Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th March 2008, 10:08   #106
Team-BHP Support

How were the reviews at the Auto shows during the weekend ? Did anyone happen to watch TopSpeed ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 11:01   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
How were the reviews at the Auto shows during the weekend ? Did anyone happen to watch TopSpeed ?

The Dzire was featured on the Car&Bike show on NDTV yesterday. The guy said the car looks acceptable and shares the hatch's ride/handling characteristics. He also said the Diesel version is a lot more FTD than the petrol.

But it is clear that the rear legroom issues have been inherited by the sedan too. They did mention about the inclination of the rear seat having been altered but it wasn't highlighted as improving rear seat legroom/comfort. Another weird thing they pointed out was that the boot's support levers intrude significantly into the boot space when closed, thereby reducing the boot's usability (i.e. for large pieces of luggage).
spindoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 11:21   #108
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> But it is clear that the rear legroom issues have been inherited by the sedan
> too. They did mention about the inclination of the rear seat having been
> altered but it wasn't highlighted as improving rear seat legroom/comfort.

The peek I had does show that the rear seat back is inclined more than that of the hatch. With no increase in wheelbase, it is difficult for the knee room to be increased. So though your posture may be better due to the inclination, the cramped feeling may not be alleviated.

Moreover, when the inclination is more, you tend to stretch your legs more to be comfortable and so the net result could be an uncomfortable position on a long journey.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 11:28   #109
Senior - BHPian

The rear looks good, but doesn't gel with the Swiftish front! Looks weird for a sedan!

Last edited by finneyp : 24th March 2008 at 11:31.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 11:38   #110
Senior - BHPian

Looks better than expected. I don't think there was such a high expectation on the design front anyway. The VFM is what it offers.

Why would this kill the Swift brand ? The hatch is different and needs are different. Looks a little swiftish ? It has the name swift in it.
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 11:38   #111

aweful design..they could have continued with esteem itself. The car looks pathetic. frontal looks don't gel with overall.
san_pandey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 11:53   #112
BHPian

The rear looks okay but why didnt they do something with the front..atleast they could have tried something else with the head lamps and the blunt drop bonnet in the front..I feel the older esteem with a little bit of remodelling would have done better..This is just my opinion so guys who like the Dzire's looks dont flame me ..
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 12:04   #113
tez
BHPian

just curious to know how would TBHP rate Dzire in looks when compared to Indigo and Logan.
Lets have the most ugliest car award in the segment.
tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 12:13   #114
BHPian

I saw the car in a dealer stockyard in bangalore. The top ZXi and ZDi models get beige colored interiors for the doors and the seats. The rear looks like a BMW and had some nice curves to it. The tail lights looked good too! VXi and VDi models get an integrated stereo as well
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 12:34   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I saw the car in a dealer stockyard in bangalore. The top ZXi and ZDi models get beige colored interiors for the doors and the seats. The rear looks like a BMW and had some nice curves to it. The tail lights looked good too! VXi and VDi models get an integrated stereo as well
Thats nice. Even the VXI and VDI with an integrated stereo ? What about the steering controls ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 14:05   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Thats nice. Even the VXI and VDI with an integrated stereo ? What about the steering controls ?
These models do not have the steering wheel controls, but since the stereo is the same, it may be possible to add these at a later stage
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 16:24   #117
BHPian

Is the Car & Bike show timing changed? I could no longer see it at 10.30 pm on Sunday, my usual time?
thalavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 16:28   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Is the Car & Bike show timing changed? I could no longer see it at 10.30 pm on Sunday, my usual time?
I saw it yesterday at 2:30pm in the afternoon.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 16:39   #119
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, it looks awfull. That slanting roofline for a Sedan is an absolute no-no. But I guess it'll sell anyway.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 16:52   #120
BHPian

IMHO, the rear looks really bad. The boot lid projecting above the rear lights doesnt look good. Just like Honda City brought in the change at the rear, Maruti also will come up with a design change.

But the boot lid projecting like that would have given more space inside the boot. That is the only plus point, I guess.
carlover98 is offline   Reply With Quote