Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th July 2008, 00:01   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom77 View Post
Bugs, Just got back from Yelagiri yesterday and the OSRAMs proved its worth all along. I faced no issues with the lighting and with the fogs the illumination was sufficient. The reach of these bulbs are pretty good and sign boards, crossing pedestrians all were noticeable. I am a happy man with the OSRams +50 and good VFM.
Thanks Vroom. This was informative. Will check out OSRams. Did you get additional relay fitted. hope there was no re-wiring required for this rating.

@ Dadu. I'll check the price here in Canada (exp then the US) and see if it make sense getting it from here or India. Hope these are universal bulbs and will fit the OE socket ( excuse my novice question) and no major mods required.

Thanks once again.
Bugs.
bhagathmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 00:10   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathmp View Post
Thanks Vroom. This was informative. Will check out OSRams. Did you get additional relay fitted. hope there was no re-wiring required for this rating.
No modification of wiring is required. If you are open to the idea of wiring modification then Philips Rally 90/100 seems good. Fellow bhpian jkdas has recently upgraded his safari's headlamps and is very happy.
vroom77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 05:28   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Upgrades:
Bulbs: OSRam Silverstar 50% H4 and H3s for fogs (Its white light)
Hey Vroom,

Could you please update on how much did these cost you and where did you pick these up from. I'm supposing these are the headlamps, park lights and the fog lamps.

Correct me if my understanding is worng.

Regards
Bugs
Old 30th July 2008, 10:07   #49
Senior - BHPian

As long as the ratings remain OE, no relay is required, which is true for Silverstar +50.

Quote:
H4 for headlamps and H3 for fogs, stick to these and there will be no problem. These are standard specifications.

Quote:
@ Dadu. I'll check the price here in Canada (exp then the US) and see if it make sense getting it from here or India. Hope these are universal bulbs and will fit the OE socket ( excuse my novice question) and no major mods required.

Thanks once again.
Bugs.
I think the price is apprx 380Rs (pair) for H4 headlamps in bangalore and most people have bought from Nilesh Gandhi, Reliance Auto agency in one of the bye-lanes Near Minerva circle. See here for exact location/ address.

Quote:
Hey Vroom,

Could you please update on how much did these cost you and where did you pick these up from. I'm supposing these are the headlamps, park lights and the fog lamps.

Correct me if my understanding is worng.

Regards
Bugs

Last edited by dadu : 30th July 2008 at 10:14.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 11:38   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No modification of wiring is required. If you are open to the idea of wiring modification then Philips Rally 90/100 seems good. Fellow bhpian jkdas has recently upgraded his safari's headlamps and is very happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
H4 for headlamps and H3 for fogs, stick to these and there will be no problem. These are standard specifications.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html

I think the price is apprx 380Rs (pair) for H4 headlamps in bangalore and most people have bought from Nilesh Gandhi, Reliance Auto agency in one of the bye-lanes Near Minerva circle. See here for exact location/ address.
Upgraded to 90/100 Rally with TVS headlamp wiring kit. Great upgrade as I have posted in the auto lights thread.

The kit costs 500rs or so MRP. You pay for their job and then depending on the bulbs you chooose.

Have to get H3 white ones as vroom has soon.

vroom77; whats the FE?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 13:58   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
As long as the ratings remain OE, no relay is required, which is true for Silverstar +50.

Thanks for the inputs Dadu. Will definitly check for the ratings and prices.

Regards
Bugs
Old 18th August 2008, 00:59   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

vroom77; whats the FE?
Its going good at 13+, I've done only 3k so far and in the last check it was 13+ on highway ride . Will check this month end, driving down to Kerala.

Quote:
Altogether for the H4 and fogs (They have white light) came out to something around 600 bucks.

Last edited by vroom77 : 18th August 2008 at 01:05. Reason: adding for bhagath
Old 29th September 2008, 00:32   #53
BHPian

Nice pics Vroom.

I seem to be the newest member of the Pearl White Safari club and I must say I am very pleased to be one. Like Vroom, I too noticed a small speck of a scratch on the bonnet during delivery. I duly informed the sales guy and he promised it will be taken care of during th first service.
wheelsNsqueals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 16:54   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsNsqueals View Post
Nice pics Vroom.

I seem to be the newest member of the Pearl White Safari club and I must say I am very pleased to be one. Like Vroom, I too noticed a small speck of a scratch on the bonnet during delivery. I duly informed the sales guy and he promised it will be taken care of during th first service.
Congrats wheels on the purchase and welcome to the club ! Good that you checked it, in my case thankfully it was not severe and was on the top.

An update, I feel that the steering could have been smoother and the gear position a bit better or shifts smoother. Both need a bit of effort atm. Also looks like the sound of the engine is more now, it is my wife's comment and I also felt the same.
Old 2nd October 2008, 23:30   #55
BHPian

Update : I have clocked 4k now and weekend driving down to Kerala. Thinking of switching the engine oil to Delo 400 if I am able to get an appointment at Concorde tomorrow. Orelse, once back I will do the change. Got to top up the coolant as its levels have come down. Hope from factory they would have filled Castrol RadiCool.

No problems otherwise, gear shift is a bit notchy and steering a tad tight. Will have them checked too.

Btw, the drilling noise from left side of the bonnet is gone completely and now just the sweet whistle of turbo on sudden acceleration.

Last edited by vroom77 : 2nd October 2008 at 23:34. Reason: adding few more details
Old 3rd October 2008, 18:25   #56
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> Got to top up the coolant as its levels have come down.

In 4K? Check for leaks.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2008, 18:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

Off-topic:
@trrk: You have maded over 500 posts and don't know how to "quote"?
Please learn soon.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2008, 19:08   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

> Got to top up the coolant as its levels have come down.

In 4K? Check for leaks.
Went to Concorde today and got everything checked. The coolant was short by half a litre and there are no visible leaks. Changed the engine oil to Delo 400, bought a 10L can @1650.00 (old price). New price, they say its 2200.00 and prob after discount @1950.

Its too early to talk about the performance with the new oil in and shall update soon on that. steering idler nuts were adjusted and idler arm greased. Now the steering is light and they bled the gear system too as I reported a tight gear. I got myself 1L of engine coolant too. With a complimentary vacuum and wash, I was charged 550.00 towards labor and consumables (Coolant + Airfilter). Good service infact the staff was courteous and Ganesh who was assigned the job did a fantastic job.
Old 3rd October 2008, 19:20   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hi nitrous, (continuing the Off topic)

> You have maded over 500 posts and don't know how to "quote"?

Well, I just quoted what was necessary!

@vroom77:

Keep a watch on that level.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 00:02   #60
BHPian

Update on Delo 400. Did around 700 kms since the oil change and the differences are quite noticeable.

1. Engine sound is less now
2. Refined acceleration

To summarize Delo change has been a good move and the oil confirms to CH4 + MB 283.3 recommended by Tata.

One more thing is now I don't have the drilling sound coming from the left side of the bonnet when accelerated suddenly. Its completely gone now and just the feeble whistle of turbo is all that is left.