Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 22nd March 2008, 11:34   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
b. alot of the parts are bideshi, so like original japani m800, this will stay a classic.
And hard to maintain since you'll have a part failure which happens only in one in a million cases & you realise that the manufacturer does not stock it but has to be imported on order from Italy. That's gonna be a loooong wait.
Old 22nd March 2008, 12:30   #242
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
And hard to maintain since you'll have a part failure which happens only in one in a million cases & you realise that the manufacturer does not stock it but has to be imported on order from Italy. That's gonna be a loooong wait.
Once localized, the parts are easily swappable between Indian and imported ones.
Old 22nd March 2008, 13:03   #243
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Guys pete's box is available for MJD?the same in the swift is possible I think. Can anyone shed some light.
Old 23rd March 2008, 11:30   #244
Senior - BHPian

finally took the MJD for a test drive yesterday morning. well, i was quite dissapointed. there is a good kick at around 2K Rpm, but the engine did not sound as refined as the swift D. the power delivery was smooth. One thing that got me thinking was the clutch - will t be abl to handle the extra torque at the lower end?
I was very dissapointd with the interiors, sad let down, and the NVH inside the cabin was pretty bad. Even from outside - it sounded like a diesel. Is it bcause there is not enough damping material inside the engine bay?

I was making a head to head comparrision between the Sd and the MJD.

if i was given a choice - i would take the mJD and plonk the engine into my palio 1.2. but as they say - not everything is possible!
Old 25th March 2008, 14:11   #245
BANNED

Guys i booked my MJD yesterday from concorde motors bangalore.They say a waitig period of 3 weeks.But if its black they will give immediate delivery on full payment within two days.I am not sure how balck palio looks.I prefer furnace red.
Old 25th March 2008, 14:18   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4strings View Post
The huge turning radius (as compared to other hatches in the segment) of 5.1 meters did not quite vanguard
Sigh.. Some things will never change.. But I am surprised nobody brought that up, especially the Palio haters club .
Old 25th March 2008, 14:21   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
Guys i booked my MJD yesterday from concorde motors bangalore.They say a waitig period of 3 weeks.But if its black they will give immediate delivery on full payment within two days.I am not sure how balck palio looks.I prefer furnace red.
Congrats Shebin!

Where did you book from Hosur Road or Mysore Road? How much is it OTR? Getting any freebies?
Old 25th March 2008, 14:27   #248
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Congratulations !!
Better wait for the color that you love than to compromise. Red palio looks hot.
Old 25th March 2008, 14:43   #249
BANNED

I booked from Concorde near christ college.It comes around 5.57lacks(full option) on road I bought my old SX from there only.No discounts are offered and no freebies.I wasnt expecting also since the booking volumes seems to high.I saw two bookings happening at the same time.

Black colour is ok with me but the difficulty to maintain it clean.....and i have not seen a black palio yet.I love balck colour on big cars.The sales guy was saying black looks more sexy(i know his problem).

Guys one thing i would love to say.Indica dicor is really good.Only the interiors are let down.I enjoyed driving it and the engine is very responsive and purring.

Any suggestions on palio black color?
Old 25th March 2008, 14:53   #250
Team-BHP Support

If you have not seen a black palio yet, how can you be buying one. Is there an urgent need for the car ?
Old 25th March 2008, 14:55   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions on palio black color?
Cool. Good decision!

I think, a Palio Red looks hotter than Palio black any day!
Old 25th March 2008, 15:01   #252
Team-BHP Support

Black palio looks good. I have seen couple of them.
Old 25th March 2008, 15:08   #253
Senior - BHPian

Auto Car India April 2008 issue has a comparison between Indica Dicor and Palio MJD. They say that the usual strengths of build, ride and handling remain in the Palio, but nothing else seems to be that impressive. For instance, the top speed of MJD is 149 km whereas that of DICOR was somewhere in 160's if I remember correctly. Also, DICOR overtakes Palio in the 0-100 timings. Palio barely manages to pip the DICOR in the in-gear acceleration timings. DICOR has a 70 horse engine whereas the MJD has a 75 horse engine. MJD also has a lot more torque as compared to the DICOR. I quite do not understand where all that torque and power have gone. Again, I think they both weigh more or less the same.

Going by this review, I feel disappointed with this attempt of Fiat. This attempt of plonking a diesel mill into the Palio seems very half-hearted. I think Fiat has more or less given up on Palio and they are concentrating more on the Punto and the Linea.
Old 25th March 2008, 15:09   #254
BHPian

I think you should not just look at, but closely inspect every aspect of a car before buying it. Take a while, see the black Palio, see other colours as well- even the Mag grey one looks good. Not just the body, see the effect of the colour combination of the outside colour with the seat fabrics too- you don't want to notice something you don't like after booking/ buying.
Old 25th March 2008, 15:47   #255
BHPian

Default u can take a look at my black palio

Hi shebin
if you are from bangalore, then you can have a look at my black palio 1.1

may be you can plan up something in the weekend!

cheers
vasant
Closed Thread