Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th April 2008, 04:00   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_aheer View Post
Will you please help me where do you have register the complaint as I have also registered the complaint on Maruti Web site. Proper response still awaited .
1) Call up the customer care guy.
2) Shout, shout, shout !!
2) Ask for his supervisor.
3) Shout, shout, shout !!
4) Register a complaint mentioning that you were forced into paying the entire amount upfront. Show your interest in the cancellation of your booking.
5) Shout, shout, shout !!
6) Insist on a complaint number (Very important)
7) Don't shout. Its your throat.
8) Bear with his sympathies.
9) Wait for your dealer to call you.

And in case he asks you to get in touch with the regional office, don't buy his crap. The regional office guys here are the biggest jerks. They will take down your complain and do just nothing.
mentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 00:40   #107
BHPian

Default Paint-job Blow-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Does Dzire has more lagroom compare to Swift ?
Apparently no; but they say that the inclination of the rear seat has been increased and there are opposing views on whether this is good or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
Does Dzire come with a security alarm that goes off if someone opens the door with a different key?
The Vxi model that I have has a remote for locking/ unlocking; am sure the security system will raise an alarm. By the way, how can someone open the door with a different key? Beats me.

In addition to the above, all Marutis have 'iCATS' - Intelligent Computerised Anti-Theft System. To quote from the DZiRE pdf, 'Intelligent, Computerised Anti-Theft System checks the key for the correct code before allowing the engine to start. It prevents vehicle engine from starting, even if a duplicate (mechanical shape) key is used.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
Are u planning to get alloys?
No. May be in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Did you check the headlight adjustment knob? Maybe it's set to max load. If you are alone in the car keep it at '0' or '1'.
Even at position '0' I am not sure if the 'high beam' is sufficeintly high. May be that is how high the beam should be according to current safety standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Are there any petrol test drives vehicles in the showroom, when I enquired there were only diesel vehicles.
As of now only diesel test drive cars. May be Maruti has a bigger profit margin on the diesels and hence it is marketing them more aggressively!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Please update how the car performs and follow the run-in periods. enjoy driving
One quick question: How is the steering response during cornering ?
Will do. Yes, following the run-in period diligently. Steering response - feels ok with the conservative driving that I am doing. Not trying any imaginary or real slaloms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirst4torque View Post
Congrats on the new car. Do u mean the rough finish on the running board? If yes, then nothing to worry. Its done on all the swifts. My car has it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Congrats on the car! Yes, the so called 'eruptions' in the lower body is designed to keep off dust (or other purposes). It is there in my SX4 too. But it have a thick plastic coating above the erruption (or matte finish).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratz Murugan nice car and color.

The rough bit on the running board is to make it wash friendly, ie stubborn stains can be removed without worrying about scratches. Most of the new age cars have this, its a kind of plastic mix coating which does some sound deadening as well as running board protection.
I dont know if it is a consolation that the Swifts and SX4s are having it; the sales executives gave me similar replies.

Please see the pics below and advice. These pics are from the test drive car and the ones on mine are similar.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Swift DZire - delivery on 7th April 2008 - some observations-dzirepaint.jpg  

Maruti Swift DZire - delivery on 7th April 2008 - some observations-dzirepaintcloseup.jpg  

Maruti Swift DZire - delivery on 7th April 2008 - some observations-dzirepaintcloseup-zoom.jpg  

Last edited by Murugan : 14th April 2008 at 00:44. Reason: Removed one photo which looked similar to the 3rd
Murugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 09:12   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
As of now only diesel test drive cars. May be Maruti has a bigger profit margin on the diesels and hence it is marketing them more aggressively!
Another view is that maybe Maruti wants to put its best foot forward by providing diesel as test drive vehicles. Maruti is not providing any better delivery dates for diesels if it indeed wanted to cash in on the profit margins.

Reviews online which say that a diesel is more fun to drive than the petrol, petrol needs to be revved hard to have some spirited drive & petrol dzire is not as peppy as its predecessor Esteem.

Is petrol Dzire recommended only for staid driving?
liberal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 09:48   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentos View Post
1) Call up the customer care guy.
2) Shout, shout, shout !!
2) Ask for his supervisor.
3) Shout, shout, shout !!
4) Register a complaint mentioning that you were forced into paying the entire amount upfront. Show your interest in the cancellation of your booking.
5) Shout, shout, shout !!
6) Insist on a complaint number (Very important)
7) Don't shout. Its your throat.
8) Bear with his sympathies.
9) Wait for your dealer to call you.

And in case he asks you to get in touch with the regional office, don't buy his crap. The regional office guys here are the biggest jerks. They will take down your complain and do just nothing.
I dont thing shouting is a civilised way of getting your way (but it works many times in Indian context).

Maruti is clearly not backing up the dealers with their commited delivery dates, it has happened in the past with Swift diesel & SX4 where waiting was extended.

A buyer unless desperate should avoid giving entire payment upfront, unless the dealer commits the delivery date on letter head and penalty for delays.

Till the time Maruti makes the booking process transparent and delivery schedule trackable we will keep having such and many scenes of customers kept waiting due to delays from manufacturer or unscrupulous dealers selling alloted car to premium paying customers.

Last edited by liberal : 14th April 2008 at 10:06.
liberal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 14:02   #110
BHPian

Quote:
I dont know if it is a consolation that the Swifts and SX4s are having it; the sales executives gave me similar replies.
I've noticed this too, it is on all Swifts and SX4. I looked under all swifts & sx4s that were at the dealer's yard when I went to pick up my SX4 and all of them had the same finish.
gt_bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 14:44   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Please see the pics below and advice. These pics are from the test drive car and the ones on mine are similar.
Yup same stuff i was referring to, its normal and useful.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 18:33   #112
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Assurance given by the AGM Sales Apra . Vehcile will be provided with in two three days. Lets hope for the good . Charm of pruchasing new vehicle is now little fainted .
pankaj_aheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 19:01   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.... all Marutis have 'iCATS' - Intelligent Computerised Anti-Theft System. To quote from the DZiRE pdf, 'Intelligent, Computerised Anti-Theft System checks the key for the correct code before allowing the engine to start. It prevents vehicle engine from starting, even if a duplicate (mechanical shape) key is used.'
for the checking of the code, i think the battery has to be started. Is it possible (not possible) to do the 'dhakka start'. That is slot it in the 2nd, depress the clutch, push the car to some distance, leave the clutch the car engine cranks up - this technique works with my car - indica dls 2003. Does this system also provide security against this???
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 18:41   #114
BHPian

I have also paid full amount now. (Had booked Zdi). The waiting period as they say is now 2-3 months. No committment on delivery date though. Does the choice of colour also decides delivery timelines, as I think same colour cars are manufactured in batches and they need some threshold amout of bookings to start building a batch ?
saurabhb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 19:14   #115
BHPian

Default Allotment Number

I have booked ZXI and wait period is 3-4 months.Is there a way to get the allotment number and engine number, How long it will take , I tried Martui customer care, but they guided me to Dealer ... ? Any one got this information from Bangalore dealers?
mdmahesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 19:57   #116
BHPian

What is the waiting period for Zdi model in Bangalore?

Any owners: Can you put FE figures for the DZire diesel?
svel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 07:49   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svel View Post
it is greater than 6 months and booking amount is 1 Lakh, most of the dealers are not taking the booking , they recommend to book VDI
mdmahesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 12:57   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svel View Post
Bimal Indiranagar - 4 to 4.5 months with 50K as booking amount. You can talk to a guy named Rajesh from Bimal. His cell # is 9980139961.

No one in bangalore is ready to take booking for Swift VDI with ABS.
I talked to regional manager and they said they will get a car within 2months. Booking amount is 50K.
I tried for Dzire ZDI and they said its 6 months.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 14:29   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
No one in bangalore is ready to take booking for Swift VDI with ABS.
I booked a Swift VDI ABS with Mandovi Motors through LeasePlan. Tentative delivery date showed a waiting period of 4 Months !!!!
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 14:48   #120
Senior - BHPian

It works on RFid and no amount of dhakka's will start it up as its linked to the ECU and ECU will not let the engine start till the code matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
for the checking of the code, i think the battery has to be started. Is it possible (not possible) to do the 'dhakka start'. That is slot it in the 2nd, depress the clutch, push the car to some distance, leave the clutch the car engine cranks up - this technique works with my car - indica dls 2003. Does this system also provide security against this???
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote