| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|19th May 2008, 18:09||#31|
Join Date: Jul 2007
Thanked: 0 Times
i10 Magna only 4L??? It is extra sweet !!!
If I had got that discount, I would have increased my ICE budget by 50K more!!!!
So far my experience has been nice, good A/C, Steering feedback is
good and love the way the handling gets stiff for more than 50 KMPH or so.
What I hate is the glare on the windscreen 'coz of the Beige interiors. Trust me, it is really irritating and I am getting an headache. Also the A Pillar is kind of obstructing, like the Civic.
Also the seat inclination lever is on the Left for Driver and Right for the co-passenger. This is totally opposite and I am finding it difficult.
|29th May 2008, 09:56||#33|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Sep 2004
Thanked: 472 Times
Had a brief test drive of the i10 on NH-8 the other day. Here is a comparison with WagonR (the car I have been driving for 4 years).
Where the i10 scores above the wagonR:
- Excellent AC. Really good. And its far less noisy than the WR’s.
- Interiors are the USP of this car. I need not say much, it’s a well known fact. Quality of plastics on dashboard is far better than the Wagonr or for that matter even the Santro.
- Good all round visibility. ORVMs are big and you get a clear picture of whats behind.
- Performance is slightly better at the lower end, first gear being particularly good (a.l.a Santro).
- Build quality is also much better than the WR. There is a good thud when closing the doors. Panel gaps are minimal compared to the Marutis.
- High speed stability. Was much stable and grounded than the WagonR at speeds above 80kmph.
Where the WR equals or better than the i10
- Absense of cubbyholes. I calculated and it’s a surprising figure of 6 small cubbyholes which are missing in the i10 when compared with WR. The dashboard sloping towards driver can’t hold any stuff either.
- Whiney engine. The engine noise intrudes the cabin at higher revs, much like the WR. (and very unlike Spark).
- Gear shift. Though its still better than WagonR, its notchy and has long throws. I was expecting Getz like gearshift, but was disappointed.
- Lesser boot space.
- Lesser headroom
- Weak handbrake
- Ride quality specially at rear is very similar to WagonR, again, the Spark beats all here.
All in all, it’s a good car. There is a feel good factor when you step inside it. IMO, Hyundai needs to lower the price a little bit and improve the Handbrake issue asap.
|29th May 2008, 10:15||#34|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Thanked: 180 Times
Btw, my second milage check also returned the same figure of 12.9 kmpl. The first servicing is due in 2-3 weeks time.
|29th May 2008, 10:36||#35|
Join Date: Dec 2006
Thanked: 24 Times
Expect better performance with the new 1.2L 80 bhp petrol expected before Sept 08.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Got BHP? I got it!||Hrishi_111||Introduce yourself||1||8th August 2014 09:39|
|got bhp? Yeah – I’ve got bhp!||Vikas Arora||Introduce yourself||3||18th September 2012 20:37|
|I got in!! I got in!! WOHOO!!!||amrisharm||Introduce yourself||5||5th March 2010 19:31|
|Got my Black Beauty - Hyundai i10 Magna||maverick236||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||29||4th April 2008 11:42|
|Got My i10 ICED||rohitabc||In-Car Entertainment||65||20th February 2008 12:57|