Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd June 2008, 23:21   #151
BHPian

@ JCP

Congrats on your new Palio MJD !
jazzy_2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2008, 19:27   #152
BHPian

Default To shebin

Shebin,
Where are the pics of your Palio and its alloys and ICE.

Vignesh
1.2 SIENA ELX
vigneshram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 07:57   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arajand View Post
Er, Zaks, what happened to your car?
My car, she's doing fine. Got my first service done, will update on the experience so far on one of the MJD threads here.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2008, 02:51   #154
BHPian

Default Fiat Instruction manual not received

Almost 4-months now, Fiat Instruction manual not received yet,neither service coupons,however Prerana Motor's got the 1st service done without the coupons.

Thanks Finneyp for the Fiat service mail id,i have sent a detailed mail
amarprusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2008, 11:02   #155
Senior - BHPian

Strange to see a car being sold without a manual.

1. How does one get assured that he has got all the items that come with the car?

2. How does one get assured that the car is performing as per design (how do you read Display indicators on the dash).

3. How does one ensure right oil has been changed and right servicing has been done by the A.S.S.

Not at all professional of FIAT to have released the car without a manual. No sign of manual even after first service is like putting salt to the wound.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2008, 16:42   #156
BHPian

I am going to Book Palio MJD SDX from Concorde Motors. So I queries.

1>Should I expect any discount or goodies while booking Palio?
2> Should I go for the ICE from the Dealer itself or from outside. If outside then from where. What HU and speakers will work out best if I have 15K budget.

Thanks in advance
fiat_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2015, 16:15   #157
BHPian

Default Strange Problem for my Fiat Palio Multijet 1.3 SDX

I am facing weird problem in my car.

1. Suddenly the AC Fan switches on (not the AC, only the fan), even when the switch is off. I tried moving to max and off, it still is blowing in full.

1a. Along with this problem, my tachometer goes to maximum and finally settles around 40 when the vehicle is just idle.

2. My fog lamps doesn't glow even if the switch is on, however it suddenly starts glowing mid way between when i keep the switch off.

3. My cabin lamp glows on when the door is on and refuses to switch off automatically when the door is closed (even after some time), I have to switch off the lamp forcefully.

Any pointer to whom should I approach in Bangalore. Vecto and Concorde just believe in replacing the stuffs without even looking into the root cause.
Prasidhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2015, 18:17   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Strange Problem for my Fiat Palio Multijet 1.3 SDX

That looks as if you have a problem somewhere in the wiring loom and or the ground somewhere. These sort of problems are notoriously difficult to trouble shoot.

Here is what I would do:

You might want to check the Fiat owner forums to see if someone experience something similar and might have a few pointers where to start. Hopefully you find something, otherwise:

1) Check your battery, make sure it gives out sufficient voltage and have its capacity checked to be double sure.

2) Check de positive and negative cable clamps on the battery, undo them, clean them and put them back on preferably with some special electrical grease. Same with the earth/ground connection on the chassis. Follow the black cable to where it attaches to the chassis, undo, clean etc.

3) Check each and every earth/ground connection. You can just look for them, but best is to consult the workshop manual. On a modern car there might be well over dozen of these in all sort of places. Again, disconnect, clean etc. etc.

5.) Find the ECUís and other computers. Disconnect all connectors, clean them, reconnect.

4) Check the wiring looms. This is where it gets tricky, because you might have to open up bits and pieces. Turn the ignition on an put lights, radio, fan etc on. Whilst you explore the wiring looms, gently tug on them and see if any of the lights, fan, radio etc switches on/off. The loom might be damaged, create an earth fault by chaffing against the chassis etc. Look for visual signs of damage, sharp bends, indents etc.

It can be very tedious finding these sort of problems Iím afraid!

Years ago I had something like this on my Jeep Cherokee. Spend a whole weekend on trouble shooting and finally found a chaffed live wire, that whilst driving occasionally touched the chassis and essentially caused an intermittent short circuit with all sort of weird ass problems. Indicators would go off by themselves, lights etc.

Good luck.

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2015, 18:23   #159
Senior - BHPian

In addition to what Jereon advised, please also check the fuse box once. Just unplug and plug all the fuses one by one.

EDIT: When the secondary fan switches on, have you noted the engine temperature? It comes on when the temp gauge reaches a little above the half way mark, irrespective of whether the AC is on or off. This is a non issue and quite normal, at least with my petrol Palio, though the diesel mjd may have a different cut off.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 11th December 2015 at 18:34.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2015, 18:25   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
1a. Along with this problem, my tachometer goes to maximum and finally settles around 40 when the vehicle is just idle.
There is a switch on the clutch pedal and when it goes bad these symptoms occur. Its Part number 46837391 in the below link

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/clutch-ped...lio-stile.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
3. My cabin lamp glows on when the door is on and refuses to switch off automatically when the door is closed (even after some time), I have to switch off the lamp forcefully.
Does this happen for one door or both doors? If its one door then most probably the door switch is faulty, if it happens for both the the roof light must be opened and contacts cleaned.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2015, 23:03   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
There is a switch on the clutch pedal and when it goes bad these symptoms occur. Its Part number 46837391 in the below link

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/clutch-ped...lio-stile.html

Does this happen for one door or both doors? If its one door then most probably the door switch is faulty, if it happens for both the the roof light must be opened and contacts cleaned.
Thanks SunniBoi. I will check the clutch pedal switch... It happens for both the doors. Then it must be the light problem..
Old 24th October 2017, 11:10   #162
BHPian

Default Re: Proud owner of a Red hot furnace Red Palio MJD

Got struck in Wynad Palchuram. My Palio switched off and refused to start. It was cranking. As there was a lot of pile up behind me, i tried cranking continuously and finally cranking also stopped.

A Local mechanic tried to help, he told the problem was with the ignition key assembly and finally ended up in breaking it.

With the help of a couple of Jeeps plying in that route, i managed to tow it to a nearby safe place.

Fiat was conducting a service camp in wynad that day and after checking the vehicle they suggested to move it to the nearest dealership in Calicut.

Any pointers for any flat bed towing service in wynad would help.