Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st December 2008, 16:40   #106
Senior - BHPian

There can be two reasons for the such pressure loss, 1. Puncture and 2. defected valve.

First check valve by dabbing a soap water soaked cotton on the valve is its making bubble, its defective.

If that is not the case, and you do not see any nail or screw, pour water over all parts of tyre to see any bubble formation.

Puncture kit can be purchased from any good tyre shop for 250-300 Rs. I will publish the picture for it, but it must be there on the forum already.

I will write the procedure after some time. bit busy with work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I have already got 3 punctures and for the past 2 weeks one of my tyre is getting reduced at very slow pace like it comes to 10 psi after 2-3 days.

Please tell me the procedure to fix the puncture and cost involved buying the kit. First how do we find if there is a puncture if we are not able to find any nails/screws. Usually the tube will be immersed in water to identify it. Is the same process to be followed for tubeless also ?
Ramsagar, I bought it from Tokyo. But should be available on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Nice ipod setup.can you let us know from where did you sources the iPod controls etc.
even i'm interested to procure them.can we do it on-line.kindly help me to get one and also let us know the cost of it.

Last edited by rkbharat : 1st December 2008 at 16:42.
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 21:48   #107
Senior - BHPian

Default 10K Km update

Went for 10K service yesterday.

Following were the problems reported other than regular service:
1. Some rattling from the Dashboard
2. Wiper vibrating while cleaning.
3. Engine bit rough beyond 120
4. Engine vibration during pick-up from idle.

All were fixed except 4th, As it will take some time and I had to leave the car. I was aware of it, still asked them to put it job-card to keep it in loop.

Cleaning was very good this time, after I told them that I will be putting it in feedback form.

Overall car is doing superb. Its really fun to drive both in City and highway. No problems in handling in city traffic and high speed highways.

Pickup is awesome and overtaking is fun on highways.

FE is pain, city is 12km/ltr, but highway is bad 13.5 km/ltr. May be because I was driving almost between 130-150. Impossible to keep it around 80 for FE.

New Raybrig, high % bulbs are too good on highway.

But 'A' pillar is sure pain on hill drives and sometimes very scary.

Odo read 10800 KM now

FE is 12 km/ltr
Maintenance cost is 0.5 Rs per KM, not very impressive, but will get the right figure after 40K km.
Max speedo touched is 170Km/hr
No serious issues at all
maruti service & support is amazing.
Old 15th January 2009, 22:04   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Went for 10K service yesterday.

4. Engine vibration during pick-up from idle.

All were fixed except 4th, As it will take some time and I had to leave the car. I was aware of it, still asked them to put it job-card to keep it in loop.

Overall car is doing superb. Its really fun to drive both in City and highway. No problems in handling in city traffic and high speed highways.

... I was driving almost between 130-150.
...Max speedo touched is 170Km/hr
What did they say the problem was with No. 4?

Good to know about SX4's handling capabilities.

Man! Did you actually touch those speeds? And where, if I may ask, could you do this? Definitely not North India which had fog on highways for quite a few days (even appearing now and then during this week).
kkdelhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 22:12   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
What did they say the problem was with No. 4?
They will have to check it properly and will keep the car for a day, and I am too busy for that. though they have called me many times to solve this problem as I reported this in last two service as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
Man! Did you actually touch those speeds? And where, if I may ask, could you do this? Definitely not North India which had fog on highways for quite a few days (even appearing now and then during this week).
last Sunday, started from Gurgaon around 7:00AM and no fog at all. NH1 is too good to achieve this. but not that you keep these speeds all the time. It hovers between 130-150.

Yesterday while coming back from Chandigarh, started at 4:00am and was easily doing 120, again no fog at all.
Old 15th January 2009, 22:18   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
last Sunday, started from Gurgaon around 7:00AM and no fog at all. ...

Yesterday while coming back from Chandigarh, started at 4:00am and was easily doing 120, again no fog at all.
Lucky you!

OT: How would you like to change your Avtar to SX4?
kkdelhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 16:52   #111
Senior - BHPian

Default 16000 km/ 1 Year update

My SX4 have covered 16000km, 95% in city and 100% AC. And following are the updates

FE
Its averaging 11-11.5 KM/Ltr in city with 100% AC. couple of short highway drives returned 14-15 Km/Ltr

Upgrades
No changes or additions after my last updates.

Rattles
There was some rattle from dashdoard when passing through rough roads. Was fixed at 1000Km Service

Problems
No problems at all, other than bearing problem caused by the major accident

Services
10000km Service was done at Vipul Motors, Gurgaon. Done upto my satisfaction, and this time specifically told them not to use that greasy things on the exterior.

City Drive
95% of the drive had been in city. I think around 1000 Km was on Delhi-Chandigarh trip and one Haridwar day trip. Rest all in Gurgaon

Long Drive
2 Delhi-Chandigarh trip and it was fun driving on highways. Power is amazing and pickup can surprise many high end cars

Things I am loving in it
Audio control on steering wheels
Excellent Climate Control, when delhi is at 43
Super GC
Excellent pickup
High sitting position
Superb handling and easy to navigate in traffic

Things I hate in it
Little vibration while picking from idle in bumper-2-bumper traffic
Very bad A-Pillar, reduce the turning clearance view.
Bumpy ride on bad roads.

Also had a major accident with car grounded for three weeks and damages amounted to 70K. But repair job done by Vipul motors was excellent. I had the fear that car will not be the same again. But I do not have a single sign of the accident now. There was a noise from one of the wheel bearing, but whole hub was changed under warranty. Again excellent service.

Experience with Vipul Motors : 10/10 as of now
They follow me more than myself on the problem I generally report. Like for last 3 weeks they have been calling me for Cigratte Lighter problem I reported 3 weeks back casually.
Old 26th May 2009, 17:32   #112
Senior - BHPian

Rajiv,

This is an honest feedback from a satisfied SX 4 owner and a few things stand out:

1)The car has reasonable fue efficiency.
2) Maruti After Sales service is a big plus.
3) The car holds on well with usage.

If only Maruti can cure the vibration/ juddering problems at low speed and make the rear seat ride a bit more compliant. It has done 2 years since it was launched and can do with these upgrades. The rear seat I believe has aledy been redesigned.

Any thing related to the A pillar woud require major upgrade of the car.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote