Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd June 2008, 14:38   #91
BHPian

thanks for the update,

same engine in another form 1.3 MJT 90bhp VGT, is supposed to deliver even better mileage than 75bhp version.. i am waiting for grande punto..

is the noise levels inside the cabin with windows rolled up bad or has it calmed down. can u compare the same with petrol cars...

FIAT, always...
sanjaymugur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:57   #92
Senior - BHPian

Hey Aushdeep, we bought the car on the same day, same time and you have done 7300 kms in the same time I have done 4300! It seems you have been busy driving while I have been posting on TBHP!

Good to see no troubles so far on your end. And good FE too. I get 15-16 kmpl in the city!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aushdeep View Post
Well apologies for not having posted since long. was busy driving.

The car is still handling very well, I have driven it to Nainital, Shimla, Bilaspur and where ever I have gone. The car has become very Smooth, drives very well, the economy has also started to peak. It now is running Approx 750-800Km (FE 19-20 Km/Lt)in tankfull and on highway astonishing FE approx 25Km/lt and that is really great since I just managed to drive teh car to shimla over the weekend and return back to delhi and roam around for three to four days and that too without refuelling.

The cabin is still very silent however I regret gettin the gear lock installed as it clutters while driving. probably not installed correctly. I have driven the cars through varied terrains , havent required wheel allignment however while passing on teh nainital highway we hit a real bad pact and I doubted the wheels may loose the camber but it still holds the line. Ir really is a gem cause my 800 required allignment every 3000 Km else the tyres would start to wear.

Recently on The Gt road have been able to pull the car to 150 and it was smooth and still could go faster. The car is very stable and handles astonishingly well. Fiat has done a great job with the car.

Will go to a different service centre this time probably vivek. will keep you all posted on the review so far am enjoying it.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 00:10   #93
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default All fiats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I guess the front stabilising bar is missing in the recent versions as there is independent suspension proovided for the front, while the rear still works on single suspension for both tyres.
That could be the reason there are no more stabilising bars in the front.
Please note that all FIATS sold in India including the old 1100D and its later avatars of which I had the Padmini has independent front suspension.
Stabilizer bar is thought of at the design stage of the cars suspension.
Do note that the driving on rails feeling of the Ford Ikon is there even without the stabilizer bar. The Ford people wnated to keep suspension complexity and weight low and hence they went for a stabilizer free suspension design.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 24th June 2008 at 00:14.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 11:23   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Please note that all FIATS sold in India including the old 1100D and its later avatars of which I had the Padmini has independent front suspension.
Stabilizer bar is thought of at the design stage of the cars suspension.
Do note that the driving on rails feeling of the Ford Ikon is there even without the stabilizer bar. The Ford people wnated to keep suspension complexity and weight low and hence they went for a stabilizer free suspension design.
Ford ikon is good on good roads but really bad on bad ones ..LOL.
i have drive my uncle's ford IKON, pretty impressive but not great...

but does not the stabilization bar also help in bad roads, when one of tyres is in a ditch & another one on a plain ground, it helps in coming out better, this, i experienced in my fiat 1.2 a few moths back at sakeshpur ghat section on the way to kukke where the road contruction was not complete.. i had earlier driven my 1.2 ELX NV( NV'do not have stabilization bar at the front) before getting the stabilization bar fitted at green tracks & hence the difference..

with & without stabilization bar is totally different ball game...

FIAT, always....
Old 25th June 2008, 23:30   #95
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Guess what same story with my Junkindica.

I totally agree with you on this. After fixing stabilizer bars on my Junkindica( the first lot of cars did not have stabilizer bars).
The original Indicas had hard springs to compensate for the lack of stab bars and when they added the stab bars (after calling the cars in for routine service) without changing the springs the suspension hardened out too much but which I do not mind as I can take corners faster without too much body roll which is the bane of the present lot of Indicas which have a cushy ride at the expense of confidence inspiring cornering ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
i had earlier driven my 1.2 ELX NV( NV'do not have stabilization bar at the front) before getting the stabilization bar fitted at green tracks & hence the difference..

with & without stabilization bar is totally different ball game...

FIAT, always....

Last edited by drpullockaran : 25th June 2008 at 23:32.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 02:40   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
yes, even i complained to the sales executive about the bad finish of plastics..get an art leather wrap around it as soon as possible..

FIAT, always....
What was his response?
RenuKumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 09:29   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenuKumar View Post
What was his response?
lo cofee you are back on the forum,

the response was the same old story, sir , pl go for the higher end( highest) models where the finish is good,

thats the same thing i have observed in other brands as well as FIAT, higher end models , same components, have better finish...

FIAT, always....
Old 19th August 2008, 16:11   #98
BHPian

Updates please.........we need more information........service cost ? service experience ?

please put in more details........and enjoy your ride
deeps79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 01:55   #99

Hi all, apologies for not having written for long. Now it has been over three months 9500Kms and has been going great.

FE:- I have got nothing to say but recently tried checking it so it was 772 Kms for 36.7 ltrs of fuel which converts to approx 21 kms to a litre . This was in city conditions.

Service: No issues so far . havent paid an ounce excepl 700 bucks for the oil change. The car drives as it was bought.

Spares: No Spares requirement.

Drive feel: as good as new. The engine is now quite silent and drives like a breeze. The car has improved in pick up .

Just one thing in the last service the serve advisor told me not to fill high speed diesel for sometime. He said Normal diesel is more better for the car and trust me ever since i have shifted it to a normal diet it has become very smooth and FE really picked up. Now I do two tank fulls of normal and then one tankfull of High speed since I have no idea why he said this but trust me with normal diet the car runs much better.
aushdeep is offline   Reply With Quote