Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th April 2008, 18:39   #121

Could anybody, please, enlighten me on how this Booking thing works with Maruti.
I booked a VDi Dzire on 28.03.2008 at Vipul, Noida with 50K as Booking Amount. The salesman verbally committed a delivery date of 10 April, which he has subsequently shifted to Mid May. I am taking this date as an arbitrarily conjured up date as well, to keep me interested for the time being. I am afraid he might again change this date citing "no deliveries from Maruti" reasons.

1. Do Maruti dealers quote a delivery date on the Booking Receipt or somewhere, which they adhere to ?
2. Do they quote a Booking Serial Number, Engine / Chasis Number anywhere ? What I have received is just a Receipt of 50K booking amount with a Invoice number. With this information, how am I supposed to track the booking / arrival of the car with Maruti Customer Care ?

As someone else pointed out in this forum, the joy of buying a new car is just beginning to die with all these. When my friend booked an i10, he got a Latest Delivery Date written on his Booking Receipt. Why Maruti cannot follow such practice or is it just my dealer ?
prkumar27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 19:34   #122
BHPian

Default Extended Warranty

Looks like MUL is not providing extended warranty for Dzire Zxi. My dealer didn't quote it in the invoice. Are others seeing this as well ?

Also, can one get extended warranty for 3rd & 4th year at any time before original warranty (of 2 years ?) runs outs ? That used to be the case with Tata Motors.
sudhirlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 19:40   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirlp View Post
Looks like MUL is not providing extended warranty for Dzire Zxi. My dealer didn't quote it in the invoice. Are others seeing this as well ?

Also, can one get extended warranty for 3rd & 4th year at any time before original warranty (of 2 years ?) runs outs ? That used to be the case with Tata Motors.
Yes you can. Suggest the earlier the better. After the first 60 days have passed, if you have not taken the extended warranty, thge cost goes up. Can be done when you go for your first service. I've just done it for my Wagon R.
suzuki san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 20:40   #124
BHPian

I got the 3rd & 4th year warranty free for my SX4, even though I didn't ask. I think you can opt it immediately in that case you will save some money.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 22:32   #125
BHPian

Default Dzire Mileage Petrol Vxi

Maruti Swift DZiRE Petrol Vxi mileage 10.267 Kms/Litre - unleaded petrol, tankful to tankful, same petrol bunk, same petrol pump with auto cut-off, cold tyre pressure at recommended 33psi, sedate, non-racy driving style, with AC switched on all the time in Chennai city traffic which is stop & go, bumper to bumper at times. Odometer reading - 450 Kms.
Murugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 06:59   #126
BHPian

dr. murugan...how about some updated pics in daylight
bharanidharang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 09:48   #127
Senior - BHPian

Can someone tell me what is a avrage in Zdi
City
Highway
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 14:43   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirlp View Post

ASk the dealer specifically for the extended warranty. If he refuses, ask him to give it writing and take up the issue with Maruti.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 15:37   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Bimal Indiranagar - 4 to 4.5 months with 50K as booking amount. You can talk to a guy named Rajesh from Bimal. His cell # is 9980139961.

No one in bangalore is ready to take booking for Swift VDI with ABS.
I talked to regional manager and they said they will get a car within 2months. Booking amount is 50K.
I tried for Dzire ZDI and they said its 6 months.
I think even maruti had not foreseen such response to swift dzire. It is a good car. What else can explain such waiting period.
Nakul Kishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 17:15   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
ASk the dealer specifically for the extended warranty. If he refuses, ask him to give it writing and take up the issue with Maruti.

While booking ZXI , my dealer included 3rd year warrantly (2395) in the onroad price.
mdmahesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 17:26   #131
Senior - BHPian

You can get ZDI or ZXI under NRI programme. All you need is a peron who has a NRI account. Give the dealers a check of 1 lac and you will get your car in 2 months.
Rest you pay from your pocket and car will be on your name.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 17:29   #132
BANNED

Is this cheaper or the delivery faster or both?
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
You can get ZDI or ZXI under NRI programme. All you need is a peron who has a NRI account. Give the dealers a check of 1 lac and you will get your car in 2 months.
Rest you pay from your pocket and car will be on your name.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 17:37   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Is this cheaper or the delivery faster or both?
Price will be same but waiting period will come down from 6 months+ to under 2 months
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 19:41   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Incidentally, I called up the 1800 call center and I was told that Dzire extended warranty prices were not yet fixed. I don't know if the guy was bluffing 'cos he didn't know or whether that's indeed the truth.

I'm looking at getting the extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year.
sudhirlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 20:29   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Maruti Swift DZiRE Petrol Vxi mileage 10.267 Kms/Litre - unleaded petrol, tankful to tankful, same petrol bunk, same petrol pump with auto cut-off, cold tyre pressure at recommended 33psi, sedate, non-racy driving style, with AC switched on all the time in Chennai city traffic which is stop & go, bumper to bumper at times. Odometer reading - 450 Kms.
I thought the mileage would be around 12-14 with this car, may be it will improve after 1st & 2nd service.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote