Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th June 2014, 14:30   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Maruti SX4 ZXI: Edit, 70000 kms up

Just one picture from the whole trip? Come on. The thread deserves a few more. Glad to know that the SX4 could manage the hard terrain with ease although the Ecosport would have surely managed to it better. An overall FE of 12 kmpl for the trip sounds really good.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2015, 20:07   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Maruti SX4 ZXI: Edit, 70000 kms up

70500 KM update.

The Kali Kaluti has clocked 70.5K and went in for the 70 k service to Motocraft Noida a few days back. It was a routine service and the only parts replaced were the front Brake Discs and pads. The Brakes would have lasted 5-10 K Km more but for the Ladakh trip earlier this summer.

The total service cost came to Rs 9.5 K ( Including the brake overhaul but without balancing and alignment). The car is ageing gracefully and my affection for her is growing with every passing month. She will turn 7 on March 31. Even today, I have not been able to find a suitable replacement for her. The SX4 is a sorely under rated car in India. She can go where no Indian sedan can ( with the great GC and MSIL service network) that too without breaking a sweat. It may not have the latest gizmos like stop- start button and auto folding rear view mirrors, but comes equipped with Automatic Climate Control, ICE control on the steering wheel, ABS and twin Airbags and 16 inch alloy wheels shod with 205 mm wide rubber. It is reliable and unlike its reputation as a fuel guzzler, gives 12-13 KPL for every litre of unleaded petrol. With the recent drop in petrol prices, it is faily light on the pocket too. I intend to keep it for a few more years and enjoy my emi free status till I find a car that really matches up to the Kali Kaluti.

P.S Mods: Kindly update the status to 70K report
rajneeesh is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 08:59   #48
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti SX4 ZXI: Edit, 70000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
70500 KM update.

The Kali Kaluti has clocked 70.5K and went in for the 70 k service to Motocraft Noida a few days back. It was a routine service and the only parts replaced were the front Brake Discs and pads. The Brakes would have lasted 5-10 K Km more but for the Ladakh trip earlier this summer.

The total service cost came to Rs 9.5 K ( Including the brake overhaul but without balancing and alignment). The car is ageing gracefully and my affection for her is growing with every passing month. She will turn 7 on March 31. Even today, I have not been able to find a suitable replacement for her. The SX4 is a sorely under rated car in India. She can go where no Indian sedan can ( with the great GC and MSIL service network) that too without breaking a sweat. It may not have the latest gizmos like stop- start button and auto folding rear view mirrors, but comes equipped with Automatic Climate Control, ICE control on the steering wheel, ABS and twin Airbags and 16 inch alloy wheels shod with 205 mm wide rubber. It is reliable and unlike its reputation as a fuel guzzler, gives 12-13 KPL for every litre of unleaded petrol. With the recent drop in petrol prices, it is faily light on the pocket too. I intend to keep it for a few more years and enjoy my emi free status till I find a car that really matches up to the Kali Kaluti.

P.S Mods: Kindly update the status to 70K report
Hi Rajneeesh. I own an SX4 2007 and agree with every bit of word you wrote right here. I am still searching for a car which can suitably replace my SX4. However, looking at the way it performs, I would want to keep it with me until it totally breaks down.

I had a query to ask. What was all the work that you had done in the 70k service. Are there any specific things that i need to keep in mind for this service. My SX4 is due for the same and I would be giving it for a service in the next few days. I am also facing a peculiar problem with my car. Whenever I drive it between 80Kmph - 100kmph on a long highway stretch in the 5th gear and want to change the gear to either neutral or lower gear, I feel the clutch becomes hard. This happens only for that one time and then the clutch becomes normal until there is another long stretch. I do not understand the issue with this. There was another thread which talks about the same problem in SX4 here on team-bhp but there is no further update on that now. Also, I do not have the habit of clutch riding and my car still runs on the original clutch it came with.
joelchandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2015, 17:44   #49
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti SX4 ZXI: Edit, 70000 kms up

The Odo on the Kali Kaluti now reads 74546 KM. Due to my frequent travelling it was not putting on too many miles. The other reason is the arrival of her successor. I brought home a Storme VX 4X4 on July10 and use it for my every day commute.

The SX4 is doing fine. I got the battery replaced and was faced with a particular issue. The idling rpm drooped to 450 and the car would smply die doewn at traffic intersections. I took her to Motorcraft Noida where the issue was identified and fixed in less than an hour. Apparently when the battery is replaced, and the ECM does not receive power supply for some time, it loses the settings in its memory. In this case the fuel injection system was effected. A quick cleaning of the throttle body and the car was as good as new. It cost me Rs 513/-

The car will now be used by my wife. I have sold her much younger Figo ( Dec 2010) as I have greater confidence in the reliability of the SX4 than the Figo and MSIL's ability to maintain it a minimal cost. The Figo was not as relaible and Ford *ss costs an arm and a leg. My sons were also relieved that we have sold the Figo and not the SX4. They are very emotional about the car.

So the old warrior soldiers on.

Last edited by rajneeesh : 13th September 2015 at 17:57.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote