Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 18th May 2008, 08:37   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunson View Post
I'll probably escalate all this.
Spoken like a true software professional

Btw, interesting news. I was at RNS, Hosur Road yesterday enquiring about DZire(what's the spelling of that car anyway?) and they said that all TD models(for the sedan) have been pulled out. On enquiring, he was mentioning something about 4 guys from Bimal having expired during a test drive. So, if thats the news being circulated, then, sunson you have to watch out.

[Also, we got some inside news(not through RNS but through a Maruti contact) that the optional ABS was not being provided on new cars.]

OT: RNS - Hosur Road, is such a dirty showroom and the sales agent was hopeless(in terms of car know how). I read a lot about how good RNS is, in this forum, and I was disappointed after going there.
Old 19th May 2008, 10:31   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Spoken like a true software professional

Btw, interesting news. I was at RNS, Hosur Road yesterday enquiring about DZire(what's the spelling of that car anyway?) and they said that all TD models(for the sedan) have been pulled out. On enquiring, he was mentioning something about 4 guys from Bimal having expired during a test drive. So, if thats the news being circulated, then, sunson you have to watch out.
Haha... This reminds me of the cartoon video they used to show on Doordarshan when I was a kid - of how a kid blows up a balloon and the news spreads as though some terrorists have holed up in a house and the police arrives to find a kid crying over a burst balloon.

Bah.
Old 19th May 2008, 15:08   #168
BHPian

@ sunson

U really had a pretty bad accident and should thank all the GODs and all the stars for surviving this!!

If I were u, I will cancel my car booking with imm effect from Bimal. I may love the car, but will certainly not buy it from that dealer.

YOU SHOULD REALLY TAKE THIS MATTER WITH THE MARUTI EVEN IF IT WAS YOUR MISTAKE.

The dealer had no business to manhandle you and demand a blank cheque.

Henceforth, I would, for certain, advice my friends against buying cars from Bimal.
Old 19th May 2008, 16:16   #169
BHPian

Well i think its time we get barbaric about those dealers, and burn down the showroom, and also the dealer.

I think thats the most linient punishment that cud be given to him...

thinkin on something more horrible to do on him, my devil mind has lotsa nasty plans!

But i think you should actually report to Maruti, and they should cancel his dealership. and then go to the police with ur advocate, and say that u have a threat to ur life from that dealer. and if something happens to u, he is to be blamed for that.
Old 19th May 2008, 17:07   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Well i think its time we get barbaric about those dealers, and burn down the showroom, and also the dealer.

sunson never gave any reply about this aspect (what is the action on behavior etc of dealer).
It might just be the over jealous employees trying to save their job. They may be frightened that employer might take action against them).
My feeling is do not jump to conclusions.
I purchased my VDi recently from Bimal - Whitefield, and I am more than satisfied with the experience.
Old 19th May 2008, 19:02   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunson View Post
Haha...

I think I (or all of them) missed a point, DID you ever buy (or take delivery) of that bad-lucked SX4?

I remember the thread started with you booking one, and only after a few days you got time for a TD?

You sound like you are up and away on your hind legs, good for you...

cheers to life..
san...
Old 6th June 2008, 12:29   #172
BHPian

Default Status Update Please

Dear Sunson,
sorry, if i am sounding interrogative. i can't help it, i am a lawyer by profession! Well, jokes apart, it is just that i have been following this thread and am really concerned. It is sad that the Bimal guys have acted in this manner. I have a few questions just to take stock of the situation. I would love it if you could throw light on them.
  1. As it stands, have you given a blank cheque to him?
  2. Has an FIR been filed (a) for the accident; and (b) by you for their harassment?
  3. Have you paid any amount/compensation to them for the accident?
  4. Have you purchased your SX4? If not, had you paid an advance to them for the same? how much? is it refundable?
  5. Have they taken the matter to court? if so, by whom?
Please dont worry, i understand that a large part of tbhpians are with you. Thanks in advance for the response.
Cheers,
Harsha
Old 6th June 2008, 20:04   #173
BHPian

sunson it is really sad to hear about your ordeal.

I remember once in Goa there was a truck driver who banged into a lady in a M800 and was beaten up by the public... Few weeks later I seen the same lady making a dangerous turn off the highway on the same place where the accident took place.

It is really sad that the public gets into the action and beats someone before first understanding the real cause of the accident.
Old 7th June 2008, 11:22   #174
BHPian

I think something is keeping Sunson from replying to many queries raised in this thread. It would be appropriate to close the thread if Sunson can express his inability in this matter.
Old 7th June 2008, 11:41   #175
Senior - BHPian

i see people pouring in so many questions and sunson doesnt reply to them promptly. he doesnt even post the latest updates.
Old 7th June 2008, 11:50   #176
BHPian

The sad part is that instead of checking whether the guys in the car and the rickwallah is alright, they start beating you.Its an ACCIDENT people ! the blame game is to be played later.

When are we going to learn ?
Old 7th June 2008, 12:35   #177
BHPian

O'ryte then. We all seem to have given our opinion on the matter. Although me being late to reply, I guess I can still suggest a couple of things to our "injured, battered and bruised" bhpian.

Ok mate, first things first. It's sad and unfortunate that you met with this incident. We just hope that you are recovering well from the entire eposide of dealers, cops, auto's, the mob, everyone and everything. Don't take matters to heart. This is peanuts in comparasion with other "worse case scenarios". We won't get into that conversation though. What baffles me is
1. What were you really doing when the mob was climbing down on you. You just sat there and took it all? What kind of a man are you? I know you were outnumbered but all you had to do was grab the first person you saw and atjeast land a few jabs on his jaw. That can have a telling affect as in that case, the mob all of a sudden wants to stop the fight rather than get involved. However, I could be wrong but too late to speculate. You took your share of beating and lived to tell the tell.

2. As GTO said, the dealer had no right touching you, what were you thinking there again? You let the mob beat you and then the dealer?
At the end of the day it's just a car that has been damaged which is replacable. Loss of life is not, so how come you let the dealer "forcefully" make you sign things? Are you 16 or what?
Mind you, in case you do go legal, against anyone, these questions would be asked there as well as you would not be the only one with a good lawyer. Money buys the best of lawyers and the judiciary only believes on what it's made to belive and is shown. Facts are twisted way beyond one can imagine and blames are passed on. So, keep in mind these things before you do anything at all. Having said that, i'm not sayin not to go legal. Just saying, think carefully, if this is what you really want and if it's worth the effort.
3. Coming back to your accident. You are saying that it was the car's faulty EPS. What proof do you have, while the dealer has 3 guys of his own sitting with you in the car who will be "forced" if not happy to testify against you? then what? This is considering that we just take your narration to be true and not twisted and fabricated. The way I look at it, you were talking on the cell phone and to avoid the auto, you had to swerve right and you lost the car there. ( you mentioned there were skid marks. A failed EPS will never leave skid marks, braking does)

4. Even if you have given the dealer a cheque, all you need to do is put a stop payment on it but make sure that you have funds in your account to cover that amount. This way, the cheque bouncing things that you are worrieda bout, will be put on another thought process and you can then narrate your incident to the judge. Also, recovering the cheque bouncing money is not that easy as it's made to sound so forget about it and relax. Even if the cheque is returned, let the dealer run after you especially after what you have been through at the hands of the dealer. If you have that kind of money, why not give it to me and let me handle the dealer
5. The only thing that you should be worried about is, the auto guy filing a case against you for rash & negligent driving and you say in your post you were on the phone while you sat in the car. What are you even thinking? don't you know the law about cell phone driving. The news papers are screaming about it every day.
6. The further you push this, the more money you'll have to drain as apparently it's appers to be your fault. Driving with a cell phone, no witnesses to defend you. Crashing the car. Keeping your foot on the accelerator and the dealer guy nudging you off it. I'm not trying to scare you, but just telling you that this is another perspective and maybe, it's worth a thought.

The things that you can do is
1. Simply send a letter to the Maruti guys regarding the dealers behavior. However, I doubt that there's something that will be done, especially the dealer is a "reputed" one or sells a good number of Maruti Cars. If you are hoping that his dealership will be cancelled, think again.However, What this will do is make you have a record to collaborate what you are saying. Make sure it's a regd. letter that goes out and not a e mail.
2. Make sure that a case is not filed against you by the auto-walla. The cops will register the case in no time and your Vit-M will be drained for one reason or the other and considering your temprament, you will end up paying them as well, without having any substantial benefit.
3. Stop watching too many english flicks. Cars just don't Burst out of random. It takes a lot to burst them so chill.

I"m sorry if this sounds rude but I seriously couldn't help but tell you to "WAKE UP" What are you scared of???

Hope things work out well for you.
If you need any advice, don't hesitate to drop in a line here. We all are there to help you out.
Good luck and be careful the next time you go for a test drive
Cheers!
M2S

Last edited by ajmat : 7th June 2008 at 13:56. Reason: removed a potentail profanity
Old 7th June 2008, 16:08   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
1. What were you really doing when the mob was climbing down on you. You just sat there and took it all? What kind of a man are you? I know you were outnumbered but all you had to do was grab the first person you saw and atjeast land a few jabs on his jaw. That can have a telling affect as in that case, the mob all of a sudden wants to stop the fight rather than get involved. However, I could be wrong but too late to speculate. You took your share of beating and lived to tell the tell.

2. As GTO said, the dealer had no right touching you, what were you thinking there again? You let the mob beat you and then the dealer?
M2S
Hmm, I dunno whether you've been at the receiving end of a mob experience or not - but in these cases there is not much by way of "letting them" do this or that. The mob reacts quite unpredictably, and I assure you, from experience, that the prospect of a knife pointed at your face is not a pleasant one.
Old 7th June 2008, 18:04   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
i don't think that you have been at the receiving end in such a mishap. and about your second point, do you think after being bashed n thrashed the whole day, anyone would have the stamina with only his 60yr old father and wife along.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th June 2008 at 04:14. Reason: Possible expletive removed.
Old 7th June 2008, 18:20   #180
Team-BHP Support

yeah sunson, you really disappointed us.
After an accident which wrecked a car and almost killed you, you should have gone on and fought the mob.
Maybe set an example for all of them so they never mess with anyone again.
While at it you should have gone ahead and did something about the oil price hike.
Gone ahead and busted the terrorists network and made India a safer place.

Well actually you did not need to do all that.
You came thru a very unpleasant incident with grace and dignity.
That makes you a hero for me.

Its easy for some one to write and say stuff like control a mob.
But every situation is different.

Glad that the worst is over.
Now all that remains is paperwork.
I pray that this entire episode ends in your favor. Amen.
Closed Thread