Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 8th May 2008, 10:43   #1
BHPian

Default Bought Pre Owned Baleno

Had to own and drive a Baleno before it went the way of Dodo. So after a search of one month found one on the inetrnet.

A Silky Silver Sep 2005 VXi. Owned by a Sedate family man (CA) the car is absolutely stock and in mint condition with 26780 genuine Kms on the odo ( checked the service history with the servicing garage where the car was serviced throughout). Was thinking of at least getting it serviced out of schedule to check for any problems. However the car was just like new so spent a princely sum of Rs 225 for a wash and polish. And went for a highway drive of 500 kms with my family in 42 degrees temperature of Delhi...

What can I say. All the adjectives associated with Baleno on this forum justified themselves so not repeating them. Only grouse was that I was looking for a 2006 model esp for the climate control, but just could,nt pass up this car being in such a good condition. The owner had recently changed to brand new 185 GIII Potenzas(all 5 wheels) so I don't plan to spend a single penny except for change of registration. The stock ICE is so-so but I can live with that. I spent a total of Rs 3.7 lac. I think I should have got it for 3.5 lac but considering that I will not have to spend a single penny till 50 K(touchwood) I agreed to the price.

I know owning a Baleno is nothing new on this forum but just had to share it with you guys.

P.S looking for a 3M detailing centre in NCR to remove the minor swirl scratches and give her a lustorous shine, if some one can help. Searched the forum but could not find one.
Old 8th May 2008, 12:31   #2
Team-BHP Support

Enjoy your new ride buddy. I must say that you have got a good car for yourself.
Old 8th May 2008, 12:42   #3
BHPian

congratulations MADMAX111 on your new ride...enjoy and drive safe.
Old 8th May 2008, 12:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

The price is certainly a tad higher considering that it is in delhi
congrats on the new buy. enjoy
Old 8th May 2008, 12:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

The Baleno is an all time favourite among most Bhp-ians here.

It is a lovely car and it has retained its status as even after stopped production, the car is sold at a premium price. A good engine and the fantastic drivers car that it is makes this car an all time favourite.

Post some pics soon mate and congratulations once again.
Old 8th May 2008, 12:58   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

3.7L for a baleno in Delhi is quite expensive IMO. Congrats on the ride. Seeing your location, I was planning on inviting you to the drive we Bangalore bhpians are having this month.
Old 8th May 2008, 12:59   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Madmax111, looks like you got yourself a well-maintained Baleno. Congrats and enjoy the Baleno experience.
Old 8th May 2008, 13:32   #8

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post
Had to own and drive a Baleno before it went the way of Dodo. So after a search of one month found one on the inetrnet.

A Silky Silver Sep 2005 VXi. Owned by a Sedate family man (CA) the car is absolutely stock and in mint condition with 26780 genuine Kms on the odo ( checked the service history with the servicing garage where the car was serviced throughout). Was thinking of at least getting it serviced out of schedule to check for any problems. However the car was just like new so spent a princely sum of Rs 225 for a wash and polish. And went for a highway drive of 500 kms with my family in 42 degrees temperature of Delhi...

What can I say. All the adjectives associated with Baleno on this forum justified themselves so not repeating them. Only grouse was that I was looking for a 2006 model esp for the climate control, but just could,nt pass up this car being in such a good condition. The owner had recently changed to brand new 185 GIII Potenzas(all 5 wheels) so I don't plan to spend a single penny except for change of registration. The stock ICE is so-so but I can live with that. I spent a total of Rs 3.7 lac. I think I should have got it for 3.5 lac but considering that I will not have to spend a single penny till 50 K(touchwood) I agreed to the price.

I know owning a Baleno is nothing new on this forum but just had to share it with you guys.

P.S looking for a 3M detailing centre in NCR to remove the minor swirl scratches and give her a lustorous shine, if some one can help. Searched the forum but could not find one.
Hi. Congrats on the good catch and drive your car and enjoy mate. Dont worry too much of what people say as long as you know you have got a good buy and are happy with it.
Old 8th May 2008, 13:40   #9
BHPian

Roughly how many Baleno owners do we have in Team-bhp?
Old 8th May 2008, 14:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

hey congrats Madmax thats a wise choice going for a Baleno,enjoy your ride and drive safe..cheers

Ramie
Old 8th May 2008, 14:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your Baleno and its always been rated high by me on my radar and its an awesome machine and with mods and all planned up, its just pleasure. Congrats once again.
Old 8th May 2008, 14:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the Baleno club!! It might be a bit expensive, but I can gurantee you will spend nothing on maintenance except oil change till the 50k mark. I found it to be a very reliable car.
Old 8th May 2008, 15:13   #13
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride. I have always liked the Baleno from the beginning. People say that the styling is very boring, etc etc but I find the styling perfectly alright.

Do keep the thread updated as and when you munch the miles!
Old 8th May 2008, 15:46   #14
BHPian

Does anyone know what is the average distance after which the Baleno stock tyres wear out and should be changed, considering normal drive patterns.
Old 8th May 2008, 17:08   #15
BHPian

congrats on your new buy.
baleno is a great car.
Closed Thread