Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th April 2008, 12:59   #151
Senior - BHPian

Extended Warranty is offered by Maruti, not the dealer. And it is cheaper to buy 4th year warranty when the car is bieng purchased, you have to pay more later.

Whatever else the dealer is saying is bull SHXT !

Escalate to Maruti if the delaer refuses to offer 4th year warrantly upfront.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 23:00   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Apra motors, Gurgaon, says 7 month delivery period .
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
:
Can you belive that in this coustmer oriented market also Navneet motors - Thane told me they will take min. 6 months to deliver the car????

this is the only thing i can do to maruti

This is always been a case with maruti (Sx4, WegonR, New Zen and the list is so on and on....)
A friend of mine is on the lookout for a petrol DZiRE. One dealer in Chennai has quoted a waiting period of 5 months while all others say 2 to 3 months with no definite date promised! He is seriously contemplating looking at some other car; its the VFM of the DZiRE and the reliability of Maruti that is still preventing him from excercising that option.
Murugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 17:56   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
A friend of mine is on the lookout for a petrol DZiRE. One dealer in Chennai has quoted a waiting period of 5 months while all others say 2 to 3 months with no definite date promised! He is seriously contemplating looking at some other car; its the VFM of the DZiRE and the reliability of Maruti that is still preventing him from excercising that option.
I am sure maruti will soon handle the situation. The dealers are right now telling the expected waiting time based on the vehicles they are receiving as of date.
Nakul Kishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 10:09   #154
BHPian

Hi Murugs,
That was a good one, and I am sure glad that I smelled a rat and didn't fall for it! Anyway, congrats on your new purchase, and I hope it fulfills all your desires! By the way, is it a diesel?
brainscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 23:05   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainscooper View Post
Hi Murugs,
That was a good one, and I am sure glad that I smelled a rat and didn't fall for it! Anyway, congrats on your new purchase, and I hope it fulfills all your desires! By the way, is it a diesel?
Well Shankar, you must be one cool cat to have "smelled a rat!" Like I mentioned in my post - its a petrol.

Hope you are scooping brain lesions and not brains! cheers:
Old 30th April 2008, 09:40   #156

Congrats Murugan...
Have booked a Vxi myself.. awaiting delivery... its getting delayed with no commitment.
Got a quick query.. Does the music system come with a remote in Vxi ?

Cheers.. enjoy the dzire.
ashishpodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2008, 13:49   #157
rubeus

congrats on you new buy. there are so many people waiting for that dream car and you are a lucky man.
Old 4th May 2008, 23:27   #158
BHPian

Default DZiRE mileage update - 1st service suggestions please

Update on DZiRE Vxi mileage: 10.696KMs/Lt of unleaded petrol in the same conditions mentioned in a previous post.

The 1st free service is due. Debating between going to
a. the dealer's service center
b. 'Service Masters' - apparently run by Maruti engineers directly

Considering the latter seriously since the DZiRE is a new product and the dealer's service department may not be as familiar as 'Service Masters' or am I wrong? Any suggestions?
Old 5th May 2008, 23:41   #159

hi guys! posting on this forum after a long while. Bought my first maruti.Fortunately it was a DZIREvxi. Silky silver. Bought the car in Port BLAIR. got it for an onroad price of 5.24 lacswhich I guess must be the cheapest in India. or at least one of the cheapest. "Agency House", the dealerfrom whom I bought the car provided Some great service. As it was in thefirst lot I did not have to wait for any period before getting the car in hand. Bundled accessories included Teflon coating, underbody paint, floor mat, perfume and car cover. Unlike my last dealer (Pandit Auto in Pune from whom I had bought an Indica) this dealer sat down with, me and explained the nuances of the car down to the smallest detail. I am quite happy with their work.
But as luck would have it I could drive the car only for a couple of days before I was ordered to move out to Goa for a couple of weeks to that I can" get my hand back on flying." Sitting in a cockpit after a gap of two years is surely going to be an experience.
I am quite happy with the car and there are no problems with it per se except for a few minor design deficiencies. Rear view through the inside mirror is quite restricted because of the high boot. Some important buttons on the driver's console lack background illumination. Although at first the music system appeared to be a bit drab I realized hat it was because of the poor quality of DVD inside. Hopefully I will get to go back earlier than planned so that I can get my hands back on the car
antony5279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 01:21   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
Another view is that maybe Maruti wants to put its best foot forward by providing diesel as test drive vehicles. Maruti is not providing any better delivery dates for diesels if it indeed wanted to cash in on the profit margins.

Reviews online which say that a diesel is more fun to drive than the petrol, petrol needs to be revved hard to have some spirited drive & petrol dzire is not as peppy as its predecessor Esteem.

Is petrol Dzire recommended only for staid driving?
I dont know the Dzire is diesel is grossly underpowered in lower ranges. My Friend got a ZDi delivery last week. First impressions: The car feels without power before 1600RPM with AC on.
A lot of vibration could be felt on gear knob. Vibrations could also be felt when driving between 40-70 on fifth gear. The car drives smooth on higher RPM. wonder how the car will survive steep uphill climbs on the hills.

I liked the automatic climate control but the A/C takes time to cool.
Steering mounted controls well that should be in every car. The stereo is fine if not good. Overall the feel ofthe car is better than Logan, drives way better and the controls are driver centric making it a true driver's car.
The car feels lighter from the doors and the dicky feels it will puncture with a lightest pinch, Maruti has reengineered the quality of steel sheets possibly thinner than all others. Still the car is worth every penny looking at the specs, Climate controls, Air Bags the must life savers, steering mounted controls for the drivers who love to her the right music without interrupting driving. ABS for control on any road conditions.

At the passenger side certainly liked the drive
aushdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 07:08   #161

Evrything Seems to be OK in Suzuki Dezire..but what about the tyres..they look like Bullock cart wheels. I think this is to give more fuel economy. Alto tyre would look better on it I think.
THELUCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 22:43   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antony5279 View Post
hi guys! posting on this forum after a long while. Bought my first maruti.Fortunately it was a DZIREvxi. Silky silver.

Bundled accessories included Teflon coating, underbody paint, floor mat, perfume and car cover.

Although at first the music system appeared to be a bit drab I realized hat it was because of the poor quality of DVD inside.
Congrats on your new car!

Thats an amazing list of freebies. I did not get the teflon coating, underbody paint, perfume and car cover in the package. Did you get 3rd year extended warranty in the package?

Your DZiRE Vxi plays DVDs?! Have to check mine; I thought it only plays audio, WMA and MP3 CDs.
Old 7th May 2008, 18:15   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Congrats on your new car!

Thats an amazing list of freebies. I did not get the teflon coating, underbody paint, perfume and car cover in the package. Did you get 3rd year extended warranty in the package?

Your DZiRE Vxi plays DVDs?! Have to check mine; I thought it only plays audio, WMA and MP3 CDs.
I got the perfume Dealer indicated that there _may_ be a default factory coating of teflon/underbody coat. Never bothered to verify.

3rd year warranty was included in their OTR price. Upgraded it to included the 4th year as well.

I too didn't know that the system could play DVDs. Kinda assumed that it'd only play CDs. Will have to check it out.
sudhirlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 21:54   #164

sorry... the DZIRE DOES NOT PLAY A DVD.

i was using the handwriting recognition software in my computer instead of typing and what came out was "DVD" though it was not intended. apologies.
but just in case someone does find out that his car plays a DVD do let me know

i got a 4 year warranty with the car. was included in the price
antony5279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 11:45   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antony5279 View Post
hi guys! posting on this forum after a long while. Bought my first maruti.Fortunately it was a DZIREvxi. Silky silver. Bought the car in Port BLAIR. got it for an onroad price of 5.24 lacswhich I guess must be the cheapest in India. or at least one of the cheapest. "Agency House", the dealerfrom whom I bought the car provided Some great service. As it was in thefirst lot I did not have to wait for any period before getting the car in hand. Bundled accessories included Teflon coating, underbody paint, floor mat, perfume and car cover. Unlike my last dealer (Pandit Auto in Pune from whom I had bought an Indica) this dealer sat down with, me and explained the nuances of the car down to the smallest detail. I am quite happy with their work.
But as luck would have it I could drive the car only for a couple of days before I was ordered to move out to Goa for a couple of weeks to that I can" get my hand back on flying." Sitting in a cockpit after a gap of two years is surely going to be an experience.
I am quite happy with the car and there are no problems with it per se except for a few minor design deficiencies. Rear view through the inside mirror is quite restricted because of the high boot. Some important buttons on the driver's console lack background illumination. Although at first the music system appeared to be a bit drab I realized hat it was because of the poor quality of DVD inside. Hopefully I will get to go back earlier than planned so that I can get my hands back on the car

Congrats for your new car. Let us know the mileage figures as and when possible.
Nakul Kishan is offline   Reply With Quote