| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|27th April 2008, 19:18||#20|
Join Date: May 2007
Thanked: 0 Times
Congrats Kochicar... i'm waiting for your detailed review eagerly as i'm also about to book the same model in next week.... Please share your detailed comments for the new machine...
|27th April 2008, 21:02||#22|
Join Date: May 2004
Thanked: 7,478 Times
Congratz, and yes the rear wheel is also missing the cap and it will be kept separately inside the car Lucky you desire owners with Zdi option
|27th April 2008, 22:17||#23|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2007
Thanked: 233 Times
Congrads kochicar. Nice car. I saw a similar color Dzire today but it was a VDI. ZDI is definitely a better option to go for. All the best and enjoy your car.
|28th April 2008, 09:40||#24|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Apr 2008
Thanked: 5,326 Times
enjoy the car and drive safe
the chap at Pratham Motors Bangalore says there is an 8-10 month waitlist for the DZIRE -across versions. We werent even allowed to test drive it because there was only one car at the dealership yesterday and they arent yet allowing test drives - only allowing people to sit inside and check it out.
Request you to please share more about the ZDI as you go along please because this car is definitely in my consideration set as a new upgrade for my parents, from their V2 DLG Turbo Indica.
|28th April 2008, 10:56||#25|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gurgaon/New Delhi
Thanked: 608 Times
I took the test drive of ZDI last week, honestly this is amazing car. I guess just a minor power diff from swift vdi, or infact none. Some very good features, not even found in some above segments.
But sad 7 month delivery time.
|28th April 2008, 11:18||#27|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Thanked: 30 Times
I went to Pratham motors to test drive Dzrie diesel.They informed me that test drive is not available for Dzire.They stopped test drive for Dzire from last two weeks.The booking period for Dzire diesel is 7 months and for swift diesel is 4 months.
|28th April 2008, 11:24||#28|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Thanked: 104 Times
congrats on the latest addition to your family.
You can check the total running of the car by pressing the Odometer Knob untill "ODO" comes written in front of the reading.
|30th April 2008, 00:20||#30|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Thanked: 6 Times
Dzire ZDi Took Delivery today 29 April 2008
Sorry for the delay in updating the post as many were eager to see the initial reports for the Dzire ZDi.
I took delivery this evening after confirming the registration number from the RTO.
I have opted for additional 2 year warranty costing Rs 4995.
Here are my initial comments. I am layman in cars and i cannot comment like professionals in the industry. So my comments may not be pertaining to the comments you people expect.(eg. Body roll while hard cornering ???)
1. All these days I was driving a Santro and the difference i felt is bit scary. The torque offered by the engine is phenomenal an the brakes compliment the same. I am sure some bike-wala will hit me from behind on hard braking.
2. The seats are awesome. Special mention goes to the rear seat comfort.
3. The music system FM sensitivity is too good compared to my old one. I could get 6 stations in Dzire while my Pioneer in Santro parked in the same area could lock on only to 2 stations in kochi.
3. Service and delivery was very professional. Two techies (not from marketing team) explained me the whole features and parts of the car for about 45 minutes(6Pm to 6:45 Pm).
4. 5 litre Diesel coupon from a near by filling station.
5. Back seat leg space is quiet sufficient for most of the people. Please look at the attached picture for best and worst case scenarios.
I see everyone praising this vehicle all this time. But i request everyone to think again and look in to the following points before deciding the car.
1. Try to push somewhere on the front bumper or grill with just your small finger. It will bent back by minimum 2 cm. Is it a feature? God knows if they made it from recycled bucket plastic...
2. Look in to all the rubber beadings all near the door panels. Wish they could be bit upmarket. When we pay Rs 7.3 L , it hurts...
3. I could insert my finger between the Bonnet cover and the headlight cluster edge. The panel gap is to bad and it shows to any onlooker badly.
4. Music system could not show the names of MP3 files. They could show only the numbers. May be i need to burn the MP3s is a different compatible format (8+3character??).
5. There is no THUD when closing the boot door. It reminded my like a cheap suitcase lid we see near chickpet.
6. Why don't Maruti give OEM screws for number plates?
Regarding Insurance i sticked with ICICI bank as Axis bank turned out quiet funny. Yesterday evening they said they cannot register the car in my office address and they say loan is approved, "subject to the verification report from my house in Bangalore". They don't accept the company cheques with out further documentation chaos too. Yesterday evening at 8 Pm i communicated with ICICI Bank executive and he assured me about the vehicle delivery today and he kept his word. May be i am the only one who praise ICICI in this forum. The Car is registered in the Name of my company and with ICICI Bank it was a matter of signing at about 150 places.( without reading a single line) OOPS oh boy i was running short of time today morning for registration.
In effect, ICICI Bank was expensive by Rs 672 for the entire 3 year period which is not much when compared to the pain offered by AXIS bank at the last moment.
Other interesting Info.
The back bumper bottom middle houses the rear red fog lamp. Till today I was in the impressions that its just a reflector like the ones at the side !!!!
Odo cannot show decimal values and we have to depend on the trip meters for fine details on distance. (thats why i took pic with the trip meter earlier)
The symbol of steering on tachometer is for the EPS. Manual have another Picture with EPS written there without the steering wheel symbol. So i guessed.
Dzire dont have a user manual of its own. User manual dont have the word 'Dzire " too. It says swift in front and inside front cover it mention "for all swift series".
Inside the boot, near the wheel well, the sealing rubber solution is brushed over the painting . In my old omni it was done before the painting such that paint covered them.
No chocolate provided unlike many other dealers. However they got a big pack from me.
Diesel fiesta and verna can be compared to an iPOD in quality built, where us Dzire can be compared to other MP4 Players, which offer much features for reduced cost, by sacrificing the finishing touches.
Saving about Rs 2 lakhs on the road makes lot of sense for me.
Thank you Maruti and the executives from MAS and ICICI bank loan who made sure it is registered in scheduled time. Those guys work real hard.
Thank you all the Team-BHP and its members for the compliments. They are the ones who made a lazy fellow like me to write much about a car. cheers:
Regarding the fuel efficiency of Dzire, I hope i can can give it next week.
Last edited by kochicar : 30th April 2008 at 00:28. Reason: short form removed
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Let's Dzire again, but this time ZDi. My Maruti Dzire. EDIT: Totalled||rockporiom||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||86||18th November 2013 16:26|
|Just Landed!!||jethari||Introduce yourself||4||25th April 2011 18:36|
|Just landed in Team-BHP!||Nutty Nair||Introduce yourself||6||23rd August 2008 14:09|
|TDs & Experiences till booking Dzire Diesel ZDI||liberal||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||58||19th May 2008 11:02|