Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd May 2008, 11:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

even i was told that my windows are tinted. the only place i saw tinted is the top of the front windscreen.
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:10   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
crosscap, you have one stunning beautiful mini sedan. Enjoy your car. I am always a fan of Tata cars, specially diesel one. I just sold my Indica after driving it for 98k KM with no issues at all.

Congratulations once again. Drive safe.
rkbharat, that's so kind of you. I am really encouraged after getting your feedback, since honestly I still hear the question why I opted for Tata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
even i was told that my windows are tinted. the only place i saw tinted is the top of the front windscreen.
Okay. So it means none of the glasses are tinted. I think only high end cars come with tinted glasses installed by default; isn't that so?

BTW, greenhorn, i like your remarks very much. You pay attention to so many details. Now I regret that I should have been more careful in fitting the front speakers.

Last edited by Zappo : 31st May 2008 at 16:47. Reason: Contiguous posts merged
crosscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscap View Post
Okay. So it means none of the glasses are tinted. I think only high end cars come with tinted glasses installed by default; isn't that so?
Thats not true, my 6 year old Indica came with all tinted windows. But anyways if you are going for sunfilm, it does not matter. Alahabad is as hot as delhi
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Dont worry about your decision. Yes the car has tinited windows but the tint is minimal whereas the tint on the front is very pronounced. Is it a TDi engine or a Dicor? I am sure you will have many kms of pure driving pleasure. Check the braking feel. I am somehow not very confident about the braking system of Tata. So do drive sedately and enjoy.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscap View Post
BTW, greenhorn, i like your remarks very much. You pay attention to so many details. Now I regret that I should have been more careful in fitting the front speakers.
Thank you
No issues with the fronts. I dont think they cost much, and even if you decide to junk them( and upgrade to components later) , they wont cost much . If you are used to hearing your music from the rear ( from your previous car) then wont be an issue.

I, on the other hand found listening to music coming from the rear very disorienting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Is it a TDi engine or a Dicor?.....Check the braking feel. I am somehow not very confident about the braking system of Tata.
Its a GLS -> petrol

and the braking , since it has 175/65 14 inchers as opposed to 165/65 13 inchers on a regular indica, there should be some more grip

Last edited by greenhorn : 22nd May 2008 at 14:12.
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:47   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you
No issues with the fronts. I dont think they cost much, and even if you decide to junk them( and upgrade to components later) , they wont cost much . If you are used to hearing your music from the rear ( from your previous car) then wont be an issue.

I, on the other hand found listening to music coming from the rear very disorienting.
In my previous car, speakers were only on the front doors. Perhaps I will upgrade later.

Quote:
Its a GLS -> petrol

and the braking , since it has 175/65 14 inchers as opposed to 165/65 13 inchers on a regular indica, there should be some more grip
Yes, wanderernomad, it's a petrol version, not a diesel one, as greenhorn has pointed out. You are right greenhorn, the brakes are quite good and responsive; it stops the car instantly. The wheel being bigger, it has firm grip on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Congrats buddy!
Good car, but personally don't like the boot....makes the car look disproportionate.
Enjoy and drive safe.
Thank you Jayabusa!

I hope you are not referring to original indigo. Indigo's boot makes it a little disproportionate. In the new indigo CS, Tata has chopped off the boot space a little(people say CS = cut short ) and now I personaly feel that it looks cute.

Last edited by Zappo : 31st May 2008 at 16:50. Reason: You seem to make too many successive posts in closed intervals. Please use the Multiquote button or else Edit in the 1st 20 mins if you missed something earlier.
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:10   #37
BHPian

Congrats, I am a proud Indigo owner for the past 4 years and have done 50K already..it is a great VFM car and has never let me down even once in so many long drives..all the best and enjoy your new car
sridharps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 16:19   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Congrats, I am a proud Indigo owner for the past 4 years and have done 50K already..it is a great VFM car and has never let me down even once in so many long drives..all the best and enjoy your new car
Thank you so much sridharps for your encouragement and feedback! I guess you had a petrol version of indigo.

Last edited by crosscap : 22nd May 2008 at 16:37.
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy! That's a nice car and nice colour choice. Red looks really brilliant on CS.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 20:34   #40
BHPian

Nice car buddy, take care of her and she will give you years of happy riding.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 22:47   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Congrats buddy! That's a nice car and nice colour choice. Red looks really brilliant on CS.
Thank you. It took some time before making thr final choice between the red and black. Finally I opted for the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Nice car buddy, take care of her and she will give you years of happy riding.
Hey zaks, thanks a lot!

Last edited by crosscap : 22nd May 2008 at 22:51.
Old 25th May 2008, 19:48   #42
BHPian

Default Few more snaps

As per request of luvjascha and others, I am posting few more pics of my car, in particular of the interior. One of the photos show the Blaupunkt HU Mumbai Mp 26 beling played with my ipod touch connected to it. The connection waire(black) lying near the gearshift, is for connecting to the ipod. I have been provided with a set of few standard tools. It is part of the standrad free set of accesssories from Tata and not from the dealer.

Name:  DSC00008.JPG
Views: 1370
Size:  142.3 KB

Name:  DSC00009.JPG
Views: 1391
Size:  143.7 KB

Name:  DSC00010.JPG
Views: 1406
Size:  143.1 KB

Name:  DSC00011.JPG
Views: 1373
Size:  139.1 KB

Name:  DSC00012.JPG
Views: 1322
Size:  119.7 KB

Name:  DSC00013.JPG
Views: 1307
Size:  136.2 KB

Name:  DSC00014.JPG
Views: 1296
Size:  144.3 KB

Name:  DSC00015.JPG
Views: 1311
Size:  140.5 KB

Name:  DSC00017.JPG
Views: 1290
Size:  138.8 KB

Name:  DSC00020.JPG
Views: 1270
Size:  145.0 KB

Name:  DSC00016.JPG
Views: 1344
Size:  140.0 KB

Name:  DSC00018.JPG
Views: 1266
Size:  98.8 KB

Name:  DSC00019.JPG
Views: 1241
Size:  144.1 KB
Old 26th May 2008, 00:08   #43
BANNED

Thanks for the pictures, man. Your ride sure looks sweet!

If it's not too much to ask, could you perhaps post some pictures of the boot, and the iPod while connected to the Head Unit? Also, would like to see how the steering cover looks on the wheel. What color is it?

Does the vehicle have one or two trip meters?

What is the area, right below the Head Unit - the one with the black lid-like cover? Is it meant for cell phone charging?

I recommend that you have the stock tube type tires exchanged for tubeless ones. The sooner, the better; this way, they'd fetch ya' a better price.

Last edited by luvjascha : 26th May 2008 at 00:09.
luvjascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 01:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures cross. The interiors look really good. Seat covers looking good too. You need to maintain these light shaded interiors well.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 09:16   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Nice pictures cross. The interiors look really good. Seat covers looking good too. You need to maintain these light shaded interiors well.
Hi Dippy, thank you for your compliments. I am also concerned about about the maintenance. During this particular time of the year, everything gathers a lot of dust after the famous aandhi sweeps across the region. Just right after the purchase, this car had faced two terrifying aandhis.