Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st May 2008, 09:48   #61

Default Got hands on new safari 2.2 VTT

Yesterday evening while returning from my farm there lie a stone on the road and i thought the vehicle will pass through that stone but it hit the rear axle.When i returned home and observed,i felt the clearance from axle with all those supports for suspension,the ground clearance was less.The ground clearance mentioned is 205 mm.Do we get this clearance from rear axle?
manohar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 12:13   #62
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Let me rephrase my statement for more clarity. I have yet to see *an Indian manufacturer* who recommends Indian premium diesel.
Now that is also a fact. No one knows for sure what additives goes into Normal Diesel to make it a "premium" one and no long-term tests have been done on such. Again all the premiums have their own list of additives and they dont disclose the ingredients, no two premium are same.

But we have a well established standard for Normal Diesel, of course if you get it pure from a well known pump.

Though very much liked the IOC premium for Safari VTT, would be trying out for the first time Normal Diesel + System D. That seems to be the neutral ground in this never ending debate about which fuel.

And also, System D is approved by Tata Motors.
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 13:27   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manohar View Post
Yesterday evening while returning from my farm there lie a stone on the road and i thought the vehicle will pass through that stone but it hit the rear axle.When i returned home and observed,i felt the clearance from axle with all those supports for suspension,the ground clearance was less.The ground clearance mentioned is 205 mm.Do we get this clearance from rear axle?
The attached Safarivtt.jpg , which is a snapshot from safaridicor.com very clearly gives the ground clearance at 205 mm from the lowest point of the rear axle to the ground. However all these values are for unladen vehicle
Attached Thumbnails
Got hands on new Safari 2.2 VTT-safarivtt.jpg  

Last edited by kingshukt : 31st May 2008 at 13:29.
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 15:02   #64
BHPian

hi,
welcome to the club
bglsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:59   #65
BHPian

hi Manohar, you must've got a letter by now, from Auto MATRIX about your customer relationship no. for future communications, and along with it a photo too.
I'm mentioning this because the guys have mailed us a wrong photo of the delivery ceremony!!!
I guess it's you in the snap, since it's a black Safari in the pic
And what snap have they sent you?
dkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 13:23   #66

Hi! Mr.Kamat,
I am yet to receive any letter with photograph from Auto Matrix.Yes,it could be me only if it is a black safari and i was wearing blue T shirt.I will confirm once i receive the letter.Hope you are enjoying your new vehicle.
Old 4th June 2008, 09:43   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manohar View Post
it could be me only if it is a black safari and i was wearing blue T shirt
Yes! It's you indeed. Please PM me your postal address if you don't receive any communication from them in the next 2-3 days. Will post you the snap, and will collect my copy from them during my next visit.
And yes, am enjoying the drive
Old 4th June 2008, 10:38   #68
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your new beast dude...
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 12:19   #69

Dear Mr.Kamat,
I did get a letter from Auto Matrix yesterday but without any photograph.I will be very happy if you could send me that picture by post.Thank you very much.My address is
Manohar Desai
Basava Nivas
U.B.Hill
Dharwad-580001
Karnataka.
Old 5th June 2008, 09:10   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
congrats on your new beast dude...
Thank you, Raj!, though i somehow feel am stealing wishes meant for Manohar . I guess sharing is allowed here. hehe.

hi Manohar, have couriered the snap to your address.