Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th April 2008, 19:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

The Civic is an amazing car! Wish it could be my 1st And 10% interest sounds pretty good a deal. Free insurance would add some icing on the cake! And when will you be receiving the car ?
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 20:10   #17
BANNED

Brilliant !!
When is the delivery date?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayrv View Post
Just back from the dealer (Capitol Honda) after booking my new civic Night Hawk Black color.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 21:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Vijay Congrats !!! Excellent Choice... Well Koyas is good. But now people usually go to RM Decors & Kitup in CBE. Do lemme know if you need further info.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 21:34   #19
BHPian

Congrats. Honda Civic is the best buy this side of 20 Lacs. Only grouse is the low GC and the cost of genuine accessories. Go for the Stanley leather upholstery. If you are ready to spend a packet, then the customisation options are infinite. In my opinion, they are the best in business.

-Harshavardhan
harshavardhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 03:11   #20
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Great choice Vijay.. excellent machine. When is the delivery?

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th April 2008 at 03:23. Reason: Font tags removed
ajibba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 07:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vijay. Great car, great color! Enjoy!
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 11:33   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

If you are buying a premium car, not much to be had through dealership discounts. The haggling fun is only with the banks.
Oh trust me there is a looooooooot to be had from dealership discounts specially on premium cars!
I got 2.5 lakh rupee discount on my accord in 2003...have had friends who got upto 4 lakh discount on their mercs. Although these large numbers come once there is an upcoming model revamp.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 12:38   #23
BHPian

you can try your hands asking for accessories....
yes you already have the beat deal, amke sure the yaer mafg is 2008
Great Car Have fun....
a4_attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 13:52   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@vijayrv.... you will also miss the AUX IN
By the way 15000 for a pair of fog lamps is like daylight robbery!
The AUX IN is now standard in S too nowadays. So no worries on that.
Delivery Date is next monday tentatively, my loan paper needs to get cleared by then

About 15K being daylight robbery - nothin can be done mate. Apparently if you get it fitted outside, then the warranty gets voided. But comparatively it was a good deal because the 15K is being adjusted against the overall 20K discount that has been promised.

Also as someone mentioned the 30K corporate discount that is applicable is available only when you buy the vehicle in the company's name. This is mainly because some of the other components like insurance/tax etc are higher for corporate cars.

The going rate for a number of your choice is 27K in chennai - is this valid? The car dealer says that it is some GO and everyone will have to pay that amount
vijayrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 15:31   #25
BHPian

Quote:

Also as someone mentioned the 30K corporate discount that is applicable is available only when you buy the vehicle in the company's name. This is mainly because some of the other components like insurance/tax etc are higher for corporate cars.
I am not so sure about that, my friend bought a Santro last month and he was given a corporate discount of 7000 rs. The vehicle is very much in his name only (I saw the RC copy). Giving corporate discount only if the car is registered in the company name is not correct IMHO.
anandtheleo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 07:40   #26
BHPian

The civic is such a polished and refined beauty.Enjoy the drive .
needforspeed88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 00:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Good choice.
Civic is the best available complete package car for the price you pay.
Low GC is not a big issue as it is made out to be. Once you are aware, that takes care of it.
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 10:29   #28
BHPian

Good choice of Car. And excellent color choice too. In my opinion after the White, Black looks really good on the Civic. I too, am lusting for the Civic. Took a wildly enthusiastic test drive (Much to the salesman's disapproval) last week from the Siliguri Honda just after taking a test of the Corolla, I found the Civic so much better and simply loved the quality interiors and the engine response.

Wanted to ask in general- Is the Ground clearance issue too much of a problem, say when compared to a Baleno? The brochoure says it's 170mm. I know it can be misleading but it looks pretty allright to me when I bent over and viewed the underside.

Is it that the dampers are too softly sprung and with a full load tends to bottom out too much? My Baleno running on 60 profile tyres probably has a GC of around 160 but even with a full compliment of passengers, it's not too much of an issue.

So, is the problem less than it's made out to be in this forum?
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 00:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations and welcome to the Civic club. There are quite a few threads on the Civic and you should read them to know more about the car and everything else associated with it. She's a beauty and is a dream to drive. Drive her hard and enjoy yourself.

Puffdamgcdragon: The wheelbase is longer in the Civic and so at full loads you can have a problem, even though the GC is 170mm. This is typically on the stupid speed breakers that are there in some place which are abnormally high. Anyways there is a thread on this too !!!!
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 12:48   #30
BHPian

Congrats. As mentioned elsewhere in th forum, if insurance waiver is not happening you can try for atl east no-claim bonus from your old car.

Enjoy the beauty.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote