Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th March 2008, 15:55   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I just saw Dzire in flesh and must admit it did look good.
I guess people who were against the looks might change their opinion after seeing it in flesh!
Very very true. Looks much much better in flesh.
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 16:27   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I just saw Dzire in flesh and must admit it did look good. The only turn off in the design dept. being that from side angle the boot is above the tail lamp.
I had sat in a Zxi and the VDI. The fabric in VDI was a let down. Not upto the mark. Rear seat kinda comfy. But legroom for a sedan was not upto the mark.
I guess people who were against the looks might change their opinion after seeing it in flesh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Very very true. Looks much much better in flesh.

Saw a white Demo car with stickers. Looked great. It also proved that it will look good with a good sticker job!

Anyone got the pdf of this? I have it but cant upload from my office.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 16:27   #213
BHPian

The front looks OK. The back looks nice. The alloys are nice. But somehow, everything put together looks weird. The B pillar is bulky. In fact the entire car looks bulky. Somehow, I can't take the Swift with a boot. Maybe I need to look at it in the flesh to take a more informed decision.
prabuddhadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 16:32   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Saw a white Demo car with stickers. Looked great. It also proved that it will look good with a good sticker job!
Anyone got the pdf of this? I have it but cant upload from my office.
I saw the same type of demo car. White with stickers. Also, i think the car will look gorgeous in black.
You talking of the PDF which is on the Maruti site?

Last edited by Xehaust : 28th March 2008 at 16:35.
Old 28th March 2008, 16:58   #215
BHPian

Looks like Maruti has done everything right. I saw the car kept on display, and in flesh it definately looks good. But, I dont understand why they have not given electrically adjusted RVMs! I miss that a lot in Swift.
Selective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 17:18   #216
Senior - BHPian

Took a brief ~10km TD today. Drove the ZDi. Car had run only 40kms. Overall I liked it - good deal for an OTR price of 7L.

#Took it upto 150kmph. Felt pretty planted and relaxed. Or maybe I wasn't able to hear the engine note much since the AC was on full blast. Touched 4500+rpm a few times. Lovely engine. Nice and smooth gearshift too.

# Body roll and stability seemed more than the VDi. But then the VDi I drove, had 165 tyres.

# The JK's squealed under hard braking. Also, they seemed to pull the steering slightly to one side when braking hard. Not sure about this.

# No dead pedal for the left leg.

#It was pretty hot today and the auto climate control, set at 22, maintained the top blower speed throughout the 20min TD. The car was parked out in the sun. I guess that's why it was taking so long.

#Steering is similar to the Swift hatch. Feels disconnected, specially when taking a TD after driving the Baleno. But very effortless for city driving.

# Seats felt a bit 'flat' when it comes to supporting the back. But again, I guess the Baleno spoils one here.

#Low speed driving seemed fine to me. Inched for some time. For most practical purposes turbo lag would not matter much IMO.

# Ride was stiff but ok. No complaints.

# ICE did not impress much. But then, T-BHP has helped raise my expectations on this front to a large extent! The VDi comes with the integrated stereo, unlike the Swift VDi.

# Rear legroom seemed fine. I'm 6'2" and could comfortably sit at the rear with the front seat set to my driving position. Rear seat feels less claustrophobic than the swift. It has a centre armrest. Rear seat apparently does not fold down.

# Boot space is really good.

# Reversing is a tad difficult due to the high boot. But would be a matter of getting used to.

# Doors close with a nice thud, I felt.

# No extended warranty being offered as of now !

# Manual ORVM adjustment is an eyesore in the ZDi.

# Rear door has a cup holder. Does the Swift have this?

And finally - looks ! Well I thought it would put me off big time. But wasn't THAT disappointed, even with those out-of-place decals. Would certainly take it for looks, over the Logan/Indigo.

Well done Maruti !
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Dzire - Short test drive and some pictures-28032008003.jpg  

Swift Dzire - Short test drive and some pictures-28032008.jpg  

Swift Dzire - Short test drive and some pictures-28032008001.jpg  

Swift Dzire - Short test drive and some pictures-28032008005.jpg  

Last edited by shuvc : 28th March 2008 at 17:20.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 17:38   #217
BHPian

wow, some gr8 pics you have dude. Is it better then the logan.
katalysm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 18:14   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

great pics @shuvc. what is the waiting period of the diesel?
BlackPearl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 18:21   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
great pics @shuvc. what is the waiting period of the diesel?
The guy was vague. Indicated that even if colour was not a factor, it would still take 1month+. Same for Swift diesel.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 19:04   #220
BHPian

Nice report both Eddy and Shuvc. And thanks for sharing the photos.

@ shuvc: in the pics posted by you, the car indeed looks good with those stickers. Now cant wait to see the car in flesh.
IMO, the exterior looks are subjective. People wanted a replacement for the aging Esteem so this is it. And getting used to it is a matter of time.

Dhaval
dhaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 19:38   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
But wasn't THAT disappointed, even with those out-of-place decals. Would certainly take it for looks, over the Logan/Indigo.
Well done Maruti !
I think the test drives vehicles are a certain theme all over the country. The colour i saw was same with exact same decals. This has been reported by team-bhp'ians from other places too.

Some sort of new norms to discourage dealers from using customer vehicles for TD?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 19:44   #222

Have seen the car in BIMAL y'day. Looking good. As we got introduced to swift looks first than dzire, you tend to look at the car from hatch perspective, but u appreciate dzire looks if u forget swift existence. Maruti guys did a good job.
But I found 4 things which are weird...
1) Rear armrest: the place where u can rest ur arm, there is 'cup' kind of hole to help u open the door. It is irritating u can not rest ur hand on smooth surface and it falls in that hole.
2) Rear power window switch: U have to lean towards the other side to operate. very inconvenient. If 3 guys are sitting in the rear seat, the middle guy will be squeezed to death, when other 2 try to operate power windows simultaneously.
3) Seats: The density of the foam seems to be low compared other cars. I am not sure this observation is correct and will impact the long drive experience!! Guys do u have any idea of what is density of the foam used in cars for a good back support?
4) Rear armrest inclines more towards front.

Issue 1 & 2 are there in Swift too when I checked, About comfort: is there any feedback from swift owners?

And in ZDI, maruti should have given all beige interiors. Now it is tricolor. interiors are in black, seats in beige and roof is in whitish-grey. I guess VDI looks will be more balanced with 2 colors...

Does it cost more to give beige interiors? Or MUL worried; it may bring in some of the Sx4 customers!!!
Podilam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 19:57   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Checked out DZire today. Didnt get a drive as was there for a small duration. One thing I really liked was that The boot is really good.

Also it had bottle holders in rear door thoughtful addition must say
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 23:27   #224
Senior - BHPian

Nice report shuvc! Need to take a TD sometime soon. Looks are subjective of course, but I haven't at all taken to the DZire's shape and form. I guess need to see it in the flesh (metal?) to get a better idea.
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008, 00:37   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I think the test drives vehicles are a certain theme all over the country. The colour i saw was same with exact same decals. This has been reported by team-bhp'ians from other places too.

Some sort of new norms to discourage dealers from using customer vehicles for TD?
You are right, the one i saw here in Mumbai was also exactly the same.
That's a great idea by the manufacturer to send out the exact same vehicle for test drives all over with decals. That way us customers will not get cheated by the damn dealers.