Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th March 2008, 10:06   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats Vipul for your new ride. I am surprised that the dealer didn't even offer the basic accessories and on top of it, he fleeced you with his pricing. Looks like you have bought the car without a detailed research
Hi Mobike,

I bought the car after a detailed research over six months but the accesory part of it I left it to the dealer as I was fed up with them giving NO as an answer for any of my requests.....
vipulkamboj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 15:58   #32

I have just ordered a paprika red Fusion 1.6 petrol which costs 6.73 on road in Bangalore. They offer no discounts except that the dealer is offering a sound system this month with absic accessories. My test drive made me feel good. So far I have been driving a WagonR. The only thing I felt and I am not too sure if I am right is that the power steering in WagonR was smoother than the Fusion. I mean I can use a finger to rotate it. I only hope that the Fusion is good and I dont get any disappointments.
vasisht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 09:07   #33
BHPian

Dear Vashisht,

Dont worry on the power steering part. It is a breeze. I used to drive a Maruti 800 (of course it does not have a power steering) and the Fusion steering is much better than that. The manueverability is really good.

The MP3 player comes in as a March Masti from Ford India offer so the dealer has actually not offered any discounts. This is how Ford functions I guess........

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasisht View Post
I have just ordered a paprika red Fusion 1.6 petrol which costs 6.73 on road in Bangalore. They offer no discounts except that the dealer is offering a sound system this month with absic accessories. My test drive made me feel good. So far I have been driving a WagonR. The only thing I felt and I am not too sure if I am right is that the power steering in WagonR was smoother than the Fusion. I mean I can use a finger to rotate it. I only hope that the Fusion is good and I dont get any disappointments.
Old 24th March 2008, 12:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulkamboj View Post
The MP3 player comes in as a March Masti from Ford India offer so the dealer has actually not offered any discounts. This is how Ford functions I guess........
This is the special treatment for Fusion only :-). Dealers are so hardnosed and will not offer any discounts. In December 2007 i bought Ikon Flair, after failing to get any reasonable discounts on Fusion Petrol. All they offered me is 7k corporate discount on Fusion. Whereas i got 30K discount on Ikon(in Bangalore).

Now they have re-introduced Fusion+. It will cost about ~38k more for ABS+EBD, height adjustable driver seat, Alloy wheels and body coloroured ORVMs, side skirting etc. IMHO, going for Fusion+ will be good choice, since the goodies offered are real value for those extra bucks.

-Vaspro
vaspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 11:36   #35
BHPian

Fusion + is really a value for money with ABS + EBD Body Coloured Accesories etc. I would have loved ABS and electronic OVRMs in my Fusion............
Old 25th May 2008, 15:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulkamboj View Post
Colour : Mystic Wine
ICE : Sony with Aux point for iPod
Seat Covers : Have ordered for Leather Biege
Anti Theft : Auto Cop - Cobra with impact sensors. Can be configured in the factory fitted lock so you dont have to carry 2 remotes
Nice car there vipul, congrats!
How is doing? Any nick nacks so far?
Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2008, 17:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

Co ngrats, Vipul! Lovely colour, but aint seen one in that colour so far.
BTW, what is that rectangular switch to the left of the hazard warning switch? They look like sliding controls of a graphic equalizer.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2008, 17:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Co ngrats, Vipul! Lovely colour, but aint seen one in that colour so far.
BTW, what is that rectangular switch to the left of the hazard warning switch? They look like sliding controls of a graphic equalizer.
nope, thats innovative way for keeping your coins..
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote