Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th May 2009, 15:44   #1456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
OOPS. SORRY. Meant 'fried'. got wrong-footed in the heat of the moment

p.s. Robin: your car looks terrific in that light. It's not a common colour- I've yet to see another on the road so boy, you got exclusivity!
For a moment 'Fired' reminded me of the ongoing economic situation. Thank god .
Exclusivity, not at all sir. Ms Daisy, living in the adjacent apartment has the same color and same trim model. Yes I too like the color, and it goes very well with the dual tone interior with matching seat covers. Perhaps that is why this color is not available in elegance model, where the interior is either all black or all biege. My wife wanted T Orange, but my sister tilted the decision in my favour. Now my wife can't stop bragging about it.

@Mysticeyes: Get well soon to enjoy the stolen mangoes. They taste better than the ones exchaged for currency.

@VKJ: Where are you sir? When are you getting your AC blower fixed?

Till now I have not recieved any reply from Skoda. Waiting, waiting ...

Last edited by fi.robin : 4th May 2009 at 15:52.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 19:02   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
seems lazy bugs seems to be biting fabiosis as soon as it nears weekends.
to tell the truth, i got 'indisposed'
Mysticeyes: Oh, speedy recovery to you, Sir. Hope there's a pretty Mallu nurse by your bedside with English Marie biscuits and gentle, disarming bedside manner.

[quote=fi.robin;1287796]For a moment 'Fired' reminded me of the ongoing economic situation. Thank god .

quote]

fi.robin:
'Fired' reminded me of the ongoing economic situation.

Ha ha, Sir. Same as FRIED, eh?

Exclusivity, not at all sir. Ms Daisy, living in the adjacent apartment has the same color and same trim model.

Ah. Class & Breeding, in that case, in that order!
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 20:25   #1458
BHPian

I'm Back after yet another busy phase ! however, more pictures and more places visited.

It was the long weekend from 30th april - 3rd may, voted at 7 am and left immediately for Murud(1day)-Panchgani(3days)-Morgaon-Siddhatek, about 920km in total, fantastic drive, however the whole of bombay and pune was everywhere, fortunately I know a lot of off-beat places at these tourist spots, so overall a good trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc_7417.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc_7924.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc_7923.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc_7953.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc_7959.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc_8146.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc_8150.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc_8158.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc_8200.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc_8163.jpg  

naikpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 20:37   #1459
BHPian

addendum: the last time I gave the car for a service, the advisor said the right balance rod had bent and that he had fixed it while aligning, that is why the wheel was slightly bent on the left, I wasn't too sure of this, so I took it to my regular alignment guy and sat under the car in the pit, we thoroughly checked the suspension, both at the back and front, everything was perfect, the alignment was set wrong, setting it correctly made the wheel straight too !
I am now looking for an alternative to Autobahn skoda, any suggestions in South Bombay ? at the last resort, ill have to go to JMD, the car has now done 21200km and is 1 year and 5 days old, it got a nice 900 km birthday bash, on all regional roads, hardly any highways..

Last edited by naikpranav : 4th May 2009 at 20:55. Reason: I figured ill use the duplicate post to add some more stuff
naikpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 08:36   #1460
BHPian

Default Title finally changed to include 'Petrol' Fabia reviews! Thanks, Mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
I'm Back after yet another busy phase ! however, more pictures and more places visited.
It was the long weekend
Quote:
addendum:
hardly any highways..
naikpranav: hello Sir. Twas just yesterday that I was wondering about your long absence from our story, and now you come back with tales and frozen fascimiles of beauty and memories and whatnot. back with a BANG!! all right/ Good. Thanks, lovely pics as usual. You're one of the most regular-as-a-Japanese-train chaps with the camera and metier for the aesthetic. Great to have you on board as you bring a whole lot of colour (and adventure) to the Fabiosi.

Suspension: those chaps sound cuckoo...bent tie-rod, Ha!
Find another service centre or you'll never have peace of mind. If you're halfway like me and unable to suffer fools gladly, I'd say do it quick. Your car also notches up the miles rapidly so your visits to a service centre will likely be more frequent. 21K kms in 1 year is astounding in my book.
Old 5th May 2009, 10:06   #1461
BHPian

Lightbulb

Quote:
Mysticeyes: Oh, speedy recovery to you, Sir. Hope there's a pretty Mallu nurse by your bedside with English Marie biscuits and gentle, disarming bedside manner
shhhhhhhh....naughty boy. you want to make family trouble?may I inform the groupies that a jr. fabiosi arrived yesterday night? shykrish & family was blessed with a baby boy at 9.30pm.

@pranav-stunning pics. I think its the best photo shootout any fabia ever had
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 10:44   #1462
BHPian

Default Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
may I inform the groupies that a jr. fabiosi arrived yesterday night? shykrish & family was blessed with a baby boy at 9.30pm.

Groupies? Ha ha

Shykrish:

CONGRATS!! There's hardly better and more welcome news than a baby in your home. Am really happy for you and your wife...it portends all great things. May your bundle of joy bring Ye great Blessings and Happiness. WOW!
May he grow up to be a Skoda evangelist like his dad.
Old 5th May 2009, 15:29   #1463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am now looking for an alternative to Autobahn skoda, any suggestions in South Bombay ? at the last resort, ill have to go to JMD, the car has now done 21200km and is 1 year and 5 days old, it got a nice 900 km birthday bash, on all regional roads, hardly any highways..
Great Pics there Pranav as always. Your truly gifted with the sense of photography, what cam do you use? Great color saturation.
It's sad to know about issue you faced. Well It still not that bad compared to the Autograph and JMD here. Both of these workshop at Andheri are close to my house but I yet give me car at Autobahn. Autograph is worst of all, very arrogant people. JMD is good but never has any sought of stock. Initially when I got my car had gone to both these places for minor problems in the beginning they yet couldn't rectify. Finally, had to give my car to Autobahn. Never had an issue with the usual service, and incase if any problem comes is sorted at priority bases thanks to being friendly with the Manager at the Service. Incase, you do face any issues do let me know and am sure the Manager, Arvind, will be happy to sort out. His one person I have come across in a long time at any service outlet, who is ready to sought out issues without delaying and is open to ideas.

SKYRISH@ Heartiest Congratulations to you and your wife, and family. You are truly blesses now.
Cheers!

Last edited by Invinsible : 5th May 2009 at 15:49.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 07:42   #1464
BHPian

Default Wheel Balancing

I am planning to get the wheel balancing ang alignment done from Madhu's. A tbhp member is associated with the workshop. People have written good things about them. Anybody interested? They are open on Saturday's.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...bangalore.html (Wheel Alignment & Balancing in South Bangalore)

@SKYRISH: Congratulations.

Last edited by fi.robin : 6th May 2009 at 07:44.
Old 6th May 2009, 08:37   #1465
BHPian

Default Neurotic shades of Pale

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
I am planning to get the wheel balancing ang alignment done

Sir: How do you figure when it it due- is it by kink or kms?

NEW BLACK KINKY MAFIA FABIOSI WAGON!
Spied one yesterday fresh off the showroom on Hosur Road. It even carried protective stickering on strategic areas to prevent blemishes.
Looks HOT and very sexy! Does anyone here have Black so far?

My car is in a mess: a rebarbative sight with all the dust speckled by the rain. Looking thru the windshield itself is an accomplishment! Washy washy this weekend or else...
Old 6th May 2009, 09:14   #1466
BHPian

Quote:

Spied one yesterday fresh off the showroom on Hosur Road. It even carried protective stickering on strategic areas to prevent blemishes.

My car is in a mess: a rebarbative sight with all the dust speckled by the rain. Looking thru the windshield itself is an accomplishment! Washy washy this weekend or else...
Before my first service the car had a noticeable left-ward tendency. In the service they did WB & A but I am not confident of their work. Moreover I have added another 3000 KMS , which included a long trip as well. In these conditions another round of WB & A should do good. In Tafe they charged INR 700/- for it. I guess pundits would suggest every 5000km.

Did you see a Combi? My wife wants one (she is not aware of Skoda price policy ).

Last edited by fi.robin : 6th May 2009 at 09:20.
Old 6th May 2009, 09:47   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
Did you see a Combi? My wife wants one (she is not aware of Skoda price policy ).

fi.robin: Combi? Nope. What does that look like? This was a regulation Fabia.
Old 6th May 2009, 10:31   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
fi.robin: Combi? Nope. What does that look like? This was a regulation Fabia.
The Estate version of Fabia. Is in the list for India launch.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-1600x1200_newfabiacombien.jpg  

Old 6th May 2009, 10:37   #1469
BHPian

Quote:

was it having white protective strips all over the body?usually the cars which are being unloaded here have that strip. It might be to prevent scratches. they take off the strips during the service before delivery only. NC, did u forget that Rakesh got a black beauty?

saw couple of new Superbs over last few days. boy, they do look mean from the front, almost like the protective elder brother. seems 'superbiosi' has landed from Sicily
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 11:30   #1470
BHPian

Last Friday afternoon my AC behaved like a random idiot. All of a sudden it started blowing warm air. Then 5 secs later it became normal. This Monday when I fired the engine there was an unusual vibration. It rgained normalcy after a restart. Wierd . It is behaving like MS Windows.

Last edited by fi.robin : 6th May 2009 at 11:37.