Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 20th March 2008, 20:47   #226
Team-BHP Support

PM ed you, didnt want to hijack the HOT hatch

while one the topic, any idea its available for a TD in Trivandrum now?
Old 20th March 2008, 21:01   #227
BHPian

Guys,

Have any of the owners of current 1.D test driven the 1.3MJD yet...I am away form home and so cannot do it...ould be great to hear form some one who has a 1.9D
Old 20th March 2008, 22:50   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
PM ed you, didnt want to hijack the HOT hatch

while one the topic, any idea its available for a TD in Trivandrum now?
Its is. TDed twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Guys,

Have any of the owners of current 1.D test driven the 1.3MJD yet...I am away form home and so cannot do it...ould be great to hear form some one who has a 1.9D
1.9 for low end torque I guess. This for ripping and stopping when you need without any hick ups.
Old 21st March 2008, 02:26   #229
BHPian

Hi! Took the TD of multiJet (as its written on the back of the car). I have driven Skoda Diesel and Innova Diesel as well! I was floored by the response of the this engine. Well, its hard to believe that it's diesel! (Though Innova diesel is also quite refined). At 75 BHP, this car was responding no less than my 100 BHP Adventure! Especially in 1st, 3rd and 5th gear! The ride is superb and I drove it a 130kmph on the Eastern Express Highway with no shake ups what so ever! Its a must buy! I guess there is no version with Alloy and Rear Spoiler available. The front grille is pretty impressive. The new FIAT logo is quite good. I guess, with 5,50,000 on road Mumbai for the top end, a Petrol Lover, who looked for an extremely peppy and responsive car but wanted to pay less than Rs. 40/- a litre, must recite Palio Multijet. For me, its an absolute and instant buy! I wish they changed the interiors!
Old 21st March 2008, 10:33   #230
BHPian

Folks,

I do not know, how many of you caught the Palio MJD being featured on The Hindu. For the benefit of ones who did not, please find the link below:

The Hindu : Metro Plus Bangalore / Wheels : Scoring with Multijet

Thanks
Old 21st March 2008, 12:38   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

I do not know, how many of you caught the Palio MJD being featured on The Hindu. For the benefit of ones who did not, please find the link below:

Palio Multijet is the news item is White! in color .

IS this color available in Stile 1.1 or 1.6 I havnet seen any White stile ?!

or may be this is new color for palio?!
Old 21st March 2008, 13:54   #232
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

It looks good in white and the grille is also having fresh look.I think the newlook is catching up...Its like A R Rehman's music.Will slowly grow upon you.
Old 21st March 2008, 14:41   #233
Senior - BHPian

Just took TD of multijet here whats i felt ...

engine was too responsive, too much bottom end torque. floored it 3-4 times in 2nd and 3rd gear and after little initial lag(less than 1800-200RPM) it pulls like anything .....

Interiors are pretty average nothing to write about.
gear shift is ok it has less throw than my 1.6 but feels rubbery. clutch and steering were ligher than 1.6, steering maybe because of tyres but clutch was lighter.

Engine noise is very low, just little diesel clutter while idling. after than it doesn't feel like diesel, actually i quit liked the engine noise. i think in engine noise DDiS and MJD has little difference.

Handbrake lever is too aweful and looks very bad, exterior styling is same except the logo and front grill which looks pretty good, i have asked for the front grill let see if they can manage that ....

Talked to the sale person(with whom i got my palio), and he told me the reposnse is very good, earlier they used to get 15-20 queries a month for palio and now they are getting almost 10 query for palio everyday. he told me that the main problem is stock which they don't have ...... they have ordered many cars but company doesn't have any stock it seems, he alone had booked 6 MJD .....

Earlier they used to sell ~10 Fiat every month, which is very low considering its a very big showroom. they sale almost 300 tata vehicle every month ...... there are 2 sales person for FIAT against 15 for tata i guess, but he said things are improving very fast.

if i go with my purchase experience of FIAT, i will go with MJD against DDiS anyday . before i said i will go with swift but after TD i feel palio is equally good car and better in some things with very less waiting period
Old 21st March 2008, 14:49   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyheights View Post
Folks,

Thanks
Looks like the writer of this article Mr. Manish Sarser is closely observing this thread. He has not made a single value addition in the article.

From the same article which i wish to quote:
Quote:
...However, donít forget that the Fiats donít hold resale value as well as Marutis do.
My advice to this journalist is to go in the market and please check out the resale value of Palio Diesel, and then comment. And BTW is it not too early to talk about the resale value of the car when there are hardly any on the roads presently?
Old 21st March 2008, 14:55   #235
Team-BHP Support

Previous palio diesel doesnt respect much resale value when you are out there to sell. Yes they are difficult to get, especially once in good condition. Being a diesel (will have more mileage, kms run) and a product of Fiat, which they themselves pulled out fast doesnt add value.

New Palio D will be a different story since it should sell more and should be popular than the previous one, so yes too early to speculate.
Old 21st March 2008, 17:32   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyheights View Post
Folks,

Thanks
This article is a reprint from "What Car?" magazine (March 2008)
Old 21st March 2008, 17:59   #237
BHPian

It's surprising that there are hardly any media promotions for the fiat palio diesel.
Old 21st March 2008, 18:14   #238
BHPian

drive by wire technology in the new diesel PALIO MJD would have been a USP & a differentiator in diesel mkt for FIAT's, i dont why FIAT ignored drive by wire which made the earlier 1.9D such a pleasure to drive...
Old 21st March 2008, 23:03   #239
BHPian

I took a TD of the Fiat Palio MultiJet 1.3 today from Wasan Motors in Borivali, Mumbai. The version that I drove was the SDE, Furnace Red.

When you start the engine and leave it to idle it does feels like a Diesel, but the moment you give the throttle a little rev one can feel the growl of the 1298cc DOHC heart.

The car handles miraculously and the driveability still remains unmatched. I then rolled up the window to put on the aircon and the cabin felt quite silent and no one apart from me could hear the distinct Diesel engine.

What I felt is a little amiss is the lower end torque in the vehicle, and the turbo doesnít kick in until you reach the 2000rpm mark. But once you reach there, boy would you like to continue flooring the pedal. The huge turning radius (as compared to other hatches in the segment) of 5.1 meters did not quite vanguard, the car feels rock solid and will respond to anything you want it to do. I could take it up to about 90kmph on the 3rd gear and there was no stress felt in the engine, and the gear shift is just fine and does its job, no problems in engaging. Couldnít do more than 90kmph as there were too many bottlenecks on the Western Express Highway, and I had to brake quite often.

Ok, panels and consoles are a major put off particularly in reference to the front panel which feels tacky and does not do justice to what anybody would least expect considering the put down price of 5.3+ on road Mumbai. The beige interiors appeal to me, and I still think it rocks on the Palio.

The sales person at Wasan has confirmed about 7 bookings since the day of the launch.

My Verdict: Hot Hatch + Common Rail Diesel Technology + Handling + Driving Pleasure >> Stile MultiJet wins hands down and is a great bet for someone who has a min 1500 km run per month.

As for me: Still saving up to acquire the Stile 1.6, canít wait for the day of reckoning Ö
Old 22nd March 2008, 09:32   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

here are two reasons for the car to be purchased asap:
a. 18 months unlimited mileage + 18 months extended warranty (no km specified). Ideal for the likes of hvkumar. he will make them realize the weight of their words - right saar?

b. alot of the parts are bideshi, so like original japani m800, this will stay a classic.
Closed Thread