour after lunch, the rain was back with some furious intention and it lashed out like hell. Sighh..the camera could work only for the 1 hour between check-in and lunch. but clicked more than 150 pics. And thereafter, it was rain all the way with no letup and we spend the time in the sitout listening to the music of rain and wind swaying over plams and the vast backwater. There was nothing much to do and spend the evening and night in front of the TV. By early morning, our li'l angel developed high fever and we decided to checkout by 10 am (saturday, 11th apr). During the onward and retrn trip, the needle was hovering around 60-70kmph cruise in rain.

It was still raining without a break. Reached home by 11.30 with my hands and mind still itching to take fabia for a long drive. But better sense prevailed and got contented with the feeling that there was a mountain trip coming on 13th apr (monday). but, fever struck me on saturday evening and got bed ridden till tuesday and there went the mountain dreams and along with that, a photo shoot for my car up the hills in rain

meanwhile, its really frustrating as some insanes rip off the logo. read in an auto mag recently that the grey market guys are behind this. Tango calling charlies, tango calling charlies, fabiosis look out for two C.Red fabias. confirmed that they are being driven by stylish suspects, i repeat "sthylishh sushpects". if bangalore has one, we got three now. Seems robin too got caught in rain during his trip to munnar.
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 14:27   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
@netchef - sorry unable to contain myself.

Can you, really?

P.S. Hope you take it in a lighter vein.
MuraliR: Ha ha. Forgot that little fact in my hurry to use a figure of speech (hairy one at that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
NETCHEF:

Well have been making use of that Vaastu, lime and chilli, right since the day 1 but doesn't look like it seem to bless in conditions like bbay..
Invinsible: In that case, ditch the chilli and lime IMMEDIATELY.
Any may I suggest instead a Gin an tonic with a squeeze of lime...shift on the fly

[quote=Mysticeyes;1262822]one week break from the thread and it seems shome young guysh are shtill beating around the bush for daishies. grow up kiddies..

I hope the mods won't quote]

Mysticeyes: LOL. Pity about your wet trip...and Fevers. Better luck next time. Do post your pics though, please.

Any update on TVM Fabiosi Lodge meet? Offer them grilled chicken, gratis, if that's any help. Take care, Sir.
Old 16th April 2009, 18:11   #1378
VKJ
BHPian

Default Rare or Common!

Guys, I have been facing this issue since one month. One of my fabia rear tyre loses air quickly over time compared to the rest of the tyres, initially I thought it to be a sore or punctured tube, but turned out nothing of that sort. Has anyone here facing the same? these are original company fitted matador brand.

@netchef: Sir, your services need to be pressed upon soon, waiting for your inputs...please...
VKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 19:43   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
Guys, I have been facing this issue since one month. One of my fabia rear tyre ...

VKJ: Those are tubeless tyres, Sir. Slow puncture?
Services: sure. Just didn't get a chance to check my email today but should be able to do it tomorrow. Sorry if that throws your plans.
Old 16th April 2009, 20:17   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
Guys, I have been facing this issue since one month. One of my fabia rear tyre loses air quickly over time compared to the rest of the tyres, initially I thought it to be a sore or punctured tube, but turned out nothing of that sort. Has anyone here facing the same? these are original company fitted matador brand.
Please check if the valve is weak.
MuraliR is offline   Reply With Quote