Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th May 2008, 00:14   #136

Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
It's a matter of little quality time spent to understand each other. Ask our very own ASHOK about that.
You mean the Hydrabadwalla?

Add me to the list too!

Hydra that bumper looks perfect now pal. Very good job indeed... When are you coming this side?
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 01:11   #137
Team-BHP Support

How much did the bulbs cost you ? I think I will also go for the same in my VDI
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 07:20   #138
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everybody!

Okey dokey. The price for the armrest was between 1600/- and 1800/-. The bulbs came to 1400/- or so. Same for the Redgrills, with the relay. The total of all three came to an amount lesser than the totals of the individual prices in the end. The reason I don't generally mention the prices of non-ICE items is below

@Zakko, yep, they did mention the Offroaders were excellent. They have the same bulbs in one of their Innovas. You've got them on the Qualis?

@JayD, thanks! I thought the City come with an armrest very similar to this one?

@Patiencewins, you're right, the extension is actually not enough to be really comfortable, esp. for shorter (5ft6in) guys like me. The elbow barely rests on the armrest at the seat-position I use. But the support is welcome. It would be nice if the armrest could be adjusted forward and backward, heh heh. But then too much extension would interfere with shifting gears too.

@Quicksilver, thanks pal! I try to get away in that direction every weekend. But as they say, Man proposes, God disposes :(

Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Yeah! And stop behaving like cave men!!!
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
It's a matter of little quality time spent to understand each other. Ask our very own ASHOK about that.
What Zak said is so true. They are good friends of mine now. When I get 2-3 things done at the same time, there is a lot of rounding down at the time of quoting the prices and another bit of rounding down at the time I pay. This is one of the reasons I'm not posting prices here.

I don't bargain with them when they quote. I don't even pay too much attention to the individual prices of items either. My attention is on the total, whether I have the cash to pay for that. I know the prices they quote are a bit higher than in other places. But the quality of service (before, after, and during the purchase) and installation is wayyyyyy better than any other place in the state, I would say. And, if they say an item is genuine, it is genuine. Because I don't bargain or make a big fuss by looking over shoulders while the installation is done, they always give me very good prices. At the end of the day, I usually end up paying lesser than what I might have had to pay others.

In the case of ICE, you wouldn't believe the kind of value-additions I get, totally free-of-cost. They refuse to be paid for the misc. stuff or for the service.

And it doesn't take a lot time or a lot of stuff bought from there to become a valued customer of theirs. Even a single visit will do. Quicksilver is a very good case in point.

Last edited by hydrashok : 10th May 2008 at 07:23.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 12:19   #139
Team-BHP Support

Thats a lot of stuff that the arm rest can take. Really nice accessory.

Thanks for the detailed info
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 15:04   #140
Awaiting Email Confirmation

@ Ashok!(from hyderabad)
great job with the bumper!
after hearing rave reviews about the osrams, i'm regretting the 130/100 phillips I put in with the relay. will have to see your car first to check out the lights.

like the idea of the armrest, but what about handbrake turns?

Introduce me to your friends at emperor! though, I suspect, with my attitude, I wont get along very well with them.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 11:19   #141
Senior - BHPian

Honestly speaking, Arm Rest is not proper to do the job in meant for, resting your arm. Front portion is almost nil.

Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
The armrest did intrude a sight bit with gearshifts yesterday and today. But not by much. And it is just a matter of getting used to it. Feels like a welcome addition. I have a bit of driving to do on sunday, so I'll really know how much difference it will make in comfort.
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote