Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th April 2008, 23:55   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
Hey, sumobom4, congratulations on your new Swift. Red, or Scarlette as you mention it, looks stunning on this car. It's an excellent car, with great pick-up and amazing side styling. Do drive in the correct gear ratios and it will give you great FE too.

Nice pictures! Ah, that 'new car' feeling! So, you did not get the rims painted black, after all. You were right, those shiny wheel caps will look good on black background.

Enjoy the Swift!
Yeah kk, thanks and you are absolutely right. I am trying to keep the engine revs below 2500 rpm, but it is mainly by instinct as the Lxi does not have a tachometer. I shift up as soon as I feel it wouldn't strain the engine to pull from the higher gear. I will be posting a more detailed initial impressions review after I have munched a few kilometres. Right now my odo has barely reached 90!

As for the rims, we decided to get them painted black during the first service.
sumobom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 16:08   #17
BHPian

Hi,
Wanted to ask you about the parking sensor you have installed. Which brand it is and does it come with warranty? I am also looking one for my car too.
kumar_ranjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 17:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
Hi,
Wanted to ask you about the parking sensor you have installed. Which brand it is and does it come with warranty? I am also looking one for my car too.
The parking sensor sure looks a good make. Please shed some light on it.

Mushroomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 22:05   #19
BHPian

I frankly dont remember the brand of the parking sensor installed. QAll I remember is that is was made by some Pune based company. And it is serving me pretty well.

My first service is now coming up next week. Will post the post-service review then.
Old 25th May 2010, 10:55   #20
BHPian

Well well well, more than 2 years since I posted here! I had gone for my MBA and was completely out of touch with Scarlette. Just been getting reacquainted with her for a month or so after getting back.

The engine seems to have opened up a lot more. She is a lot smoother now and the acceleration is brilliant. She has clocked around 24.5 K on the odo so far, which has included frequent weekend trips to Pune via the Expressway, with an occasional trip to Goa thrown in. Dad says she returns around 11-12 kmpl in the city (Bombay) and 15-16 kmpl on the highway. FE figures have been calculated on full tank to full tank basis with 100% AC on. Servicing has been done regularly as per the recommendation in the manual. Dad has done servicing at Vitesse SS (Prabhadevi). He is quite satisfied with the service there and says that the staff over there is very courteous and gives him a detailed report of the service. Any minor issues are also taken care of immediately. Rims have been painted black and now, the wheelcaps look really good. Dad's idea of getting an LXi makes sense now, as Scarlette is never used without AC so power windows (on VXi) would not have really made any difference.

A couple of weeks ago, I took Scarlette on a drive to Mahabaleshwar via Pune. Touched 145 on the expressway but didn't have the confidence to go any further because of the puny tyres (yes, Dad's still not changed them and I don't think he ever will please and also because of the vague EPS. If only the steering could give me a little more feedback at those speeds, she would be a scorcher to drive! No complaints about the engine though. Absoultely no trouble even at that speed and there seems to be some more juice left after that! But the hilly roads were FUN to drive on. She was completely poised through the corners and ever willing to change direction. This is the single most attractive feature of the SWIFT for me. I guess the placement of the wheels at the corners helps.

Didn't really notice any niggles. I have read a lot about SWIFT owners complaining about rattles in the car but none in Scarlette so far! The AC is still going strong and the gas hasn't needed replacement. I guess I have covered it so far. Do let me know in case you want to know anything else. Sorry, I can't comment about the servicing as I wasn't there at all.

Now, I have shifted to Pune for job and am considering getting my own car after I save enough for downpayment! I have already test driven the Punto, the Dzire and the Jazz. Skoda executive has just called me and will be going for a TD in a few hrs! I am very confused about this but don't want to start a thread in this section until I actually buy. Is there any other place where I can get advice regarding this, or is the right sub-section?

Last edited by GTO : 26th May 2010 at 09:17. Reason: STRICTLY no more than 2 smilies per post please
Old 25th May 2010, 11:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Glad to hear that your car is doing well.
For advice on a new car, please post here:
What Car? - Team-BHP

What have been the maintainance costs so far?
Get the tyres changed to 185/70R14 in a year, once the current ones have worn out. See the difference in the handling and braking then.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 11:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Glad to hear that your car is doing well.
For advice on a new car, please post here:
What Car? - Team-BHP
Thanks for the guidance on the right thread, lamborghini. I will get on to it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
What have been the maintainance costs so far?
Get the tyres changed to 185/70R14 in a year, once the current ones have worn out. See the difference in the handling and braking then.
I agree ...will definitely put my foot down when the tyres are due for a change so that I can properly put my foot down!!!

Last edited by GTO : 26th May 2010 at 09:18. Reason: STRICTLY no more than 2 smileys per post please