Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2008, 19:04   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Run off to the nearest temple and get that nimbu-mirchi as soon as possible.

Max! You sure are a tease. Stop it now. Or I'm gonna drive down to Trissur now.
you dont have to , am coming tomorrow. Waiting for your Idukki Adventure pics .


Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
WOWW! Must be the shiniest Cedia on the forum!



Get a set of nimbu mirchi ASAP!! Let that be your first "mod".
now thats an affordable mod
Attached Thumbnails
MaxBhp's Mitsubhishi Cedia Sports - 27000 Kms Update-6.jpg  

MaxBhp's Mitsubhishi Cedia Sports - 27000 Kms Update-5.jpg  


Last edited by maxbhp : 26th March 2008 at 19:13.
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 20:41   #62
BHPian
 
bIte tHe bulLet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 438
Thanked: 242 Times
Default

max my man -

shineeeeee set of wheels dude. congrats and hope she gives you much pleasure!!!!

i take it you are on your way to OUR parts of the world ... look forward to you getting here and then we could meet up and exchange note(s) - pun intended!!


or have i got it terribly wrong and you are already in OUR part of the world?

cheers dude and drive safe.
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 00:25   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
max my man -

shineeeeee set of wheels dude. congrats and hope she gives you much pleasure!!!!

i take it you are on your way to OUR parts of the world ... look forward to you getting here and then we could meet up and exchange note(s) - pun intended!!


or have i got it terribly wrong and you are already in OUR part of the world?

cheers dude and drive safe.
Zaanku. Will reach there in June.Am looking forward to meeting people like you .
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 01:40   #64
BHPian
 
artofzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: VOCI-LHR
Posts: 735
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Congrats!!!!!. Patience Pays!!!.
Beautiful car.How I would love to lay my hands on one.
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 02:24   #65
BHPian
 
gamerno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Andheri (w), Mumbai
Posts: 408
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Congrats maxbhp. She looks B E A UUUUUUUUUUUUTIFULL. It is my 'dream' car as well :-)
Happy Motoring!
gamerno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 09:05   #66
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,745
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

max! will you be joining our karting meet this sunday evening at nedumbassery? we could all get a closer look at the car!
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 10:41   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,652
Thanked: 599 Times
Default

In my recent trip to Kochi, somehow I felt Mitsu has a great presence in this City...
neoonwheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 11:33   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,875
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Its definitely leagues ahead of anycar in its price bracket and it has a good balance of ride and handling but I feel mondeo's setup to be better.

Amitoj , its not at all soft .
Definitely a great handler, but I felt it doesn't provide the same level of feedback to the driver that its earlier avatar, the Lancer, did. Handles beautifully, and is very balanced, but felt a bit "neutral" to me. I think some stiffer springs will take care of that and make it super fun to drive
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 11:44   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
reignofchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,224
Thanked: 1,176 Times
Default

The springs on the cedia are a bit too soft imho. Probably done for ride quality in india where the roads are all potholed. I drove a lancer ralliart in the US and that had a much stiffer suspension setup for sure. Razor the feedback can always be improved once the rubber is changed. I guess you are comparing it to your lancer which has Michelin PP2s. The difference in feedback between the stock rubber and the michelin PP2s is shocking to say the least. On stock rubber which is really poor, the steering does feel a bit light and disconnected.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 13:27   #70
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,025
Thanked: 3,483 Times
Default

MaxBHP, ocngrats on the 'new' car.
It looks best in black, although the red is also a good choice.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 14:13   #71
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,875
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Razor the feedback can always be improved once the rubber is changed. I guess you are comparing it to your lancer which has Michelin PP2s. The difference in feedback between the stock rubber and the michelin PP2s is shocking to say the least. On stock rubber which is really poor, the steering does feel a bit light and disconnected.
You're right about the feedback improving with better rubber (I think max already has that planned). Stiffening the suspension would definitely improve the feel of the car even more.
Regd the comparison with a Lancer, I was thinking about my car before it was upgraded. Even in bone stock form, it was a great handler with terrific feedback (better than the Cedia IMHO). With PP2s + Pedders, it's improved even more.

Just my 2 cents. Others may have differing opinions.

Last edited by razor4077 : 27th March 2008 at 14:14.
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 23:50   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

@Max, *with tears in eyes* stop torturing me with these pictures. Please, please
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 13:25   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
Congrats!!!!!. Patience Pays!!!.
Beautiful car.How I would love to lay my hands on one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerno1 View Post
Congrats maxbhp. She looks B E A UUUUUUUUUUUUTIFULL. It is my 'dream' car as well :-)
Happy Motoring!
Thank you Nash . So how is work and when are you heading back to God's own country ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
max! will you be joining our karting meet this sunday evening at nedumbassery? we could all get a closer look at the car!
Not sure Ripper , Sunday is the day of marriages :-( .


Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Definitely a great handler, but I felt it doesn't provide the same level of feedback to the driver that its earlier avatar, the Lancer, did. Handles beautifully, and is very balanced, but felt a bit "neutral" to me. I think some stiffer springs will take care of that and make it super fun to drive
I feel the same but the driving position is spot on and more over I have kept stiffer springs in my upgradation plans. check my first post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
MaxBHP, ocngrats on the 'new' car.
It looks best in black, although the red is also a good choice.
Thankyou bens. Red looks amazing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
You're right about the feedback improving with better rubber (I think max already has that planned). Stiffening the suspension would definitely improve the feel of the car even more.
Regd the comparison with a Lancer, I was thinking about my car before it was upgraded. Even in bone stock form, it was a great handler with terrific feedback (better than the Cedia IMHO). With PP2s + Pedders, it's improved even more.

Just my 2 cents. Others may have differing opinions.
Yes am shifting to S drives . and am replacing the stock ones with stiffer springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@Max, *with tears in eyes* stop torturing me with these pictures. Please, please
One more and am stoping and the title for the snap is
"The Key to my happiness"
PS : Sorry for the image quality.Its totally out of focus.
Attached Thumbnails
MaxBhp's Mitsubhishi Cedia Sports - 27000 Kms Update-7.jpg  

maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 15:31   #74
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,875
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Yes am shifting to S drives . and am replacing the stock ones with stiffer springs.
That's great man. Have you decided what springs you're getting?
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 15:36   #75
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
That's great man. Have you decided what springs you're getting?
Nope but I have almost decided on which bank to apply loan for pimping my ride .
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cedia Spirit relaunched as cedia sports basic at Rs. 9,30,000 sidindica The Indian Car Scene 42 4th August 2010 00:16
Cedia Sports - report and photos EDIT - Now updated till 10000 Kms VMG Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 30 17th April 2010 18:43
Ford Ikon 1 year 9 months 27000 km dkhatau Long-Term Ownership Reviews 3 19th May 2008 16:03
Cedia Sports - 4200KM update VMG Long-Term Ownership Reviews 5 13th May 2008 09:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks