Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th March 2008, 01:43   #226
Senior - BHPian

Question

I would like to know why no extended warranty? Any reason assigned? As far as I know its mechanicals are identical to the Swift.

An electric ORVM would have been a good addition. Come on, even the WagonR has one. But the reverse side of the coin is that they have to keep the cost to the bare minimum. Retaining the existing front of the swift explains that.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 29th March 2008 at 01:44.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008, 08:37   #227
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default My First Impression on Swift DeZire

Hey Guys,
I am giving my first impression on DeZire. I haven't taken a TD though, as the TD vehicle was out on some other Home TD. so i had to satisfy myself with just looks . Anyways now with my review.

I had been to Kapico Motors yesterday to checkout the Dezire. while climbing the stairs to the showroom, I was wondering how would it look in actual Flesh. Too many things where running through my mind. Finally, saw it. A black Dezire VDI. As soon as i saw it, felt little relief. It looked better than the pictures. It looked big, The styling was just about alright, as everyone feels, the rear looked great but it didn't glue that well with the front. But, the car surely has some Muscle and looks better than pictures. I must say that, the exterior reminded me of the NHC when it was launched. I felt very uncomfortable with NHC's looks in early days, especially after seeing the OHC which looked stunning. But, am sure the outer looks of the Dezire will slowly grow on our minds, just like the NHC did. The Boot was spacious enough, i didn't expect it to be this big.

Moved to the interiors, dash board and interiors quality where as good / bad as the swift hatch 2008. Liked the new cosmetic changes,
# outside temperature viewer
# Integrated music system
# Bottle holder in the rear doors
# Rear seat arm rest.
hmm... don't remember anything more. I moved to the most disputed rear seat, Haaa.... it was a sign of relief. Though the wheel base was not increased, the rear seats recline towards back, This has done the job. I am 6 feet and felt comfortable while seated. The comfort is far superior than the hatch version for sure. Two can fit comfortably, I doubt the comfort with three. As the arm rest is bulged out, could be a matter of discomfort to the middle person.

I notice that, The driver would have a big problem while reversing the car, as boot is high mounted, Just like SX4. I wonder how people manage to reverse the car in cramped parking places.

I have seen the Dezire vdi version, but felt Zdi is also VFM. The ZDI costs almost 1 lac more than the VDi version, but looking at the features provided in it, i felt it as VFM. Zdi has following features than vdi

Dezire ZDI : Auto climatic control AC, air bags P/D, Tilt steering, Alloy wheels with 185/70 R14 Tires, ABS and EBD, Rear Defogger, Hight adjustable seat.
That's all i could think of.
With all these additional features ZDI seems to be a better bet. Fixing these features outside would cost way too much. Though the VDI comes with an option of ABS and EBD, the cost would increase.

Hope you guys like my review, correct me if am wrong anywhere.
udaykars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008, 11:36   #228
Senior - BHPian

I feel the uniformity in the test drive car across the country was started from the swift diesel days.I liked the decals very much.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008, 12:54   #229
BHPian

Saw a Dzire last evening. Somehow, I still hold the same opinion, that it looks odd. With the Swift, the rounded looks all around made it look like a tubby little baby, which was OK if not outstanding for a car. But this sleek boot at the rear did not gel with the rest of the shape for me.

Just my opinion. Do not mean to hurt people liking it and planning to buy it.
prabuddhadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008, 13:07   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have seen the Dezire vdi version, but felt Zdi is also VFM. The ZDI costs almost 1 lac more than the VDi version, but looking at the features provided in it, i felt it as VFM. Zdi has following features than vdi

Dezire ZDI : Auto climatic control AC, air bags P/D, Tilt steering, Alloy wheels with 185/70 R14 Tires, ABS and EBD, Rear Defogger, Hight adjustable seat.
That's all i could think of.
That's lot of difference.. difference between SX4 vxi and SX4 zxi (without leather) is just around 70K.. so, not so confirmity in the price of trim levels in dzire
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008, 15:15   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
That's lot of difference.. difference between SX4 vxi and SX4 zxi (without leather) is just around 70K.. so, not so confirmity in the price of trim levels in dzire
I think they wanted to give some breathing space for SX4 VXi, and price the ZDi above it.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2008, 19:30   #232
Senior - BHPian

Post Swift Dzire

Went to competent motors in moti nagar delhi. Waiting Line was there for TD of DzIre ZDi. Finally When My Turn came, This guy in red shirt took me into the car and started to tell me about the car a bit.

When I drove the car, my initial reaction was its good. I havent driven a Swift Before so this car was like good. Tall and good driving position. Me being 6'2" had to push the seat back fully. So the guy behind me was like crunched. Ie. THe leg space is too small. The boot space was good enough. The handling was good. The braking was good, One could feel safe with ABS. The music system was good. Even the air-con was good.

Now comes the sad part. I asked the guy on the 0-100 kmph speed, mileage. He returned me figures of 6 sec and 25.

I told him even the fastest Indian Production car ( Stock vRs ) had around 8.5 Secs. and the SX4 around 10-11 secs. He still said it is 6 sec. Damn man. He told me a waiting time of 6 months on any variant. With Executives like this and waiting time this long, I think it will be a let down and people will shift to other options.

P.S. The white colour looks good and so does the front grille and the boot lip and tail lights.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2008, 19:43   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
...With Executives like this and waiting time this long, I think it will be a let down and people will shift to other options.
I have never trusted the salespersons as far as their knowledge of the cars is concerned. They are there just to give you their business card and take yours.

If they start saying 6 months for waiting period, better buy another car while waiting for this one.

BTW, I saw a black Dzire ZDi on the road today - probably the first ever to land on the road (an HR regn.)
kkdelhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2008, 20:10   #234
BHPian

Contact Maruti, some dealers are trying to frustrate customers to get on money (premium for faster delivery)from customers.
liberal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2008, 21:12   #235
BHPian

6 seconds is more like a 0-60 kmph figure
Magma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2008, 21:23   #236
Senior - BHPian

0-100 in 6 sec !! ... 6 months waiting period is ridiculous.
I heard waiting period is not as bad as Swift Hatchback. Even waiting period
for Hatchback has improved. waiting period more than 1 month is
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2008, 21:29   #237
BHPian

yes,the waiting period has reduced here in delhi.marketing times was ready to deliver hatch in 25 days .
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2008, 22:00   #238
Senior - BHPian

abhnav, no carsalesman is actually interested in cars. They just think of it as a product to sell. I am sure there is no maruti salesman anywhere in India who could give you such figures on the fly. He simply does not expect such questions. He got his math mxed up with the waiting time, OTR price etc. Forgive him.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2008, 23:19   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
BTW, I saw a black Dzire ZDi on the road today - probably the first ever to land on the road (an HR regn.)
I also saw a Black HR regd. Dzire opp. Mercedez Benz Showroom in Moti Nagar
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2008, 23:36   #240
BHPian

Default Swift Dzire- Test Drive

Went to apra auto today to have a look at the swift dzire
the car is almost the same from the front as everyone knows
For me the most killer thing was the huge boot

I Own a Swift Vdi so after taking the test drive felt there was no need at all

It has the same amount of the push you get in the swift after it crosses 2000 rpm.

The only difference was that of the abs which really doesnt let the car skid at high speed as my swift is a non abs

There was one more thing that onw would get used to is the reversing
as the back trey is bent upwards

The turning angle is absolutely fabulus and is a really good buy

Will definately convince my dad to buy this car when i replace my palio at the end of this year

Moderator's note: Thread merged with existing topic

Last edited by theMAG : 31st March 2008 at 00:01.
hbkamit is offline   Reply With Quote