Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th April 2008, 20:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

The mileage displayed on the display during my ride was a decent 7 kmpl . Mixed driving. Some high revs even sports other gears ( the 1 and 2 ) and mixed with decent light footed driving. I think the car would easily give 7.5 if driven with care and with a light foot.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 20:29   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

The Teana is a car being considered for ourselves right now, although the decision is some time away. Let me add my two cents, although I have not yet driven the car myself.

For one, I cannot expect the car to give anything above 6kmpl, honestly (whatever the display says. I'm talking practically). V6 and only a four-speed auto kill it right there.
Secondly, a sunroof is something my family wouldn't care about, so thats not the problem.
Thirdly, everyone loves the interior design, and yes the exteriors are fantastic, the look of the car is majestic and purposeful. More so than the Camry/Superb/Passat.
Fourth. That key would give my father nightmares. He'd lose it in a couple of days, if not a couple of hours. He has a solid mindblock even against automatics, forget electronic keys!

Yet, this is a car I'd love to own. If only there was a 5/6-speed auto or a diesel. Sigh. Somehow nothing between 15-25 lakhs gets everything right, even to a satisfactory level.

Oh and yes. The Camry, for those of you who think Toyotas are economical to maintain, is hideously expensive to keep in top shape, being a CBU. But the only car thats even worse than it to maintain is the Teana. Parts are terribly expensive and service is one big question mark.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 30th April 2008 at 20:31.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 20:32   #18
Team-BHP Support

spur - also keep in mind that they might upgrade it soon to the new version just launched.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 20:39   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
spur - also keep in mind that they might upgrade it soon to the new version just launched.
It's launched? When and where?
Old 30th April 2008, 20:44   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
It's launched? When and where?
i dunno actually. i saw some pics on tbhp itself.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 21:02   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i dunno actually. i saw some pics on tbhp itself.
I think that was a scoop. Anyway lets not hijack this thread!
Old 1st May 2008, 20:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

No man. That guy at the showroom told me that its not due for a change atleast till 2010 beginning
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 12:03   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Its a real handy feature to have. Called the SMART-KEY in most cases.

Any pics ?
Here is the smart key our demo car has.
Davis.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 12:34   #24
BHPian

Few days back i too had the TD of the Nissan Teana, and well, i have been in love with this car since i first travelled in it in Bangkok in 2006. This car is awesome!

AS abhinav has mentioned rightly the pros and cons, i wont go into that, but yes, the drive was BUTTER SMOOTH! it was like gliding in the air, and the acceleration and engine were real smooth! jus didnt feel if hte car was on!
only one word to describe it - EXCELLENT!

Only drawback, no diesel. The automatic is good, if in Diesel, coz in petrol, the mileage is only 5kmpl. real bad!
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote