Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st June 2008, 21:55   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
@ sajands - I have booked a Verna CRDI Base (w/o ABS ). Did you get black rims with your Verna or did you paint these later on. Also the wheel caps.

I am told that there are no wheel caps & black rims on the base variant. I do not know about the ABS.
Hey vkochar,

Mine came with black rims and wheel caps. did not pay extar for that, i guess the base varient does not get painted rims. I suggest you get the ABS version.

Regards,
Sajan
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 21:57   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
I see rear leg room to be a bit on the lesser side, looks like Verna inherited this from Accent. Have you heard complaints from real passengers any time?
Hey sreenivass,

Hmmm, nope none of my passanger's complained about the rear leg room space to be lesser.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 1st June 2008, 21:59   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
First of all, congrats for this car. It is very powerful and so driving safely automatically becomes your responsibility.
Drive safe,

Surprisingly, this is the problem in our Baleno. The driver's right hand will get cold burned and the fingers will be numb through the A/C vent, and the passengers at rear dont like the A/C being shut off in peak summer. The conclusion is that, Baleno driver A/C vent is not properly designed.

Second thing that I really hate abou the car manufacturers is that they tend to paint the steel rim black and put some rim cover to make it look like an alloy wheel. Any enthusiasts eye can detect this. This reduces the airflow to the brakes and that's why I hate this.
The pioneer to this trend is Hyundai, but others were just keen to follow and they did follow this very, very quickly.

I believe that Alloys will look excellent in your Sport Verna.
Hey aaggoswami,

Thanks a ton. ypu, for that eye catching rim and wheel design, i opted for the Verna Sport

Regards,
Sajan
Old 1st June 2008, 22:01   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Sajan, which diesel are you using, premium or normal and of which brand. ??
Hey Dadu,

Nice to see your scrap. I'am using IOC regular diesel. stuck to one diesel bunk near to my place. never tried elsewhere or any other brand, please do let me know if other brand is better than IOC.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 2nd June 2008, 09:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ sajands - I have booked a Verna CRDI Base (w/o ABS ). Did you get black rims with your Verna or did you paint these later on. Also the wheel caps.

I am told that there are no wheel caps & black rims on the base variant. I do not know about the ABS.
Get ABS version. It might cost more, but its very important for safety.

And its great that you dont get those rim covers ( wheel caps ). they reduce the airflow to brakes and this reduces the cooling of brakes. Either alloys or normal unpainted steel rims.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 09:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hey aaggoswami,

Thanks a ton. ypu, for that eye catching rim and wheel design,

Regards,
Sajan
Hope that you find great alloys that will increase airflow and make your car real good.
Enjoy !
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 10:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

Ok, Thanks for all your suggestion guys. Have told dealer to find me an ABS one. Looks unlikely but will keep trying.

Any Ideas on Alloys ? Max Budget - 20k - 25k ( Alloys + Tyres after trade in of stock ones ).
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 10:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, Thanks for all your suggestion guys. Have told dealer to find me an ABS one. Looks unlikely but will keep trying.
ABS version Verna comes on order so anywhere u book in NCR it will take 3 weeks for u to get the car.....
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 10:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
ABS version Verna comes on order so anywhere u book in NCR it will take 3 weeks for u to get the car.....
I know Prajesh What I meant was since I have already ordered a white one before the price increase and dealer owns 3 showrooms I have asked him to find me a white one with ABS without the Price Increase. Looks unlikely BUT I am trying.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 10:52   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know Prajesh What I meant was since I have already ordered a white one before the price increase and dealer owns 3 showrooms I have asked him to find me a white one with ABS without the Price Increase. Looks unlikely BUT I am trying.
Let me know if u want to book the car @ HMP Mathura Road....I already have two cars booked there and waiting for delivery so might get some preference...
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:02   #41
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Let me know if u want to book the car @ HMP Mathura Road....I already have two cars booked there and waiting for delivery so might get some preference...

your'e purchasing CRDIs in bulk???
some time ago you were mulling over diesel vs petrol...
but this is getting out of hand.
now we all know why there is a waiting list on common rails. our friendly neighbourhood tyre dealer is hoarding them on the sly!
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:05   #42
BHPian

Hey guys just got on to this forum today. I own a Verna SX minus the ABS. Have run close to 10K Kms, and now looking at peteing it and improving the handling. If any of you have(i reckon you have), can you share your experiences after moding it. I have already spoken briefly with Mathew and am planning to talk again to him or Peter. I'am sure of doing it anyway, but some feedback on experiences will temper my expectation. This is what i plan to do.

1. PSI tuning box.
2. Green filter(subject to availibity)
3. H&R springs to off set the bad body roll, and the lack of steering feeling at speeds above 120KM) the downside of this is that the ride will be stiffer. The upside could be the bouncy effect at the rear on poor roads would seize.

Also has anyone got xenons installed. The stock ones are not very effective. I got a quote of 10,000 Rs for the complete set(relays and all) with 2 year warranty, didnt have the sence to check the brand.Any suggestions here?

thanks
lediablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:49   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lediablo View Post
Hey guys just got on to this forum today. I own a Verna SX minus the ABS. Have run close to 10K Kms, and now looking at peteing it and improving the handling. If any of you have(i reckon you have), can you share your experiences after moding it. I have already spoken briefly with Mathew and am planning to talk again to him or Peter. I'am sure of doing it anyway, but some feedback on experiences will temper my expectation. This is what i plan to do.

1. PSI tuning box.
3. H&R springs to off set the bad body roll, and the lack of steering feeling at speeds above 120KM) the downside of this is that the ride will be stiffer. The upside could be the bouncy effect at the rear on poor roads would seize.

Also has anyone got xenons installed. The stock ones are not very effective. I got a quote of 10,000 Rs for the complete set(relays and all) with 2 year warranty, didnt have the sence to check the brand.Any suggestions here?

thanks
Hey lediablo,

Please check the threads posted by hellstar and rippergeo. They have posted a in-depth review on pete's kit.

I am not sure if anyone has used xenons on their verna's. I've got the Phlips Rally 90/100 with roots ceramic holders on my beast.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 3rd June 2008, 06:35   #44
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lediablo View Post

1. PSI tuning box.

thanks
welcome to TBHP lediablo
the tuning box and the green wind filter are quite good.
hellstar is the best person to ask about the pete's box for the verna.
I have used it only on the swift(I love the tuning box)

I have only one misgiving with what you are doing- that is, the braking!
IIRC, the non ABS verna comes with front discs and rear drums.
even if you didnt have the ABS, it would have been nice to have the all round discs.

the HR coilovers for verna is something that I've been eyeing for a long time, but currently having a serious Vit M deficiency.

from what I was told,
after the suspension mods,
pickup should marginally improve(less wheelspin)
will hold the road better(have seen it in action on a Swift-really nice)
braking will improve
the bouncing effect at the rear may decrease,based on what I saw on the H&R equipped swift.
better steering feedback

disadvantages-
ride becomes stiffer, not a problem for you and me, because we're mad
I'm not sure about this- but the GC will decrease.please confirm.

I'm hoping you'll install it and tell us how things go, so that I can follow.

Last edited by rippergeo : 3rd June 2008 at 06:36.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 14:05   #45
BHPian

Talking

ripper and sajan, thanks . Went through hellstars thread. Also sameel and Jomz clearing a few technical points. I was anyway sold on the tuning box.

@ripper -the point you made about breaks and ground clearance are very pertinent.

Also gathered from other discussions that its probably best to get the filter changed as well. Extended warranties dont give you a broad grin and adrenalin rush

Also on the topic of headlight, any danger or melting or burn outs or anything else on upgrading to xenon, what are the good makes etc
lediablo is offline   Reply With Quote