Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th April 2008, 21:30   #1
BHPian

Default Rolled out my Civic 1.8MT V yesterday...!

I was smitten by the Civic in 2006. Post 1.5 yrs of fascination I bought one - a logical upgrade from my NHC VTEC. cheers:

Picked up a Bluish Silver MT V version. Color courtesy - wife & son. Costed 13.98 lacs + another 2.5K for a number totaling to 7. No discounts on 2008 model. 2007 built ones are available with insurance free (that is ~42K)

Dealer: Whitefield Honda.

Freebies: Worth 10K, incl. reverse sensors, mats, teflon coating, sun film (Lumar) etc.

First impression: Bliss...its big, powerful and well planted. Looks futuristic, and makes everything else look a relic. Its a head turner and evokes a hushed 'he owns a Civic'. Yep, high up there on Snob value (not that I was looking for it...! :-))

Surprise: Not scraped a bump in the last 40 hrs of ownership covering 90 kms in the famed Blr roads.

Contradiction: As against some of the feedback in the forum about the placement of control stalks, I find it extremely user friendly. I am a shade below 5'.10" and found the stalks neatly placed. Low placed seating is comfortable and has sufficient support.

Challenges: Low seating is a challenge for oldish people. My MIL with her arthritis already finds ingress & egress an issue.

Cardinal sins: Audio control in steering wheel. Cant believe Honda has omitted it in a 14.00 lacs car while an SX4 has it. Distance to empty indication....come on Honda, even Verna has it.

Overall: Excited to own one and looking forward hitting NH47 next weekend.

Snaps: Attached.

Thanks for your reading.
Attached Thumbnails
Rolled out my Civic 1.8MT V yesterday...!-civic-1.jpg  

Rolled out my Civic 1.8MT V yesterday...!-civic-2.jpg  

alabjarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 21:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new buy. The colour is also good choice. Keep posting the updates on car from time to time.

Last edited by snaronikar : 27th April 2008 at 21:55.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 21:46   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hey congratz, whitefield honda i gather. Nice car and enjoy the drive and do post updates
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 22:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

alabjarus congrats on the Civic ! Awesome color choice . Looking forward for the interiors pics!
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 01:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new ride. And I love the Civic in this color
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 07:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats . Just be careful when going through big potholes when the car fully loaded as it has low ground clearance.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 08:24   #7
BANNED

Congratulations! Enjoy her to the max.

Get yourself some good aftermarket speakers and throw out all the stock ones. They're just some plastic stuff.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 08:48   #8
Team-BHP Support

I read this at 11 PM and I thought somebody rolled his Honda Civic, realised it rolled out, not rolled over

Congrats!!!!
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 14:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hey congratulations !! Welcome to the Civic club. Enjoy her and take good care of her. She's fun to drive and is VFM !! Drive hard and drive safe.

Probably we should have a TBHP Civic get together in Bangalore. Quite a few now.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 14:37   #10
BHPian

Congratulations for the new ride alabjarus. Very nice car and a good color selection too!!
Do write about your initial driving experience, followed by a long term ownership review henceforth. Till then enjoy your ride and please be safe for you have a beast in your hands now.

Cheers,
Dhaval
dhaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 17:03   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabjarus View Post
I was smitten by the Civic in 2006. Post 1.5 yrs of fascination I bought one - a logical upgrade from my NHC VTEC. cheers:

Picked up a Bluish Silver MT V version. Color courtesy - wife & son. Costed 13.98 lacs + another 2.5K for a number totaling to 7. No discounts on 2008 model. 2007 built ones are available with insurance free (that is ~42K)

Dealer: Whitefield Honda.

Freebies: Worth 10K, incl. reverse sensors, mats, teflon coating, sun film (Lumar) etc.

First impression: Bliss...its big, powerful and well planted. Looks futuristic, and makes everything else look a relic. Its a head turner and evokes a hushed 'he owns a Civic'. Yep, high up there on Snob value (not that I was looking for it...! :-))

Surprise: Not scraped a bump in the last 40 hrs of ownership covering 90 kms in the famed Blr roads.

Contradiction: As against some of the feedback in the forum about the placement of control stalks, I find it extremely user friendly. I am a shade below 5'.10" and found the stalks neatly placed. Low placed seating is comfortable and has sufficient support.

Challenges: Low seating is a challenge for oldish people. My MIL with her arthritis already finds ingress & egress an issue.

Cardinal sins: Audio control in steering wheel. Cant believe Honda has omitted it in a 14.00 lacs car while an SX4 has it. Distance to empty indication....come on Honda, even Verna has it.

Overall: Excited to own one and looking forward hitting NH47 next weekend.

Snaps: Attached.

Thanks for your reading.

alabjarus: Sir, that's a beauty. Well done and happy driving. I love your style and language: 'cardinal sins'. Keep writing, please.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 17:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Nice. I like the color choice too. Congrats on the new purchase.

I honestly think the car needs wider tires (in case you do high speed highway drives).

Drive safe and enjoy the new car.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 18:44   #13
BHPian

Congrats! awaiting for the drive updates.
vvvinod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 20:42   #14
BHPian

Hey alabjarus,

Congrats on your new car, it look cool. Civic is always a Civic, commands attention. espically the speedometer. Take good care and be careful over bangalore's famous pot-holes.

Regards,
Sajan
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 22:33   #15
Senior - BHPian

Great buy there ! You can never go wrong with a Civic. All the best mate !
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote