Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th May 2008, 17:04   #1

Default Review of Swift Vxi

Hi,
Its time for me to post the initial review of my new Swift Vxi. I know it has been reviewed lots of time before, but here is my experience.

First the dealers. I checked with Apra, Pasco, and Compentent in Gurgaon. Apra and Competent told me point blank that there is a minimum of 1 month delivery time, corporate discount or not. Apra also told me that if I have a NRI account, the delivery time will shorten to 15 days. However, Pasco told me that in a corporate discount, they can shorten the time to 15 days - no NRI account needed.

Luckily, they actually delivered the car in 6 days time. The new car looks really good - all shiny and swanky . Swift has changed its taillight in the new version of Swift and put in more features in the vxi. I got a Blaunpunkt Hamburg HU and Kenwood door speakers - which are enough for me - but they increased the accessories cost to over 30k.

The driving experience in the new car is much better than the test drive ones.
-The car zooms ahead of everything and feels quite smooth to drive. It doesnt lose much power with the A/c on or with more people onboard.
-The brakes are good and responsive - I didnt get ABS - they is anyway no rain in Gurgaon.
-The steering feels light as a feather. What a relief over the Matiz.
-The A/c is very effective - after a while, it feels cold in the front row.
-The space is adequate for a family of 4 - havent tried out 5 people yet.
-The black upholstery doesnt look bad, as I thought before. However, it does make the car look small from inside. Add to it the small rear window.

I just got it serviced for the first time after 800 kms. My only worry is that there is a slight noise coming from the wheels - a 'tip tip' sound. During the service, the mechanic told me that it is because of the small stones stuck in the tyres. Hope that is the actual case.

Overall, a nice powerful experience with my Swift.
shubhox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 00:56   #2
BHPian

First off, congratulations for the upgrade mate..!

I'm planning to switch to a Swift petrol too (Vxi) but not sure of the mileage.. I do drive a bit on the faster end, so I know I won't get the best.. But still want to get an idea if it's too low compared to any others in the same range..?

Do update about the mileage metrics that you're getting now, and about the later experience too..

Cheers,
J.
jsmonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 11:11   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonu View Post

I'm planning to switch to a Swift petrol too (Vxi) but not sure of the mileage..
Cheers,
J.
You are revivng an old thread. There are enough details on the Swift petrol mileage in this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...fficiency.html (What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?)

I own a 2008 Swift Vxi and it gives ~12kpl in city and ~16kpl on highway (max recorded is 18kpl on the highway). This is with a sedate driving pattern.
rajakumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 11:15   #4
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase.

What were the new features added in the VXi model?
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 11:26   #5
BHPian

As said earlier, this is a old thread revived. I own a swift and I drive with moderate speed. I get a mileage of 12.5-13 with 80% AC. Never went on long drive though
ubsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 03:26   #6
BHPian

My Swift ZXI gives 10kmpl due to the problem with clutch assembly. will let you'll know when i've repaired it!
leprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 10:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhox View Post
-The brakes are good and responsive - I didnt get ABS - they is anyway no rain in Gurgaon.
Quite an old thread, but anyway! What makes you think that ABS is only for rains?
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 15:23   #8
BHPian

Pretty old thread. ABS is good for all seasons, why only rains.
basilmabraham is offline   Reply With Quote