Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th April 2008, 19:18   #76
BHPian

I asked because I read that someone here got an Autocop free with his order. No, I don't expect the freebies but I want to see what all I can get for my money- the more the merrier
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 19:21   #77

Glad to know that FIAT are finally back in business. I truly believe that Fiat Palio is unmatched in the segment in terms of ride and feel.
Its a great product and deserves a better response from the market. Well I guess the MJD was what it really needed to make it a seller.
jagspabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 20:08   #78
BHPian

maybe Fiat is selling MJD like hotcakes but I am yet to see it in numbers on road I hope that dream turns into reality soon.

Last edited by FERRO : 16th April 2008 at 20:10.
FERRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 21:07   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
Zaks,they are offering only mats and flaps.This time the bookings are quite high that they need not dish out any freebies.Which one you have booked,SDX or SDE.SDE is available without much delay.
When I checked with Concorde today, they told me that the delay is due to the colour. I have booked for the Furnace Red. He said other colours would be available much faster. He is not offerring any freebies other than the mudflaps and perfume.
Prasidhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 22:09   #80
Senior - BHPian

I hope Palio sell more in numbers. This could be true with the Multijet diesel under its hood.
The only reason I wish it sells more is that the more it sells the lesser would be the cost of spares, Lesser the maintanence. It is anyways a very good car.
I am myself arranging for funds for Palio SDX. Was going for 1.6 sport but found it wiser to opt for 1.3 multijet..

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Which Palio are you talking of? 1.2, 1.6 or the 1.9? All three have totally different suspension setups.
This is something surprising to me.

The front suspension setup for all of these, IMO, is the same.

The only difference is the stabilising bar provided for rear suspension in 1.6 sport. I am not sure about 1.9 D.

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st April 2008 at 17:51.
vinit.merchant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 23:06   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Zaks,they are offering only mats and flaps.This time the bookings are quite high that they need not dish out any freebies.Which one you have booked,SDX or SDE.SDE is available without much delay

I have booked the SDX model.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 08:54   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
The front suspension setup for all of these, IMO, is the same.

The only difference is the stabilising bar provided for rear suspension in 1.6 sport. I am not sure about 1.9 D.
its the otherway, rear suspension & stabilizing bar is available in all 1.1 1.2 1.6 1.9D..
front stabilizing bar is not available in 1.1 1.2 ( the newer NV ones, older, before 2003 models of 1.2 has it)... available for 1.6 1.3MJT 1.9D....

FIAT, always....
sanjaymugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 13:07   #83
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Had a chat with the concorde guy in the morning.Still they are unable to commit a date.The problem is the color.90% of the buyers are looking for furnace red and there obviously is a shortage of the same.Grey is the only color available that will also take two weeks.I think fiat never expected such a demand for their vehicle.Good to know buyers still have some faith in fiat.The sales guy told me that many buyers have already started doling out the emi to the bank without having the vehicle in posession.
shebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 16:40   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
its the otherway, rear suspension & stabilizing bar is available in all 1.1 1.2 1.6 1.9D..
front stabilizing bar is not available in 1.1 1.2 ( the newer NV ones, older, before 2003 models of 1.2 has it)... available for 1.6 1.3MJT 1.9D....

FIAT, always....
I guess the front stabilising bar is missing in the recent versions as there is independent suspension proovided for the front, while the rear still works on single suspension for both tyres.
That could be the reason there are no more stabilising bars in the front.
Old 18th April 2008, 00:50   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Hi Aushdeep

I think we both bought our MJDs from the same dealer within a day or two of each other! But I have noticed that while my car (SDE) has clear glass indicator with orange bulbs yours has orange indicators with white bulbs (just compared the pics you posted with mine)!

My impressions after 550 kms of driving my SDE is similar. Clutch travel is longer than some cars but its not so heavy. Turning Radius I have got used to. The fuel meter is just a little below 1/4 so I assume mileage is about 15. God knows how Autocar and BSM got 12 kmpl in the city? Please post your service experience so that we can both benefit from it.

Congrats and may our tribe increase!
Hi Architect,

Never could get your name but I met you at teh showroom to take the delivery of the car. You were the first one and were taking the delivery.

hope you are enjoying the ride as much as i do.
aushdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 01:28   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aushdeep View Post
Hi Architect,

Never could get your name but I met you at teh showroom to take the delivery of the car. You were the first one and were taking the delivery.

hope you are enjoying the ride as much as i do.
Oh, you were there at Vivek Automobiles on 6th Apr with your wife and mother (excuse me, If I am wrong about the two ladies) ? You picked up the Magnesium Grey SDX, right? Cool!

Enjoying the ride?... well 700 kms in 11 days is quite good for city runs, isn't it? Being an architect, my sites are at different corners of the city. This car is great for that... robust, comfortable and runs at roughly Rs 2 / km at present rates of diesel and my mileages. What more can you want except some more peace of mind from the service end? Nothing, I guess. At this rate, probably First Service on this Sunday. Let me know if you plan to do it around the same time (drop me a Private Message if you wish)
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 18:32   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
italian hatch that was never sold in italy,made for third world countries like brazil,south africa and india.
(Maruti) Suzuki selling more in India than its native country. What do we make out of that? !
Old 9th June 2008, 22:05   #88
Senior - BHPian

Hi. Any updates on the latest ownership report ?
Old 18th June 2008, 12:14   #89
BHPian

Palio MJD owners - long term review pleaseeeeeeeee
Proxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 12:38   #90

Default Post 3 months ( 7300 Km Experience)

Well apologies for not having posted since long. was busy driving.

The car is still handling very well, I have driven it to Nainital, Shimla, Bilaspur and where ever I have gone. The car has become very Smooth, drives very well, the economy has also started to peak. It now is running Approx 750-800Km (FE 19-20 Km/Lt)in tankfull and on highway astonishing FE approx 25Km/lt and that is really great since I just managed to drive teh car to shimla over the weekend and return back to delhi and roam around for three to four days and that too without refuelling.

The cabin is still very silent however I regret gettin the gear lock installed as it clutters while driving. probably not installed correctly. I have driven the cars through varied terrains , havent required wheel allignment however while passing on teh nainital highway we hit a real bad pact and I doubted the wheels may loose the camber but it still holds the line. Ir really is a gem cause my 800 required allignment every 3000 Km else the tyres would start to wear.

Recently on The Gt road have been able to pull the car to 150 and it was smooth and still could go faster. The car is very stable and handles astonishingly well. Fiat has done a great job with the car.

Will go to a different service centre this time probably vivek. will keep you all posted on the review so far am enjoying it.
aushdeep is offline   Reply With Quote