Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 19:59   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Hi Zak,
“The Price of the car is going to be increased up by 15-20k after seeing the action taken by Maurit on swift Ldi and others “.I am saying what has been told to me, we both can be lucky if this gets implemented after 2nd week of June.
I don't understand why we have to pay the increased price as my booking was done more than a month ago and at those prices. No, I don't think so. It will most probably be for new bookings if at all.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 22:24   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,619
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

Zaks, I hope you pay the price prevalent at the time of your booking!

But, all Automobile dealers do add-in a clause saying that 'price at the time of delivery will be applicable'. So, don't be surprised if Concorde Motors ask for the revised price.
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 08:29   #93
BHPian
 
Prasidhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Doubts on Rear Window

My rear window glass when opened to its full comes down 75%, remaining 25% is still not going down. When checked with the dealer, he was telling, its a feature of fiat cars. Windows of Maruti 800 used to open completely.

Any idea why is it made that way ?

I remember the windows of Premier Padmini used to be the same way.
Prasidhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 09:13   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

its a safety feature. So that kids at back do not put their head out. I think its there on every car nowadays.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 10:35   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
bottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,489
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
My rear window glass when opened to its full comes down 75%, remaining 25% is still not going down. When checked with the dealer, he was telling, its a feature of fiat cars. Windows of Maruti 800 used to open completely.

Any idea why is it made that way ?

I remember the windows of Premier Padmini used to be the same way.
lack of space. its done that way to avoid having a rear quarter glass
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 16:27   #96
BHPian
 
TomRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin-Bangalore
Posts: 332
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
“The Price of the car is going to be increased up by 15-20k after seeing the action taken by Maurit on swift Ldi and others “.I am saying what has been told to me, we both can be lucky if this gets implemented after 2nd week of June.
I just checked with Prerana Motors, Bangalore. The price increase will be only 4-5k (for Indica and Palio) depending on the ex-showroom price of the model. And they told me that it will be from tomorrow or day-after, not from June 2nd week.

OT: The 20K increase is for Safari LX and VX will be priced ~24k more.
TomRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 20:11   #97
BHPian
 
jazzy_2cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 277
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Mods note: Post deleted. Please remove font/colour tags before posting.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th May 2008 at 20:16.
jazzy_2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 20:38   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 143
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
lack of space. its done that way to avoid having a rear quarter glass
hmm.. i could not get your point. I thought it is a safety feature as explained by gemithomas
kanwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 01:27   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ghaziabad, U. P
Posts: 1,275
Thanked: 444 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
hmm.. i could not get your point. I thought it is a safety feature as explained by gemithomas
I don't think its a safety feature. Its very simple. All rear doors have a portion that curves forward at the bottom to make way for the rear wheels. The rear window glass has to slide down vertically into the space between the door and the inner panel. Sometimes there's not enough space for the whole window to go down because of the rear wheel creating a "cut" into the door. So some car window don't go down all the way.

To prove my point, earlier Ambassadors had a rear quarter glass and the window rolled down fully. In the Padminis without quarter glass, it didn't. Ditto for the Swift (quarter glass-window rolls down fully) and Palio (no quarter glass, half open window).

If you carefully extend or project an imaginary line of the Quarter Glass downwards, it will clear the rear wheels arch and leave a space exactly enough for the window to fit in fully (keeping clearances for locks, sheet metal etc.)
architect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 04:33   #100
Senior - BHPian
 
bottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,489
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
hmm.. i could not get your point. I thought it is a safety feature as explained by gemithomas
as architect said the glass can only roll down a certain amount before it will hit the rear wheel well/arch. other companies get around it by splitting the glass and adding a rear quarter glass so that the rear window rolls down completely. in the palio fiat have avoided the quarter glass and gone for a single rear window glass piece but you dont get to roll it down completely. i find it aesthetically more pleasing compared to having a rear quarter glass but thats a personal opinion
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 07:40   #101
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,964
Thanked: 16,727 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
Its a feature of fiat cars.
Thats what ,most dealers say. Maruti dealers claim its a feature in modern Suzuki's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
its a safety feature.
Thats what companies say. They usually use the 'safety' word when people say its a design flaw causing discomfort (as in travelling with ac off)

Bottle and architect have explained nicely. The door has to give way for the wheel arch leaving no space towards the floor! To further substantiate what they have said-
Name:  maruti800 copy.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  91.5 KBName:  6_3_2008_6_51_6924_phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjphjg copy.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  83.5 KB
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:50   #102
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

I called up the dealer to find out the status and to my surprise he says that the car is in Bangalore and will be sent for registration tomorrow. What! I think and ask him to be sure and he confirms it. I tell him that I have to check it before registration and he is a little annoyed and says what is the requirement for checking pre-registration but I insisted anyway. So I will most probably go tomorrow for checking the same. I have read here of the pre-delivery check list but this I think is when I take the actual delivery. Is there a pre-registration checklist too? I ask because I read here somewhere that it is good to check the vehicle before registration is done.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 14:13   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,619
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

Zaks, Congrats! Your patience had paid-off finally!
There is no need to check the car pre-registration, you can check the car thoroughly before taking the delivery, and if anything is amiss, you can decline to take the Car.
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 14:33   #104
BHPian
 
TomRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin-Bangalore
Posts: 332
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

@zaks..

Congrats.. BTW, is there any change in the price?
TomRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 15:54   #105
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Zaks, Congrats! Your patience had paid-off finally!
There is no need to check the car pre-registration, you can check the car thoroughly before taking the delivery, and if anything is amiss, you can decline to take the Car.
Are you sure because I read somewhere here that we need to check pre-registration for some transit related issues. In that case it will save more one more day since he can send it tomorrow for regn.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack Autocop Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 137 28th April 2017 01:03
A red hot rapid install in a red hot (Skoda) Rapid Samridh In-Car Entertainment 28 18th August 2013 00:49
Moments for Proud Indian to be more proud. mjothi Shifting gears 47 15th November 2008 01:58
Not So Proud Owner of Esteem 2005 rohitbagai Introduce yourself 5 6th August 2006 13:03
Baleno proud owner BlackBull Introduce yourself 6 3rd August 2006 09:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:39.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks