Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th June 2008, 17:42   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhusukhu View Post
that FE is awesum...
About the power issue in the 1st gear. My friend also owns a DZire. He also reported this as a problem. the maruti workshop said its because of the cold engine.. So he revs the engine a bit for like 1min or so. and then it is quite fine. Though he is still not satisfied with it.
Thanks Sukhu. I'll get the power issue checked up in my first service which is due this week
saurabhb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 10:46   #32
BHPian

Default 1st service

I got the 1st service done this weekend from dealer workshop(competent). They did a oil change. Total bill was 750 bucks whick included computerised number etching on windows.

Regarding less power in 1st gear, the service guy said it's normal..I am not satisfied though.
Old 30th December 2008, 16:47   #33
BHPian

Default 5000km done

I've done 5000km and the latest mileage stands at 18.5 in city condition(with 30% gurgaon expressway runs). Plan to do the 5K service in another few hundred kms. I was not satisfied with competent ghazipur workshop for 1st service. they have way too many cars to service.. Anyone has good recommendation in Delhi NCR region. North/East/West/South. no constraints.. Would Maruti Service Masters be a better choice than dealer workshops?
Old 30th December 2008, 17:14   #34
Team-BHP Support

Fairdeal Cars, Sahibabad.

Competent, Gurgaon.

Both service stations are relatively less crowded.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 18:37   #35
BHPian

Default 2nd service (5300km) update

Having experienced Competent motors workshop for 1st service, I was looking for a service center in NCR which does not do the service in hurry. I shortlisted Fair Deals (Thanks Eddy) and Maruti service masters okhla, but decided to go for smaller dealer, Fair deals, eventually, as I thought they can do the things without hurrying up.

I was at their Sahibabad workshop at 11am, bit late due to foggy weather.
Following issues/job were job reported-
1) Oil change (I had noticed black oil so thought of changing it )
2) Significant left pull. Had raised it during first service also but was not resolved at competent dealer workshop
3) Break squealing noise
4) Minor scratch removal
5) Difficultly in engaging reverse gear ( occassional)
6) 5 Tyre rotaion

I asked for out of turn oil change at 5K and service advisor offered me to add additive to the oil as well to make the engine smooth. I declined saying that it needs proper run-in at this stage so additive may not help. I guess I did the right thing. Gurus, please let me know.

The cleaning was upto mark, very detailed. They gave about 15 minutes to wash the car. Post that,mopping, glass cleaning and polishing was done for about 30 minutes. They polished every nook and corner of the car. I specifically asked them not to apply polish to the dashboard though.

They put Mobil Devac engine oil and cleaned front breaks but minor noise was still there so they cleaned rear brakes as well. Left pull has decreased but I need to do more testing before I can say for sure if it's been fixed. Soft rubbing was done to remove some scratches.

I was only charged for the 2.9 lit oil and the total bill with tax came to 650.

The last noted average was 18.5 kmpl in 70% city + 30% NH8 highway driving condition during onset of winter, with no AC.

Last edited by saurabhb2000 : 5th January 2009 at 18:39. Reason: wrong mileage entered
Old 6th January 2009, 15:46   #36
BHPian

Default update title of thread

Mods .- Can you move to thread to appropriate ownership reports category?
Old 6th January 2009, 15:53   #37
Team-BHP Support

Saurabh: You should have called me na before going there. I have contacts that might have helped. Anyways, let me know if you think anything that was not upto the mark.

And I agree, their washing and cleaning is top class.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 19:15   #38
BHPian

Thanks Eddy. I did not have your contact details and had to get the service done this weekend. But I can sure use it up next time. Please private msg me the contacts.
Old 6th January 2009, 20:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
1) Oil change (I had noticed black oil so thought of changing it )
All Diesel engine oils change to black within 50 km of driving. Just check your car engine oil now it will be black in color. Just for your information. What you have done is correct to change the oil in the first service. Go by what Maruti recommends and you should be alright.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 22:33   #40
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
Guys, your feedback is needed.

I experienced this issue on the power delivered in 1st gear.

I parked my Dzire DDIS in a basement in our office building. I turned on the engine, without much idling it, started driving up to the ground floor from -1 floor, to get out of the parking lot. I could feel a drag and could not drive more than 15-20kmph in 1st gear. If I turn to 2nd gear, it's still harder as the speed is less. The drive is little steep up, but still I feel it should deliver more power in 1st gear to drive uphill.. Is this normal?

Is it because of cold engine ? or because it's new engine(250km ODO) or something else?
1st gear is very short in the swift, it is used to get the car just moving. You will not be able to get much speed out of it. 20-30 is max- that too when its screaming at the rev limit.
Unfortunately, the 2nd gear is much taller, and though it works beautifully on flat roads, depending on the incline, and the rpm you are in when you upshift, you may fall out of the powerband and be stuck on turbo lag territory. That's what's happened to you.
The car sounds fine, but you are the best judge of that. Easy way to find out would be to get another swift Diesel to do the same job.

Things get better(slightly) after breaking in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhusukhu View Post
that FE is awesum...
About the power issue in the 1st gear. My friend also owns a DZire. He also reported this as a problem. the maruti workshop said its because of the cold engine.. So he revs the engine a bit for like 1min or so. and then it is quite fine. Though he is still not satisfied with it.
Please ask him not to rev the engine immediately after a cold start, it increases blow by and shortens the useful life of the engine. The explanation is as above.

There is no power/torque issue in 1st gear, this car will climb impossible inclines in 1st gear with your foot off the accelerator, without clutch riding. Try it, to believe it.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2009, 15:50   #41
BHPian

Thanks DieselFan and Rippergeo