Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd May 2008, 10:00   #16
BHPian

Default Congratulations!

I am a happy owner of a 3.0L from the past 1 year, I should say you will have little problems with your beast.

About the air leaking from the door, I had a similar problem with rain water leaking in from the rear door - got it fixed by replacing the beading on the door. Its a 15 minute job, can get it done very easily.

I have the same Sony DV2000 unit, it is a good player, plays the most scrached discs easily.

Congrats again - only advice would be to get your services done timely .
wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:08   #17
BHPian

Hi Manohar, Nice to see another safari in the forum.Waiting for the pics of your beauty.
stable rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:47   #18
BHPian

Thumbs up

Hi Manohar- congrats on the new truck. I too took delivery of my safari on the 20th. I second your observation on the Krrrr sound on lower speeds and also while the clutch is pressed to change gears. The sound vanishes at higher speeds as observed by you too. Hope this is a regular new engine feature of the safari. Keep us posted on the feedback that you recieve from the TASS guys for this observation. Enjoy the ride.
Dieselone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:31   #19

Default Got hands on new safari 2.2 VTT

I purchased the EX version.
manohar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:40   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manohar View Post
The reasons for upgrading to safari are
4.Improved new engine,middle row seating and pricing(Value for money)were the reasons why i upgraded to safari

Lastly,do give me your address and shall be sending you the famous Dharwad pedhas.
Nice and short comparison.

Congrats; Welcome to the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manohar View Post
The steering of scorpio was fragile and scary turning radius.The scorpio is better with 5.5 m. turning radius against safari`s 6.0 m.
The t u r n i n g radius can be a pain sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselone View Post
Hi Manohar- congrats on the new truck. I too took delivery of my safari on the 20th. I second your observation on the Krrrr sound on lower speeds and also while the clutch is pressed to change gears. The sound vanishes at higher speeds as observed by you too. Hope this is a regular new engine feature of the safari. Keep us posted on the feedback that you recieve from the TASS guys for this observation. Enjoy the ride.
Krr sound at 1800-1200 rpm in third gear?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. The number of 2.2s on the forum these days is quite amazing.

Mere number kab aayega?
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:49   #22
BHPian

Congrats Manohar. Your reasons for the migration from Scorpio to Safari looks very genuine. Pls. do post pics & also your ownership reports. There might be few others who will be interested in the migration.

BTW what is this krrr you all are talking about & why are you not getting it fixed?
mansidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 16:16   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
Congrats Manohar. Your reasons for the migration from Scorpio to Safari looks very genuine. Pls. do post pics & also your ownership reports. There might be few others who will be interested in the migration.

BTW what is this krrr you all are talking about & why are you not getting it fixed?
The krrr noise is confusing. Can people specify at what rpm/gear they hear it? For me, its 1800-2100 in3rd and 1900-2100 in 4th and not sure if this krr krr is same as you all are talking about.

edit; its not krrr,its different for me.

Last edited by jkdas : 22nd May 2008 at 16:18.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 16:40   #24

Default Got hands on new safari 2.2 VTT

Yes,the krr sound is noticed mainly in 3rd and 4th gear.Is it due to fuel?It does irritate to hear this sound and tata engineers should work and fix this problem and i am sure that the engine will become super silent and in the league of M Hawk.They say that common rail engines are very sensitive to fuel quality and must always use good quality deisel from known and trustworthy petrol stations.
manohar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:28   #25
BHPian

i guess its the fuel pump sound which is quite common on all Crdi vehicles.
chaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:42   #26
BHPian

congrats Manohar...

Avi
Avin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:55   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
i guess its the fuel pump sound which is quite common on all Crdi vehicles.
Which other CRDI vehicle have such sound from fuel pump? I have personally used Innova(35000 km) and Magnum(21000 km).In both these CRDI i never heard any sounds.My friend who drives Accent crdi( around 65k km) too never complained about such a sound. So which CRDI vehicles are you talking about.
stable rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 18:17   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
Which other CRDI vehicle have such sound from fuel pump? I have personally used Innova(35000 km) and Magnum(21000 km).In both these CRDI i never heard any sounds.My friend who drives Accent crdi( around 65k km) too never complained about such a sound. So which CRDI vehicles are you talking about.
with you. IMO, absolutely incorrect statement from Chaxy. Even i drive a viva crdi and in the last 24K kms never heard any sound like that from my fuel pump
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 19:24   #29
BHPian

Congrats, Manohar and DieselOne!

Sheepishly announcing yet another addition to the clan, which is that of mine

Got the Arctic Silver LX version from Auto MATRIX. The keys were handed over to my parents on the 21st. Yet to go back home and take a look.

Manohar, our cars must be from the same batch as the lot arrived on the 12th (from what i learned), and it took me some time to get the finance formalities completed from SBI
dkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 19:53   #30
BHPian

Congrats guys...A Black EX and a Silver LX. Way to go T-BHPians
It sure is rocking Safari 2.2s here... I guess we should be talking with tht Tata guys to sponsor T-BHP
hmishra83 is offline   Reply With Quote