Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2008, 08:50   #136
BHPian
 
bIte tHe bulLet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 438
Thanked: 242 Times
Default alloys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avin View Post
Hi DaiusPitar,

I know the name of the tires is mentioned in the thread, I am looking for the name and model of Alloys used by him.

Avi

hey avin,

did you mange to get a look at the wheels somewhere close to you? i remember pm'ing you a load of info earlier?!?

easiest is getting onto the hr website, they've got tons of stuff there and will also have all the relevant model no's etc.

cheers dude.
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 10:46   #137
BHPian
 
SRShrikanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: B'bay/Stockholm
Posts: 255
Thanked: 8 Times
Thumbs up Reclaiming more than just your life.!!!

Dear BTB,

Having gone through all your posts, your evident passion for the beautiful beast is endearing to note.

My decision on taking the plunge with the VTT is being amply reinforced here in this forum and the adrenaline rush just doesnt reduce at all.

Am presently driving a pearl white VX 4x4 that belongs to a friend and have run her for the last 1300kms out of the 11k kms she has done. What a sublime beast of a beauty, she certainly is.

Amidst utter chaos & Bombay traffic snarls - she exudes a certain class that only reflects her true persona. Absolutely love her to bits.

As a person, i seem to have matured whilst riding her. Talk about transformation.!!! Who needs a GURU these days.!!! ( no offense meant to anyone here please. )

Could you please give me the HR alloy serial number for me to source the same here in bombay,please.

If ever, you decide on your Leh trip and dont mind some company, please do keep us posted.

There are 4 VTT's from bbay that are planning a Delhi - agra - leh trip by end July. Maybe we call it one pure VTT fest.

Cheers and njoy ur babe.

Last edited by SRShrikanth : 27th May 2008 at 10:47.
SRShrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 18:37   #138
BHPian
 
bIte tHe bulLet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 438
Thanked: 242 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
Dear BTB,

Having gone through all your posts, your evident passion for the beautiful beast is endearing to note.

My decision on taking the plunge with the VTT is being amply reinforced here in this forum and the adrenaline rush just doesnt reduce at all.

Am presently driving a pearl white VX 4x4 that belongs to a friend and have run her for the last 1300kms out of the 11k kms she has done. What a sublime beast of a beauty, she certainly is.

Amidst utter chaos & Bombay traffic snarls - she exudes a certain class that only reflects her true persona. Absolutely love her to bits.

As a person, i seem to have matured whilst riding her. Talk about transformation.!!! Who needs a GURU these days.!!! ( no offense meant to anyone here please. )

Could you please give me the HR alloy serial number for me to source the same here in bombay,please.

If ever, you decide on your Leh trip and dont mind some company, please do keep us posted.

There are 4 VTT's from bbay that are planning a Delhi - agra - leh trip by end July. Maybe we call it one pure VTT fest.

Cheers and njoy ur babe.
hey shrikanth...

thanks for the post - you must have tons of patience to actually wade through the insane amount of ramblings that i have been prone to within this very post... (there i go again!!!)

i'm glad you are enjoying the safari. yeah i enjoy my car(s); i've been a nut for all things automotive from a very young age and will happily spend hours doing nothing but pottering around people with cars, cleaning my own or just out on the road, doing what cars and bikes tend to do best - DRIVE!!!

i'm not sure of the model no. of the hr's and it doesn't help that i'm in the uk for the next couple of days - so i have no access to the wheels themselves; however - all is not lost, these particular rims are really easy to find on the hr website... i'll have a look shortly and let you know.

as far as the leh trip is concerned, i'm game!! i've done it once before while shooting two safari's, but that was in 99. it would be awesome to do it again. which way are you guys planning to go up...khardungla or tanglangla?

keep me posted dude,

cheers... cheers:
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 19:53   #139
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: AECS Layout,Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
hey avin,

did you mange to get a look at the wheels somewhere close to you? i remember pm'ing you a load of info earlier?!?

easiest is getting onto the hr website, they've got tons of stuff there and will also have all the relevant model no's etc.

cheers dude.
yes, I got it brother...
thanks for the information..

Avi
Avin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 19:08   #140
BHPian
 
crosscap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Allahabad
Posts: 153
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

bite the bullet, I have become a fan of your alloy wheels. may I know what make is it?

BTW, your avatar is very cute. Happy driving!
crosscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2008, 19:28   #141
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: delhi
Posts: 3
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Joining BHP was thing i did for this beast called safari,
While i juggle combinations of Roof top AC v/s Grey claddings
while i go for purchase ex/lx
thanks a million for your posts Bite the bullet,
keep posting we are waiting ...
totality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 20:38   #142
BHPian
 
bIte tHe bulLet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 438
Thanked: 242 Times
Default

guys,

apologies for bumping this thread but need some s*$t hot advice real fast...

in the last 48 hours, the front on the safari has developed an ominious cracking sound when turning the steering wheel at full lock - left or right.

my thoughts -

1. front bearings
2. steering arm
3. suspension?!?

MAJORLY worried - help....

cheers

Last edited by bIte tHe bulLet : 5th July 2008 at 20:47.
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 22:40   #143
BHPian
 
bIte tHe bulLet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 438
Thanked: 242 Times
Default

quick update..

spoke to a service advisor at pawa motors @ 9:35 PM!!!! on his mobile - have been reassured that he will have the problem sorted and safari returned in one hour tomorrow morning...

his diagnosis is that the steering pin that connects the the power steering to the front assembly has worked itself loose and so there is a cracking sound at extreme lock on either side.

have also asked for the engine oil to be changed since the vehicle is going to be standing in the workshop for over an hour... fyi - she has run 5.5k kms and almost 2k of those were completed in altitudes in excess of 9000 feet, when she was taken out to stretch her legs in the sangla valley camping trip recently. engine oil remained unchanged at the 1st service @ 1k kms.

*big sigh of relief*

have fallen in absolute and unconditional love with this gorgeous beast!!! now can't seem to enjoy driving smaller and lower cars!!! *smirk* and am now absolutely sure that an SUV will now always be a part of the family stable of cars....

shall update tomorrow after she's back from the workshop.

also further mods carried out -

1. headlights changed to philips crystal vision 4k - took some getting used to driving with bluish white lights, but love it now!!
2. number plates upgraded to the high security plates - paid 800 for the set and installed today.
3. black art leather seat covers with a contrast red stitch installed. very very s*%y!!!

pictures shortly...


one of my tyres has developed a bump in the sidewall and now the dealer who installed the tyres is to get a michelin engineer to come and decide on what to do - will know its fate by tuesday - so for the time being - she is bereft of a spare wheel!!!
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 12:11   #144
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

hi dude

glad to hear that your problem with the steering has been sorted out and its not anything major. Do update when you get the beast back from pawa motors.

Coming to Pawa, did you too buy your beast from Pawa Motors. Further please share which service advisor do you deal with.

I am eagerly awaiting for the pics of the art leather seat covers. Initially I too wanted to go in for the leather seats, but I decided against it as Stanley is too expensive (30-35+K for seat covers) I don't feel comfortable spending this much money on seats covers. Alternatively I found out about a shop, who stitches sear covers, (we have to provide the leather). This was costing about 19+ (14K for the leather and 5K for the stitching). I think that I would give Art Leather a go.
How much did you pay for the seat covers and the steering remote?


Pl also share the name and the location of the shop where you buy all your accessories from. I might just give it a try
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 15:07   #145
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
q
also further mods carried out -

1. headlights changed to philips crystal vision 4k - took some getting used to driving with bluish white lights, but love it now!!
2. number plates upgraded to the high security plates - paid 800 for the set and installed today.
3. black art leather seat covers with a contrast red stitch installed. very very s*%y!!!

pictures shortly...
4000rs for two bulbs?

Waiting for the pix.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 21:15   #146
BHPian
 
bIte tHe bulLet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 438
Thanked: 242 Times
Default dem da safari!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
hi dude

glad to hear that your problem with the steering has been sorted out and its not anything major. Do update when you get the beast back from pawa motors.

Coming to Pawa, did you too buy your beast from Pawa Motors. Further please share which service advisor do you deal with.

I am eagerly awaiting for the pics of the art leather seat covers. Initially I too wanted to go in for the leather seats, but I decided against it as Stanley is too expensive (30-35+K for seat covers) I don't feel comfortable spending this much money on seats covers. Alternatively I found out about a shop, who stitches sear covers, (we have to provide the leather). This was costing about 19+ (14K for the leather and 5K for the stitching). I think that I would give Art Leather a go.
How much did you pay for the seat covers and the steering remote?


Pl also share the name and the location of the shop where you buy all your accessories from. I might just give it a try

hey harjeev,

nope, my safari was delivered by vivek, but after the crap i've had to deal with during and even after the delivery, i've pretty much sworn to never use them again. i'd gone to them because my palio was also from them - anyways, thats another story!!

seat covers were 12500 and the steering remote was 1200 bucks. the name of the guy who does all my stuff is rajesh and his shop is just past a shop called Elegant in the lajpat nagar car accessories bit opp def col. my wheels and tyres are handled by a huge tyre shop opposite the same guy as well - HIS name is jitesh. pm me and i'll pass on the guys tel no.

stanley was what i went to rajesh for as well, he orders and fits it as well - the version that i wanted was coming to about 40k in all... he suggested that i look at this art leather as an option and i saw a civic being done in the same stuff - much impressed, i saved 28k!!! loads of people have actually thought that the seats are actually covered in leather - it's good fun seeing their faces when i tell them it ain't the real stuff!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
4000rs for two bulbs?

Waiting for the pix.
pics tomorrow jk!!!

no, the colour temperature is 4000 kelvin! the bulbs cost 1200 bucks in all and the parking bulbs are also in the same bluish white.... it's a good upgrade if you're not heading the HID way (and tons cheaper as well - any half decent HID kit is 8000 rs in the least)


update on the black beauty post service at 5500 kms.

she is back - the rear door is adjusted and does not scrape bumper any more. the horrible gut wrenching cracking sound from the front of the safari is now completely banished - all things are back to normal.

engine oil and oil filter changed and now will change at 15000 kms - so another 9500 kms to run. IMHO - this is the optimum that the engine oil should run....appx 10000 kms at a time. she feels lighter and more rev happy then ever after the change (it might actually be more psychological than anything else)

the only grouse is that they do a totally rubbish job of washing the vehicle - i have had to now clean her myself after she has been *washed* !!! twice. word of advice -
DO NOT SEND A TATA VEHICLE FOR SERVICE ON A SUNDAY

there were 70 cars being serviced today since all the taxi wallahs also end up servicing their monsters on sunday. it was only because i have a tenuous relationship with the dealer, that i managed to get the work done to a level i was satisfied with.

oh - there now seems to be condensation inside the left front headlight after she came back. covered under warranty, so will be off to get that done soon enough.

thats pretty much it - will post some pics of the mods later tomorrow.

cheers guys.
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 14:05   #147
BHPian
 
Born 2 Be Wild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: DILLI
Posts: 385
Thanked: 162 Times
Default

I have read your thread completely and to say that its a fantabulous review would be an understatement .

As even i am planning to get my self a safari as soon as i get my finances in order and get my Mom to agree , going through your thread i have pretty much finalized the accessories i intend to get done,just one question though the alloys you have used,you have said that they are 7.5j
Where as on the HR website its mentioned as 8.00J could you please clarify on this.

Also after using the new Philips bulbs in the headlights how is the throw of the lights and in your opinion is it worth the moolah spent?

BTW glad to know you got the issue with your truck resolved.

Cheers
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 15:21   #148
BHPian
 
chaxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 387
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Hi BTB, Can you post pix of your new seat covers in Art Leather?
chaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 16:30   #149
BHPian
 
bIte tHe bulLet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 438
Thanked: 242 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
the alloys you have used,you have said that they are 7.5j Where as on the HR website its mentioned as 8.00J could you please clarify on this.

Also after using the new Philips bulbs in the headlights how is the throw of the lights and in your opinion is it worth the moolah spent? Cheers
thanks wild,

i'll have a look at the wheels and let you know later in the evening. about the philips bulbs, the overall throw of the lamps is comparable if not slightly better than the older yellow bulbs, the difference is that because the colour of the light is this bluish/white - it just seems to be able to show you more of the road ahead of you. and the money is definately well spent.

all the best with convincing the mum!!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
Hi BTB, Can you post pix of your new seat covers in Art Leather?
got them on the camera chaxy, just being a lazy twit and haven't put them onto the lappy to upload. will do so later tonight.

cheers guys.
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 00:52   #150
BHPian
 
bIte tHe bulLet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 438
Thanked: 242 Times
Default some more pictures...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
Hi BTB, Can you post pix of your new seat covers in Art Leather?
here goes chaxy,

pics of the art leather seat covers. also there are some pics of the steering remote as well as the auzo reverse camera system (the mirror part of the entire shebang)
Attached Thumbnails
the black beauty cometh!! (Safari 2.2 LX)-remote-control-cu.jpg  

the black beauty cometh!! (Safari 2.2 LX)-remote-control-wide.jpg  

the black beauty cometh!! (Safari 2.2 LX)-rvm.jpg  

the black beauty cometh!! (Safari 2.2 LX)-seat-cover-detailing.jpg  

the black beauty cometh!! (Safari 2.2 LX)-seat-cover-driver.jpg  

the black beauty cometh!! (Safari 2.2 LX)-seat-cover-jump-seat.jpg  

the black beauty cometh!! (Safari 2.2 LX)-seat-cover-rear-cabin.jpg  

the black beauty cometh!! (Safari 2.2 LX)-seat-covers-front.jpg  

the black beauty cometh!! (Safari 2.2 LX)-seat-covers-front1.jpg  

the black beauty cometh!! (Safari 2.2 LX)-seat-covers-rear.jpg  

bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo. Deep Blue Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 116 7th April 2017 00:21
Cometh the hour, cometh the man rahulsharma2008 Introduce yourself 0 23rd August 2013 16:36
The Black Beauty - My 2010 Tata Safari GX 4X4 Bose Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 94 1st September 2010 21:14
Got my Black Beauty : Palio Stile 1.6 (Black) PankajP Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 50 5th June 2009 09:32
Da Iceman Cometh !!! St. Anger Introduce yourself 2 5th November 2007 14:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks