Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 15th March 2008, 11:54   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
my stand has always been against the unrealistically over-the-top reactions and comments from users of that particular car, the mindless glorification of what is at the end of the day an ordinary product (damn, there I go again!), the refusal of such people to acknowledge any of that vehicle's weaknesses or shortcomings and their general inability to see any good in any other vehicle.
OT: Purely double standards here, when Fiat owners say anything good about Palio/Fiat cars, it is 'mindless glorification', and when Maruti/Tata owners brag about their cars, it is called something else!
Old 15th March 2008, 11:55   #152
Senior - BHPian

T-BHP>Find /Palio MJD test Drive /14-15 March *.*

*Searching the above Parameter*

T-BHP>Sorry No Test drive Reports Found since 14 march 2008.
Old 15th March 2008, 12:13   #153
BHPian

More TD reports please.
Old 15th March 2008, 12:16   #154
Senior - BHPian

For all the talk about Palio's being expensive to maintain, I did my S10's 62,000 odd kms service from Wasan Motors, Chembur and paid Rs.2870 all inclusive.

The car of course is rock solid and there were no complaints apart from A/C gas (0.200gms) and compresor oil. I also insisted on brake fluid change.

There is also a huge jump in the cost of fuel filter. I was charged Rs.126 compared to Rs.76 paid last time. Whats going on?
Old 15th March 2008, 17:35   #155
BHPian

^^@dhaval, unable to view the pictures, waiting for your review.
Old 15th March 2008, 17:45   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1kram View Post
^^@dhaval, unable to view the pictures, waiting for your review.
I know it v1kram. Something went wrong while uploading the photos. Ya review will follow soon.

Last edited by dhaval : 15th March 2008 at 17:46.
Old 15th March 2008, 20:09   #157
BHPian

Thumbs up

Did Test Drive the Car today. The model was SDE.

--> The car as others say is "build like a tank". No flimsy sheet metal like the Marutis.
--> The car is very silent from outside.
--> Felt little vibrations inside the car (atleast below the driver seat). But its much better than the Indica. Haven`t had a chance to TD the swift D so cannot compare.
--> The clutch, brake and acc. are positioned close to each other. Had difficulty initially. Later got used to it. Realized that we had to use our toe rather than the whole of the foot.
--> The engine had good amount of power. Felt it first time I released the clutch.
--> Felt the most amount of power (I guess you can call it torque) on third gear.
--> Initially had trouble shifting. But later realized that I was not pressing down the clutch pedal completely. The so called "foot rest" near the clutch was preventing me from pressing down completely (may be because I have a fairly large foot).
--> The steering was precise.
--> The seat is positioned low. Ok for me (I am 6 feet).
--> And finally. Boot space could potentially fit two 12" subs .

Overall I am happy with the car. I have already booked the SDX last week. Will be making the full payment next week. Expected to receive the within 10-20 days.

PS: I am not an expert in the cars. So the views mentioned above is purely based on what I experienced.

Cheers,
Venki.
Old 15th March 2008, 23:39   #158
BHPian

Went to Dhingra Motors in Gurgaon today to TD Palio MJD, but alas, all were sold out.

New grill looks more macho. It seems that Fiat is trying to make us believe that Palio MJD belongs to the same league as of Grande Punto, Bravo and Linea by putting similar looking front grills.

Engine bay looks completely filled up and more complex than 1.6. Saw a new metallic red-maroon shade which looks very nice.

No discounts on MJD while 13000 cash off on petrol versions are offered. Delivery will take 20 days from the date of booking.
Old 16th March 2008, 00:34   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki7744 View Post
I have already booked the SDX last week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post
Went to Dhingra Motors in Gurgaon today to TD Palio MJD, but alas, all were sold out.
Good initials signs! I hope this is the sales break FIAT India has been waiting for. Now, if only they make good use of it!

Seems like it will eat up the sales of its petrol siblings too.
Old 16th March 2008, 06:22   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Lightbulb TD reports, didja ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post

Delivery will take 20 days from the date of booking.
True but they were giving TDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
More TD reports please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
T-BHP>Find /Palio MJD test Drive /14-15 March *.*

*Searching the above Parameter*

T-BHP>Sorry No Test drive Reports Found since 14 march 2008.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post759915 (Disappointing Palio 1.3MJD (and also CS).) lo shaab jis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
OT: Purely double standards here, when Fiat owners say anything good about Palio/Fiat cars, it is 'mindless glorification', and when Maruti/Tata owners brag about their cars, it is called something else!
Finney, completely agree. For what its worth, I see a completely unreasonable bashing of Indica (even Xeta) by people who've barely TD'd it, let alone owned it for a reasonable period. When it comes to Safari, from the same stable, again similar Tata niggles, somehow its make-your-own-road club!

That being said, I do see vociferous Fiat fans, and here's another new one! Theek hai - the palio could've taken new styling, maybe its just another car, but its surely another FUN car - I liken it to yammie's fun bikes. Yeh alag baat hai ki Yammie and Fiat are both in ze dumps in India!

Last edited by phamilyman : 16th March 2008 at 06:26.
Old 16th March 2008, 07:03   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Good initials signs! I hope this is the sales break FIAT India has been waiting for. Now, if only they make good use of it!

Seems like it will eat up the sales of its petrol siblings too.
true that. It is clearly on its way to breaking the stile's "records" of 200-300 cars per month!

But seriously, it IS selling in good numbers. Cheers to FIAT.

now will they actually invest a few tens of crores in the parts inventory? That parts inventory is what has kept its thousand crore plant investment idle. Fiat - you reading?

PS: Relaunching the stile petrol with a reasonable weight body wont hurt either!! Its a killer at its price!
Old 16th March 2008, 11:54   #162
BHPian

Default Some pics!!

Here are some exterior photos which i managed to capture in my camera before the sales lady at b.u. bhandari came running towards me saying "sir, photos not allowed". Anyways here are the pics:(hope they can be viewed this time)
Attached Thumbnails
Palio 1.3 MJD Test Driven and Ripped.-img_0604.jpg  

Palio 1.3 MJD Test Driven and Ripped.-img_0605.jpg  

Palio 1.3 MJD Test Driven and Ripped.-img_0606.jpg  

Palio 1.3 MJD Test Driven and Ripped.-img_0607.jpg  

Palio 1.3 MJD Test Driven and Ripped.-img_0611.jpg  

Palio 1.3 MJD Test Driven and Ripped.-img_0615.jpg  

Palio 1.3 MJD Test Driven and Ripped.-img_0616.jpg  

Old 16th March 2008, 11:58   #163
BHPian

I love that Red Fiat Logo

-BSR
Old 16th March 2008, 12:00   #164
BHPian

@dhavel : Halleleujah, nice phots and this version looks great. Do you have any of the contraversial interiors that a lot of folks seem to be cribbing about?
Old 16th March 2008, 12:39   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona View Post
@dhavel : ....Do you have any of the contraversial interiors that a lot of folks seem to be cribbing about?
Actually I was more interested to check out the "under the hood story" and didn't bother to check the interiors from the photographer's point of view. But IMO the Palio Stile interiors are decent and simple for the price she commands. And personally I am not a korean fan(this been having 2 Getz GLS in the family; Santro & Accent sold). So sorry no comparison with the koreans or the korean fans who just know to crib.

Dhaval
Closed Thread