Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th April 2008, 19:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!!
How much did you pay for alloys, tires and JVC HU?
Is it possible for you to watch videos on the LCD while on the move? or you bought it for your co-passengers..
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 22:55   #17

All the modifications were taken care by Mr. Sanjay of United Motors, Rajajinagar, Bangalore. We have been giving all the vehicles for servicing at United motors and go with their opinion. Sanjay has helped me in getting the modifications done.

I have not yet received the final bill for the modifications that have been done. I am putting the approx prices. I will give the actual break up in 2 days.

Alloys and tires: The alloys were ordered from Delhi and the total cost was Rs. 18K. The Tires were fitted at a showroom on Raj Kumar road and they costed approx Rs. 15K.

ICE: The total cost of HU was Rs. 20500 and the rear camera costed Rs 2.5K. The 4 speakers costed me Rs. 7K.

The combination of JVC HU with Infinity speakers is good, its much better than the Sony HU and speakers in my Baleno and Alto. JVC HU gives the surround sound with Dolby Digital output. The overall effect is good. Also the LCD screen is clear, you will enjoy watching the DVD's and VCD's on it. Its small but the clarity is good. I have fitted the external mic for the bluetooth and the sound and the conversation through it is crisp and clear.

The total cost of all the modifications for Alloys, Tires, HU, Speakers, Camera, Autocop, Sunfilm is approx Rs. 70K.

I am not planning to add the seat covers and i felt that the factory fitted seats were good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Congrats on your new ride.Hows JVC + infinity combination?Is that JVC fitted from showroom or you bought it from another shop?
I have got the ICE setup done outside the showroom. JVC + infinity combination is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Just one question. You own Baleno and Swift both, which one you think is more of driver's car.
Ya Ajay... I would rate Baleno as a drivers car. Swift is good, but cant be compared to Baleno.

In Baleno, you sit low and you have all round good visibility. The independent suspension helps in smoother ride and the vehicle is stable on rough roads. The engine is rev happy and i enjoy pushing it to limits.

In Swift, you sit like you sit in a chair. Bit different from Baleno, I have to get used to it. The vehicle is a bit nervous on rough roads, I miss the smoother ride of Baleno. The pickup is better than Baleno if the RPM is above 2K.

Over all Baleno is better if you are not concerned about the petrol bills .

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th April 2008 at 09:08.
atkraju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 08:06   #18
BHPian

Default Why not a Palio MJD?

Why didnt you go for the new palio MJD given that the swift has cramped interiors at the back.anyways congrats on your car.did you take a test drive of the palio atleast?

vignesh

Note From Support Staff: Please take time to type in complete words i.e. use your instead of ur you instead of u
vigneshram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 09:58   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
Why didnt you go for the new palio MJD given that the swift has cramped interiors at the back.anyways congrats on your car.did you take a test drive of the palio atleast?
I did not take the test drive of Palio MJD. Was happy with the Swift. We are having Maruti vehicles from a decade and have not faced any problems with them so I was happy to go with Swift. Palio is a good car, but i was advised not to go for it because of issues with service and the spare parts.

I drive the car alone or with my friends. Mostly the front seats are occupied, so I have no issues with the cramped rear seats. After few years I might have to give importance to the rear seats, until that time I am happy with the front seats .
atkraju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2008, 22:56   #20

can any one tell me which exact model no. of pete,s tuning box will fit my swift vdi.i m getting it from usa.please
vishal0307 is offline   Reply With Quote