Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2008, 19:59   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,254
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Congrats on the great buy! Simpson Red is awasome, I pressurized and wrote Toyota multiple occassions to come up with bright Red, Black colours on Innova, Its good they listen to customers. They could achieve better sales once they came up with Black and Red. It looks very nice with dark colors. Soon they should come with some shade of Blue and Pearl White!

Goodyear tyres are not so good they tend to show lot of issues. But don't worry many are driving Innova with Goodyears. If you plan to upgrade tyre and buy Alloys now only buy Michellin 205/65 R15 or 225/60 R15 tyres. Else once vehicle completes 25,000km plan to buy new tyres and alloys. Remember steel rims suitable for stock size of the tyre (205), If you buy anything above 205 tyre make sure you buy appropriate suitable alloy!

All the best.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 8th June 2008 at 20:00.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 20:19   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Shillong
Posts: 925
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
that will be a little tough considering the turbo starts around that point.

i think you should keep below 3k rpm.
This happens when you don't have a bicycle and still are an enthusiast.

As Akshay said, keep it under 3K. Sorry.
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 20:55   #33
BHPian
 
sidd_city's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Goa-London
Posts: 138
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Congrats on your new car! A very good decision there the Innova sure is a very good car. I recently hired one and self drove it to belgaum. Was really Impressed by it. Though it looks big from the outside Inside its just like a car. Unlike the truck like sitting in the safari.
sidd_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 21:23   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
jaysmokesleaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mostly Mumbai
Posts: 1,676
Thanked: 1,159 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Thanks everyone.

Had a question...how should i run in the car?
By all means Run it in as hard as you like. Do not have second thoughts about anything. Just go by the feel of the engine and keep pushing it harder through the gears as it frees up. DO not bother about " keeping it within xxxx rpm range". Its just that people feel that since the car is new "it should be opened up slowly". IMO, i beg to differ. It does not make any difference. Modern engines are built that way. You drive it out of the showroom and go go go.... unless the service manual differs... i still will stick to what ive said. Goodluck and have fun.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 21:37   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Shillong
Posts: 925
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
By all means Run it in as hard as you like. Do not have second thoughts about anything. Just go by the feel of the engine and keep pushing it harder through the gears as it frees up. DO not bother about " keeping it within xxxx rpm range". Its just that people feel that since the car is new "it should be opened up slowly". IMO, i beg to differ. It does not make any difference. Modern engines are built that way. You drive it out of the showroom and go go go.... unless the service manual differs... i still will stick to what ive said. Goodluck and have fun.
Sorry of going off topic here, does the Safari have any such restrictions mentioned in the user's manual? Did you go hard on your beast after you got it?
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 21:57   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
jaysmokesleaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mostly Mumbai
Posts: 1,676
Thanked: 1,159 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Sorry of going off topic here, does the Safari have any such restrictions mentioned in the user's manual? Did you go hard on your beast after you got it?
I do not know what the safari manual says about running in. I guess if there was such a section in the manual for running in instructions, then i have ignored the nonsense. I follow the hard running in method which to me means driving it hard through the gears to free the engine up myself rather than waiting for christmas for it to oblige.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 22:03   #37
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Toyota Innova G4 - Nearly booked-picture-007.jpg

Thanks everyone again on the info.

I drove for around 30 kms today and had difficult making the rpm meter cross 2k. It stayed between 1-2k with proper gear changes and went upto 70 kms in 5th.

I am going to go slow as i need to adjust to this huge size. Compared to my santro, its 100 cms longer and a few cms longer than optra and corrola.

Ravi - i plan to stick to stock tyres for now. And yes, it looks really good now. But most of red innovas tend to acquire a dull hue after few months, so lets see how this goes.

One thing that Toyota needs to fix is to introduce more seating variants. There are no 7 seater variants in petrol and G1 diesel doesnt have a 7 seater. E variant ofcourse doesnt come with an AC and there is no option from toyota to get it added as well.

And yes, they need to introduce more colors. Only colors worth buying now are champagne, black and red. They need to bring back dark blue (like you have) and introduce dark green.

Last edited by LLL : 8th June 2008 at 22:13.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 23:10   #38
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,669 Times
Default

LLL - they had 7 seaters in petrols but in 2006 aug they discontinued this and introduced the g4 etc.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 09:41   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
One thing that Toyota needs to fix is to introduce more seating variants. There are no 7 seater variants in petrol and G1 diesel doesnt have a 7 seater. E variant ofcourse doesnt come with an AC and there is no option from toyota to get it added as well.
are you sure the E does not come with A/C? according to my knowledge, all innova variants have A/C. i think you meant it does not have rear vents. also, E does not have power steering.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 12:59   #40
BHPian
 
whatcanthisbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: http://www.wandering-online.com
Posts: 501
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

congrats LLL
looks nice
can yopu post some interior pics ,
also what dealer did you deal with ?
whatcanthisbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 13:45   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi,

> BTW, Trying to get used to the massive size and nearly broke my right
> ORVM in a near brush with bus. Just avoided it by few cms.

If it is the electrically operated variety, it is 5800+. That was the cost I paid for a mirror in my Innova V. They stick out a lot more and so kinldy be careful in your runs.

> I am going to go slow as i need to adjust to this huge size. Compared to my
> santro, its 100 cms longer and a few cms longer than optra and corrola.

Length x Width x Height (all in millimetres) (from respective websites)

4555 x 1770 x 1755 Innova

4530 x 1705 x 1490 Corolla

4540 x 1725 x 1445 Optra

3565 x 1525 x 1590 Santro Xing

Lengthwise, the Innova is hardly longer than the Optra / Corolla. Width of the car is also not much. But it does feel like it is a lot bigger than it is. Further, I am not sure thay have included the mirror width in the specification.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 17:00   #42
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
are you sure the E does not come with A/C? according to my knowledge, all innova variants have A/C. i think you meant it does not have rear vents. also, E does not have power steering.
Yes, E does not come with AC. But dealer can fit an ac for 46k. Also E has an option to get PS added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
congrats LLL
looks nice
can yopu post some interior pics ,
also what dealer did you deal with ?
Sure...Will add soon. I am dealing with Uttam Toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

> BTW, Trying to get used to the massive size and nearly broke my right
> ORVM in a near brush with bus. Just avoided it by few cms.

If it is the electrically operated variety, it is 5800+. That was the cost I paid for a mirror in my Innova V. They stick out a lot more and so kinldy be careful in your runs.

> I am going to go slow as i need to adjust to this huge size. Compared to my
> santro, its 100 cms longer and a few cms longer than optra and corrola.

Length x Width x Height (all in millimetres) (from respective websites)

4555 x 1770 x 1755 Innova

4530 x 1705 x 1490 Corolla

4540 x 1725 x 1445 Optra

3565 x 1525 x 1590 Santro Xing

Lengthwise, the Innova is hardly longer than the Optra / Corolla. Width of the car is also not much. But it does feel like it is a lot bigger than it is. Further, I am not sure thay have included the mirror width in the specification.
I am stumped about mirror controls. I couldnt find any controls (manual or electrical) to adjust the mirrors. I tried adjusting by hand and mirrors wont budge.

Eventhough innova is just a few cms longer than Corolla/Optra, the boxy nature makes it feel longer. The cabin is small in Corolla/OPtra, so it doesnt give the same sense of length.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 17:09   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
I am stumped about mirror controls. I couldnt find any controls (manual or electrical) to adjust the mirrors. I tried adjusting by hand and mirrors wont budge.

Eventhough innova is just a few cms longer than Corolla/Optra, the boxy nature makes it feel longer. The cabin is small in Corolla/OPtra, so it doesnt give the same sense of length.
yours is not a V variant. i am not sure whether G1/G4 comes with electrically adjustable ORVMs. if it does, then there must be a switch to the right of a steering column, a little lower.

the innova is not that long, it looks huge, probably because it has a short bonnet and a long body.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 17:16   #44
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
yours is not a V variant. i am not sure whether G1/G4 comes with electrically adjustable ORVMs. if it does, then there must be a switch to the right of a steering column, a little lower.
Yes, i checked the specs and it says manual ORVMs. But how do i move them? There is no lever and i tried to move the mirrors (not the casing) by hand and they wont budge.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 17:22   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Yes, i checked the specs and it says manual ORVMs. But how do i move them? There is no lever and i tried to move the mirrors (not the casing) by hand and they wont budge.
yes, if they are manual, the only way to move them is by hand, toyota does not provide any levers. try harder, maybe they are too tight as its new.

P.S.: no responsibility will be taken or compensation provided if the mirror breaks.
touch wood!
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacing our 2 lakh km Innova - Toyota Innova Crysta vs Ford Endeavour icyspikey SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 31 16th May 2017 18:48
Booked my Toyota Innova G1 today (EDIT: Taken delivery now, Pics on page 2) prabhusati Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 86 11th September 2012 14:10
nanoLog® - Bangalore to Tiruvanamalai and nearly Pondy - 640Kms in a nano svsantosh Travelogues 11 2nd April 2010 23:53
Toyota Owners Share Stories of Nearly Being Killed For Safety Reasons anjan_c2007 The International Automotive Scene 6 19th November 2009 14:28
Suzuki SX4 or NHC type 1 second hand EDIT: SX4 now booked - EDIT 1 -Swift VDi booked GeekSrik Hatchbacks 126 24th June 2007 12:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:57.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks