Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st April 2009, 08:55   #1411
BHPian

Default Polishing, brandishing...and the film guys from Pixel-world

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
@@netchef/Mysticeyes: Any time! please count me in for the serene south sojourn sire!!!
VKJ: Sure thing Sir. If we meander down Route 66 (or whatever) to see the recalcitrant TVM folks, you're the Guest of Honour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Wow. Ahem!! There is no dearth of motivation for us here, VKJ.. Ak calling Netchef.. Ak calling Netchef... There seems to be an escalation here to a Manager, sire.

LOL Netchef.. Must be the latter.... *wink wink*
k_ajay: Manager? More like Night Watchman (or Dandawalla in some circles).

I guess the Ambipur or whatever car perfumeone chooses- well, it's purely subjective. Roses might make the other guy blanch or vice versa.

I still love my camphor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
No issues from the car as its nearing 5000 Km mark. Might touch that figure by next week (8 months).

I think we got fair number of "Yeah Sayers" for the trip down here. Shall we get into some serious planning? Shykrish, get back into the thread at the double, General NC is polishing his shotgun
Mysticeyes: Sir, my diesel did 6800 Kms in the first year. This year will probably see more mileage as I drive a decent 14-15 kms one way out to work. If I make it home at the end of the shift at the salt mine, that totals 28-30kms per day. Heavy metal, eh?

Yeah, where the Dickens is Shykrish? And Rakesh_Raja. And a heap of other Fabiosi? Come out. I know you're there!

Quote:
I'm also game for a rendezvous with our ad wordman RG and fishman VKJ on the coming weekend [saturday or sunday]. We need to fix on the location [which I'm thinking would have to be closed to VKJ's house, on the promise we made the last time]
Netchef & VKJ: Whatsay guys? Game to meet this weekend? Please add in if you are able to meet AND also suggest location and time.
k_ajay: Wordsmith/netchef/Jeeves/RG is willing to meet this Sunday a'noon-AND bring all his aliases along- as he is digging this Sat at the same salt mine mentioned above. Not even Iodised, at that!

Yes, we defer to VKJ's choice of venue and victuals this time. Last time we took him for a ride :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
I have nothing planned for this weekend. So will be able to take out free time this weekend. If it is the meet then we let VKJ decide the venue, to be fair .
fi.robin: Quite a democracy this Kracy Klub of Kinky Fabiosi has turned out, eh? Great!

Lots like the Coo Clucks Clang

Quote:
Ok. I doubt RG and VKJ will be as interested to visit the new showroom [and RG has already visited as VIP]. aK
k_ajay: VIP? Hardly. More PR guinea-pig. But I digress- AND exaggerate. Their hospitality was first class. I even got a going away present of a cutely-wrapped Parker pen.

[quote=Invinsible;1269339]quote]

Invinsible: ON TOPIC! What of a BBY Fabiosi meet? Any traction?

OFF TOPIC: Guys- any leads on the Merc I'd posted? It's a good car- if I had the dosh and a few greenbacks, I'd have plonked them down for the Silver CLK. Please let me know if you hear a whimper or cooing.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 10:48   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
I pray for you not to become their next victim.
Thank you gents for the comments. I'm planning to drop the car on Friday morning and if possible collect it on the same day. If not possible, next day I will go there wait and collect it.

The Summer check is on till 25th of April in Chennai. So will do that also.
MadRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 11:13   #1413
BHPian

Lightbulb

Quote:
Oh BTW you seem to have a lucky number there! KL 21 A __21__[strong believer in numerology]?
5556, just added upto 21 (3), thats all buddy. I'm not at all a strong believer in numerology. its just that parents told me to get odd numbers for vehicles. but numberwise, i prefer '7'. i don't know the exact reason behind the special liking for '7'. all the vehicles I used to have had 7 in it. and i prefer all my numbers (whether telephone or vehicle) to've the same numbers (eg: 3333 or 7777) or a combination of just 2 numbers (eg: 1177, 7887). i would've loved to keep 7777 for fabia, but for that I should have been running my car on temp. reg. after the delivery and it would've taken more than 3 months to reach the 7777 mark (the culprit being recession -the allotment of registartion numbers slowed down due the fall in number of vehicles registered). but I haven't noted any special benefits on the numerological side

Quote:
Touch wood first, Mystic.. lol.. good going and wish you many more happy and worryfree miles.

That's great, partner. Canon is a greay buy amongst DSLRs but I read forums where Nikon shares the 1st rank with Canon, sometimes edging past or coming a close second. I'm sure Canons are A class, but you should also know you won't go wrong with either. My 2nd DSLR [whenever that purchase is done] will definitely be a Canon..

I hate it that I hardly find time to go to locations and capture some nice photos [add to the fact I hardly know of places in and around bangalore, to go by myself]. Reason why I've kept postponing my next DSLR purchase [add to that, recession and lower than low-budgets.. lol]

Let me know if you want any recommendations when you're purchasing, and I'll gladly pitch in..
thank you for the blessing OFF TOPIC-I used to've Canon S3 IS (some guys term Canon S3 IS, Canon S5 IS, Sony H-50 etc. as compact SLR due to the options similar to the DSLRs and the provision for attaching additional lenses) before i purchased my Sony H50 in 2008 September. My S3 had suffered multiple error (lens barrel error & lens error) and since the cam had only US/ Canada warranty, the repair charge here was quited over Rs. 20k. I was about to go for the true blood DSLR (Canon 1000D) as the replacement for my S3, but then, I felt like mastering more with the compact types and hence went on to buy Sony H-50. A brief history- I used to click with Nikon Coolpix 4200/ Nikon S9 before i upgraded to Canon S3 in June 2007. The Coolpix 4200 was used to click the Fabias pic in the farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
MYSTICEYES @ Great Pics out there and surely a great place to spend your weekend. You Fabee looks as if it got delivered yesterday. Wish if only one could maintain their fabee like that here in bbay with this chaotic traffic, one can never succeed even if one tries too.

All it says is, Man take her out more often, she begs to be driven more and more, best take the long way home.

3. OFF TOPIC: Just wanted to check if anyone here used or using Panasonic Fz28 digi cam? Any idea how good is it? Canon no doubt being the best. Already use one but heard great review about Panasonic.
Thanks again buddy. Shining, mark-free exteriors and neat interiors have always been a pride or 'point of self-appeasement' for me, be it cars or bikes. But the traffic here is also catching up and once it crosses the limit, you can only pray that some reckless L. Hamiltons won't rub you up. Panasonic FZ28 is generally said to've the best zoom in its segment.

@ NC-Its Route 47 that you've to take to reach the paddy fields beneath the hill station beside the palm fringed lakes, lying close to the beach :-)

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st April 2009 at 23:44. Reason: 2 smileys max please.
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 11:58   #1414
BHPian

Default Dylan-esque

Quote:

@ NC-Its Route 47 that you've to take to reach the paddy fields beneath the hill station beside the palm fringed lakes, lying close to the beach

Mysticeyes:

"...reach the paddy fields beneath the hill station beside the palm fringed lakes, lying close to the beach..."

Sir, you related to the poet/singer Bob Dylan by any chance?
Or does Monsieur Dylan drive a Fabia?
Old 21st April 2009, 13:01   #1415
VKJ
BHPian

Cool Baton is in my hand

@Netchef/fi.robin/k_ajay:
Sunday afternoon is perfect for me too! we can meet up at cool joint and warm up the inner recesses of the stomach with a spicy soup or rather cool off with crushing cane juice at cane-o-la and from there we can head to either sukh sagar for palatable paav bhaji or ganesh darshan for a mealy masala dosa. I promise you guys, the evening will be a pleasant one to conclude with my exotic collection of fishy pals.

@Invinsible: Me not that lucky to engage the service adviser busy with technical know-how.....even if i give it a sincere race to hang on, mine would fall back from 100-0 in 10-15 secs sire!

@Mysticeyes: Sir! We need to investigate/dig out more on this special odd balls '3' and '7', seems like you have too......oooo much attachement to them and even evident in the numbers you picked as examples [1177 that rounds up to 7 and 7887 that totals to 3]. Please throw us mooooore light on the significance here if not too personal please
VKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 14:27   #1416
BHPian

Default Girl-in-my-soup

Quote:
Sunday afternoon is perfect for me too! we can meet up at cool joint and warm up the inner recesses of the stomach with a spicy soup or rather cool off with crushing cane juice at cane-o-la

VKJ: Sir, I'm in. If you count the legs and divide by 2, I'll be there. Else, other formulae too should find me in this august Sabbath-Fabiosi group.

If TVM is being the reluctant debutante, perhaps we should invite certain Team-Leads/Head Honchos to join us here.
Unlike tyres, the Balder the Better!
Old 21st April 2009, 17:13   #1417
Senior - BHPian

Post Going Fishin??

Quote:
Definitely man go for it. Rajasthan is best only from DEC-JAN. Incase you ever plan one do let me know may be I can help you somewhere, that's my 2nd home and my source of income
Yes, sir. I'll decide on the place when the time comes [1st honeymoon just got done 2 months back], since there is lot of time left for 2nd honeymoon. I'll look up to you for any assistance whenever I plan to visit Rajasthan. Mighty lovely place though, I've been told and have witnessed through pictures and videos.

Quote:
OFF TOPIC: Just wanted to check if anyone here used or using Panasonic Fz28 digi cam? Any idea how good is it? Canon no doubt being the best. Already use one but heard great review about Panasonic.
I'm no expert but I do read about various cams to understand how they are better/worse than the market and segment leaders. The Lumix Fz28 is belongs to a segment called Prosumer SLRs or Baby SLRs and the Lumix is one amongst the best in the segment, with an arch rival in the Canon S5 IS. With the latest auto focus tracking function, the cam is great for taking any photos even when the object is moving, which makes the camera brilliant for action and fast photography. Additionally, the Leica lens is also Image Stabilized.. :-D

Buy it with your eyes closed :-) [from an authorized dealer, of course]

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
k_ajay: Manager? More like Night Watchman (or Dandawalla in some circles).
Ha ha.. I doubt VKJ would agree with that.. Manager makes more sense here. Hey, you never log in at nights.. How come you would then be a night watchman?? [logic, eh ;-) ]

Quote:
k_ajay: Wordsmith/netchef/Jeeves/RG is willing to meet this Sunday a'noon-AND bring all his aliases along- as he is digging this Sat at the same salt mine mentioned above. Not even Iodised, at that!

Yes, we defer to VKJ's choice of venue and victuals this time. Last time we took him for a ride :-)
Wonderful. Noon of Sunday is fine. Agree with VKJ choosing the venue, wherever it may be and sending us a route map, too
Quote:
Lots like the Coo Clucks Clang
Spelt Ku Klux Klan.. and LOL.... haha..

Quote:
k_ajay: VIP? Hardly. More PR guinea-pig. But I digress- AND exaggerate. Their hospitality was first class. I even got a going away present of a cutely-wrapped Parker pen.
Ahem!! Bring amidst the MD of Skoda India and the top management guys doesn't sound like a PR guinea-pig outing... Anyways, the hospitality tales sound like you've been treated well. Only wish Skoda would treat all customers that way.

Quote:
quote]OFF TOPIC: Guys- any leads on the Merc I'd posted? It's a good car- if I had the dosh and a few greenbacks, I'd have plonked them down for the Silver CLK. Please let me know if you hear a whimper or cooing.
Nope RG. My circle of friends in bangy is very very small and none amongst them are in the club of big luzury cars... Es tut mir, Herr.

Quote:
thank you for the blessing OFF TOPIC-I used to've Canon S3 IS (some guys term Canon S3 IS, Canon S5 IS, Sony H-50 etc. as compact SLR due to the options similar to the DSLRs and the provision for attaching additional lenses) before i purchased my Sony H50 in 2008 September. My S3 had suffered multiple error (lens barrel error & lens error) and since the cam had only US/ Canada warranty, the repair charge here was quited over Rs. 20k. I was about to go for the true blood DSLR (Canon 1000D) as the replacement for my S3, but then, I felt like mastering more with the compact types and hence went on to buy Sony H-50. A brief history- I used to click with Nikon Coolpix 4200/ Nikon S9 before i upgraded to Canon S3 in June 2007. The Coolpix 4200 was used to click the Fabias pic in the farm.
I just spoke too soon about cameras and photography to somone I shouldn't have.

Quote:
Sunday afternoon is perfect for me too! we can meet up at cool joint and warm up the inner recesses of the stomach with a spicy soup or rather cool off with crushing cane juice at cane-o-la and from there we can head to either sukh sagar for palatable paav bhaji or ganesh darshan for a mealy masala dosa. I promise you guys, the evening will be a pleasant one to conclude with my exotic collection of fishy pals.
Sir, where is this cool cane-o-la sugarcane joint? It sounds interesting for beating the a'noon summers. Please help us with a route map and our Fab convoy will reach there, on time.

Something sounds fishy about checking out your fishy pals.... *dang*

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st April 2009 at 23:45. Reason: 2 smiley max please.
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 18:47   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Nope RG. My circle of friends in bangy is very very small and none amongst them are in the club of big luzury cars... Es tut mir, Herr.
k_ajay: Thanks anyway Sir...from khabber just in the Benz deal might have found closure.

Wonder if cane-O-la has a VERY fermented cane juice on the menu.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:27   #1419
BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Sir, you related to the poet/singer Bob Dylan by any chance?Or does Monsieur Dylan drive a Fabia?
yes sir, we've been twice moved from the family tree in the subcontinent, reason being a storm which diverted our great great great grandparents ships to different directions on way to norflodiskothique of late monsieur dylan has been crooning as "people are crazy and times are strange, things have changed". he must've realized that I'm lurking somewhere around.

Quote:
@Mysticeyes: Sir! We need to investigate/dig out more on this special odd balls '3' and '7', seems like you have too......oooo much attachement to them and even evident in the numbers you picked as examples [1177 that rounds up to 7 and 7887 that totals to 3]. Please throw us mooooore light on the significance here if not too personal please
here we go again, but nothing toooooo personal about numbers. may be theres something beautiful about '7'. personally, i feel its the cutest number around. can't help if the final sum turns out to be '3'. but I'm adamant on one thing that in case of multiple numbers, it should be limited to 2 numbers like i mentioned (again eg: 1112 or 5556). May be its the visual appeal and some rhyming which is much better than say, 7056 or 1942

@ Ajay, I'm still an infant in case of photography. You've been playing with SLR for quite a long time buddy.

Last edited by Mysticeyes : 22nd April 2009 at 11:38.
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:48   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
yes sir, "people are crazy and times are strange, things have changed". he must've realized that I'm lurking somewhere around.
Mysticeyes: He's mad...in a lovable way. The Poet Poltergeist. The Quentin Tarantino of the music world. Totally deviant, Leprechaunish, wicked, highly-strung and VERY original. That's MY OPINION.

I love 'things have changed'.
Old 24th April 2009, 15:45   #1421
Senior - BHPian

Post Unbelieveable

Wow. No responses over the weekend, at all??

And surprise surprise. The thread that refuses to budge moving from the first page on the Initian ownership report, and rarely moving into 2nd page due to delay in responses, was found resting in the 3rd page.

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Got it back though

Where is everyone?? Has something in the lines of what happened in the movie 'The Happening', happened to ya'll??
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 15:59   #1422
BHPian

Quote:

And surprise surprise. The thread that refuses to budge moving from the first page on the Initian ownership report, and rarely moving into 2nd page due to delay in responses, was found resting in the 3rd page.

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Got it back though
You have beaten me. 15 mins back I thought the same. Anyway mission accomplished. Today morning I dropped my car at the service station. Will get it back by tomorrow. BTW, have all you guys replaced the AC blower? Its being changed under warranty.
MadRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 17:10   #1423
VKJ
BHPian

Default ¿Qué pasa?

Rains! power snaps!! voting!!! for the past three days...

Here is the route map...not sure how to save this link as a picture file???
Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Hope 3 PM on Sunday is fine with everyone.

If you are coming from koramangala/airport road, take the deviation towards bannerghatta road at the dairy circle flyover and head towards jayanagar 4th block[via the swagath/inox multiplex road]. Cool joint is at the intersection between 11th main road and 30th cross road.
[Nearest landmark: BHS/Vijaya junior college which is diagonally opposite to cool joint.]

I am PM'ng you guys my cell#, in case you dont have already.

Cheerio
VKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 17:22   #1424
BHPian

Default Silence of the Lambs?

Quote:
k_ajay: You're telling me? The deafening silence made me wonder too. And since the last post was mine, it made for a near-solecism to post just below it and seem like I was talking to myself.
Shun the monologue is what I told myself before moving off to greener pastures where I could practice what I pasteurised or something.

Glad to have the Blokes back on full honk, rearing to go, dawdling near the redline rather than smelling the buttercups at idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
You have beaten me. 15 mins back I thought the same. Anyway mission accomplished. Today morning I dropped my car at the service station. Will get it back by tomorrow. BTW, have all you guys replaced the AC blower? Its being changed under warranty.
MadRash: Is it acknowledged defective?
Quote:
Rains! power snaps!! voting!!! for the past three days...

Here is the route map...not sure how to save this link as a picture file???
Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Hope 3 PM on Sunday is fine with everyone.

guys my cell#, in case you dont have already.

Cheerio
VKJ: DONE Sir.
Old 24th April 2009, 17:29   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
I think only Invinsible has got it changed. My dealer is not interested in fixing it so just living with it. I have taken it to them simply too many times, taking a break now . Report once you are done with it. Touch wood, but don't expect too much from them (as I read somewhere that mere changing the Blower may not solve the issue).

@VKJ: Looking forward to the rendezvous.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote