Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th July 2008, 21:32   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Siraj, is the one supplied by default in the Aveo with 6 speakers, a Kenwood? (as mentioned above by manikjeet)
Srijit - Not sure about which one they are giving now. I tried to see the branding on my friend's 1.5 year old LT but could not figure it out. And no - it does not have an AUX in built in.
sirajbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 11:28   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajbose View Post
Srijit - Not sure about which one they are giving now. I tried to see the branding on my friend's 1.5 year old LT but could not figure it out. And no - it does not have an AUX in built in.
The stereo on an Aveo 1.4 LS LE is Alpine OEM model.

And yes, it does have an AUX where you can plug in your iPod.. its a single stereo in port on the front right. Its very understated and easy to miss.
gsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 12:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
The stereo on an Aveo 1.4 LS LE is Alpine OEM model.

And yes, it does have an AUX where you can plug in your iPod.. its a single stereo in port on the front right. Its very understated and easy to miss.
Are you sure? I haven't seen any

Any pictures possible?
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 15:50   #19
BHPian

Caught the Aveo at close range at Ansal Plaza, Delhi at the time of its launch. Beautiful interiors in the full trim version which was on display. Many families were jumping in one after the other to try it out.

Congrats on your new purchase.

Cheers
Anand
arajand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 15:53   #20
BHPian

Congrats man! Any body has any idea of service costs for Aveo?
biju_kp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 06:00   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju_kp View Post
Congrats man! Any body has any idea of service costs for Aveo?
If you have CPCO - then of course no maintenance / service costs for 3 years.

Even otherwise, they have a key spare parts list that shows cost of spares well below Ford and Honda City. I think there was a similar article in magazine recently.
Old 24th July 2008, 12:15   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Are you sure? I haven't seen any

Any pictures possible?
Here you go - can play MP3 CDs and also has the AUX IN port.
Attached Thumbnails
Why I decided to buy Chevrolet Aveo 1.4-img00283.jpg  

Old 1st September 2016, 22:11   #23

Default Re: Why I decided to buy Chevrolet Aveo 1.4

I have owned two Aveos. I bought the first one, a 1.6 LT in 2007. It was a good car and served me well. I sold it in 2009 after it had clocked 37,000 trouble free kilometers. I bought the second one in 2011. This was a 1.4 LT. It has given me trouble. The noise dampers were not present under the hood and I had to pay to get them installed. after about 16,000 km the clutch master cylinder leaked its contents onto the road and I had to pay 10K to get the car towed and repaired. The service station in Kolkata (Dulichand Motors) told me that the clutch plate might need replacement - I rubbished the idea and absurd. Somewhere along the line, the music system gave up the ghost and is now sitting dead in the dashboard.
I now have a suggestion for GM/Chevrolet - please take your junk to some other country, we Indians are becoming quality conscious and the writing is on the wall in the resale value of a used Aveo.
The second Aveo 1.4 LT was the worst purchase I have ever made and I am certain that I am NEVER going to buy an American origin car again.
paperweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016, 08:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

^^^ My friend has an Aveo Base 1.4 of 2007 vintage.

The car is rock solid even after 120000kms , with a CNG kit added at approx 25000kms.

I have enjoyed the ride in that car , and as a driver , had only the vague gear shift to complain about.
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2017, 13:41   #25

Checked this thread by chance. I am using Chevy Aveo since December 2006. The model is 1.4 base and is of the first stock of Aveos with its so called issues. It has done 90000 kms. Ownership experience has been breeze. The car has never given any trouble except few maintenance issues. Radiator had to be changed due to leakage at around 70000 kms. Time belt changed at 60000 kms. The car is still going strong after a decade of ownernship.
ambikr is offline   Reply With Quote