Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th June 2008, 17:20   #16
BHPian

Hi So how has the experience been with the new osram lights. I am thinking on the same lines cause the current lights are crappy. let me know
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 19:29   #17
BHPian

@Mav2000: the light change got delayed. some one scratched driver side back bumper (my car was in a parking lot when this happened). the event put me into a search for scratch remover. and ever since i am now busy accumulating maintenance stuff before i turn to the lights.

Also, i was reading a subaru club site and there was debate on Philips Vs Osram's with philips getting better reviews than the osram's.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2008, 20:55   #18
BHPian

Congrats Maven on the new car!
Did you change the stock lights and what is the result?
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 13:28   #19
BHPian

yeah let us know, so we can work on the same also.
Old 19th August 2008, 12:37   #20
BHPian

After my drive back from Coimbatore to Bangalore last night, i echo the feeling of cedizens here and rightly so. I managed to drive by just following the road ( marked by the oncoming glare ) and knowing the car would just drive on.
santhosh_kumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 16:40   #21
BHPian

Hey what about philips H4 plus 55/60w. No requiremet of elect mods, just plug those in. I am thinking of putting them in my cedia. There is thread on reviews of these bulbs here.
1000Horses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 19:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Spend arnd 8k and get a set of good HID's... Worth the light and the look.

The 100/90s will only fade ur headlamps after a while.. And u would need a relay n all that so it will also void ur warranty

Last edited by karthik247 : 19th August 2008 at 19:05.
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 19:07   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post

The 100/90s will only fade ur headlamps after a while.. And u would need a relay n all that so it will also void ur warranty
Hey Karthik,
How long are you been having this setup?. And are you able to have low/high beam adjustment with this setup?. I basically dont want to blind the incoming traffic for my comfort, so the enquiry of the low-beam.

-Thanks
santhosh
santhosh_kumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 21:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Hey Karthik,
How long are you been having this setup?. And are you able to have low/high beam adjustment with this setup?. I basically dont want to blind the incoming traffic for my comfort, so the enquiry of the low-beam.

-Thanks
santhosh
Right now, i'm using the 8000k xenons which have xenon as low beam and the normal yellow light for high beam but i'm plannin to change it so that i have xenon all the time, dim or bright
Old 20th August 2008, 13:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
Hey what about philips H4 plus 55/60w. No requiremet of elect mods, just plug those in. I am thinking of putting them in my cedia. There is thread on reviews of these bulbs here.
nothing like Philips exteme vision (not avaialble in India AFAIK). but worth the effort really.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 15:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post

You believe HIDs won't void warranty . HIDs sans projectors is lame... it doesn't work very well and worse than that blinds oncoming traffic.
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 15:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
You believe HIDs won't void warranty . HIDs sans projectors is lame... it doesn't work very well and worse than that blinds oncoming traffic.
No, i very well know it does.. and so do the 90/100 bulbs which also blind oncoming traffic AND fade ur head lamps, which the xenons don't.

Last edited by karthik247 : 20th August 2008 at 15:54.
Old 20th August 2008, 16:31   #28
BHPian

Default RE: Cedia headlights

@ patfinder & mav200: thanks

i have clocked 3000kms+ and its been a joy.

regarding the lights, my woes continue specially when its raining at night. its quite bad then.

i have scouted around for osram's/philips but no one stocks them. sourcing them is an issue. still looking. some of the shops handed over the same stock "della" bulbs to me saying this is good!!

the extreme visions and its ilk do not last long we would keep changing the bulbs every other month. not a solution.
The idea of an upgrade to the wattage is not something that the service centre liked too much. they are worried about the beautiful smoked headlights getting messed up. so that got voted out too.
...As karthik & reign have also pointed out.

i had posted a query regarding the lights in another section here and even xenon's wont suffice if you are using the current reflector setup.

So the other logical option could be a projector HID setup. i was surfing through some of the evo/lancer message boards on a US site & it does mean that the high beam is something that may have to be sacrificed in this case. some of them said the so called motorised hi-lo beam xenon is a sham.
Old 20th August 2008, 17:17   #29
BHPian

@ maven, what about the philips as higlighted earlier in this thread? Also in bangalore xenon is a no no as of now.
Old 22nd September 2008, 19:19   #30
BHPian

Default RE: Headlamps issue

had a small accident last week. was raining at night and there was a santro with its light on full beam. i got blinded. with my stock headlamps not really helping see much of the road. almost bumped into a dog standing in the middle of the road. the front skirt attached to the bumper has partially come off and needs to be replaced. expense of 5K.

i have had enough and went to the service centre and asked them if they would do the installation for 90/100's. they shirked away saying that the wiring is "smart wiring" they wont do it but you can get it done from outside. i said mine is a 4 month old car and it will void the warranty, they said yes it will. Duh. then with some pushing workshop guys said these kind of modifications will be done from the showroom

At the showroom: no this will get done from the workshop. i said you folks decide. i need a headlamp improvement maybe HID's because the stock lamps arent enough for me. the guy at the showroom has said that he will check with Mitsu and ask them if HID's can be installed and if yes then they will get them and then install. Have to wait for a week for a response.

somehow i am not very positive about the response. i am wondering, Mitsu doesnt stock projector & HID setup. its not an OEM, has to be aftermarket.