Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd July 2008, 15:24   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

> I always thought City has got better shocks at low speed.

Well, I bought a pair of Swift OEM 165/80R14 tyres second hand to try them on the City. I did about 60 kms with them on the front. There was a little improvement on the ride. But then I had to use those tryes in the Marina which had to go on a long drive (and needed a tyre change in the front) and it has remained there.

Those high profile tryes do soften up the ride even in the Marina.
That's interesting docs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post

All was well until after a few days i started noticing scaling of the coating on the a/c pipes and more specifically on the hosepipe. After a few months, the coating started totally peeling off in places all over the engine bay and it looked horrible!
OMG , you just scared me. Now I am worried.
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 17:31   #92
Senior - BHPian

Nothing much to update as my buddy is lying idle for last 2 weeks in India. but I am buying some good gift for it in Tokyo.

Here is the first one, Car charger extension with USB charger.

Booked SX4/ZXi - Delivered 14th May 2008-dscn2143.jpg

Booked SX4/ZXi - Delivered 14th May 2008-dscn2142.jpg
Old 8th September 2008, 11:38   #93
Senior - BHPian

Default Control Setup for ipod

Nothing much to update on the car. It was parked for last 2 months and drove approximately 300 KM in last week.

After 2 month of parking, I am feeling a strange problem that the PS gets hard some time. Specially sometimes during pickup from idle. I am sure its not an illusion as steering gets really hard.

I will drive it for some more time and will report it in 5K service.

Just did an ipod setup, here is one pic:

Booked SX4/ZXi - Delivered 14th May 2008-200809051701_150.jpg
Old 8th September 2008, 14:35   #94
BHPian

How does the iPod music sound ? Is it better than CD/mp3/FM ? Can you let me know what and how are the buttons circled in the pic integrated ?
Attached Thumbnails
Booked SX4/ZXi - Delivered 14th May 2008-200809051701_150.jpg  

gt_bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2008, 14:42   #95
BHPian

Congrats bharatand welcome to the sx4 family are you going for side skirt,spoiler etc

Last edited by team suzuki : 8th September 2008 at 14:51.
team suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2008, 14:48   #96
BHPian

Even i am very curious to know how ipod music sounds my friends told its not as good as cd,mp3etc is it true?
team suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2008, 15:31   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_bhp View Post
How does the iPod music sound ? Is it better than CD/mp3/FM ? Can you let me know what and how are the buttons circled in the pic integrated ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
Even i am very curious to know how ipod music sounds my friends told its not as good as cd,mp3etc is it true?
It sounds very good and 100% cd quality if not better. I have all type of music in ipod, from rock, jazz, hiphop, kishore da, ghazals etc and all play superb.

I bought a very high quality AUX cable and control from tokyo.

here are the details of the controls

Booked SX4/ZXi - Delivered 14th May 2008-200809051701_1502.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
Congrats bharatand welcome to the sx4 family are you going for side skirt,spoiler etc
Thanks, no plan for side skirts as reduces the GC and need GC during my trips. I am not sure about spoiler, it might hamper the rear view further, specially the bigger one.

the small one at MGA is not very impressive.
Old 8th September 2008, 19:46   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post

Just did an ipod setup, here is one pic:
Hi bharat:
Nice ipod setup. Do you have an AMP in your car? This setup bypasses the stock player?

Regards
Mahesh S
MadRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2008, 07:32   #99
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, no AMP andno bypass of stock player. Its using AUX input feature of the player
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Hi bharat:
Nice ipod setup. Do you have an AMP in your car? This setup bypasses the stock player?

Regards
Mahesh S
Old 23rd November 2008, 11:35   #100
Senior - BHPian

Default 8000KM / 6 month update

My SX4 have covered almost 8000km, 95% in city and almost 99% AC. And following is the updates

FE
Its returning 11.5-12 KM/Ltr after 5000 KM Service. Pretty Well from this car

Upgrades
No changes or additions after my last updates.

Rattles
Holder the keeps the rod of the gear lock is rattling a bit. otherwise no other rattle

Problems
No problems at all.

Services
5000Km Service was done some time back at Vipul Motors, Gurgaon. Done upto my satisfaction, except the washing and that useless grease used by them to shine the dashboard.

City Drive
95% of the drive had been in city. My forecast was 60% City, 40% Highway, but because of personal reason, there is not long drives, and will not be there for next 1 year.

So my decision to select SX4 over Safari is proving to be very good, as for sure I can not use Safari in city, the way I use my SX4 as a primary car.

Long Drive
Only one long drive from Delhi to Haridwar and back same day. And I really enjoyed the fun of driving it and taking over other cars.

Things I am loving in it
Audio control on steering wheels
Excellent AC
Super GC
Excellent pickup
High sitting positon

Things I hate in it
Little vibration while picking from idle in bumper-2-bumper traffic
Very bad A-Pillar, reduce the turning clearance view.
Old 23rd November 2008, 12:38   #101
Team-BHP Support

Cheers Rajiv. Good that you are enjoying the car.

And all the best on the personal front too. Hope things turn out well. Keep the faith.
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 10:57   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Cheers Rajiv. Good that you are enjoying the car.

And all the best on the personal front too. Hope things turn out well. Keep the faith.
Thanks Eddy, Personal front is pretty bad at present :(
Old 28th November 2008, 15:11   #103
Senior - BHPian

Default First DIY Puncture Fix

Did my first self puncture fix today(second puncture in SX4). Tyre lost air overnight and was at 9psi in the morning. Found a big screw. I had the options of going to the shop but decided to do it my self. I have the Puncture repair kit with 6 glue threads.

Was very easy process. Actually I observed the process while getting the puncture fixed at shop earlier and found it very straight forward.

12 V compressor took 15 minutes to fill air from 5 psi to 33 psi.

Also this time I realized how big these 16inch tires are. They are really huge as compared to my old Indica's 13inch tires
Old 1st December 2008, 12:45   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Did my first self puncture fix today(second puncture in SX4). Tyre lost air overnight and was at 9psi in the morning. Found a big screw. I had the options of going to the shop but decided to do it my self. I have the Puncture repair kit with 6 glue threads.

Was very easy process. Actually I observed the process while getting the puncture fixed at shop earlier and found it very straight forward.

12 V compressor took 15 minutes to fill air from 5 psi to 33 psi.

Also this time I realized how big these 16inch tires are. They are really huge as compared to my old Indica's 13inch tires
I have already got 3 punctures and for the past 2 weeks one of my tyre is getting reduced at very slow pace like it comes to 10 psi after 2-3 days.

Please tell me the procedure to fix the puncture and cost involved buying the kit. First how do we find if there is a puncture if we are not able to find any nails/screws. Usually the tube will be immersed in water to identify it. Is the same process to be followed for tubeless also ?
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 12:58   #105
Senior - BHPian

Nice ipod setup.can you let us know from where did you sources the iPod controls etc.
even i'm interested to procure them.can we do it on-line.kindly help me to get one and also let us know the cost of it.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote