Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th June 2008, 19:02   #61
BHPian

@ripper I got some feedback from person. He is in Kochi. I you want to contact him and take a look at it, PM me i will share his number. In that case i will wait for your first hand review. He said that the ride is more of a concern than the GC.

@razor Hang on in there pal. Its a matter of when than if.
lediablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 22:54   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
will post the pictures after the install.by the way the philips people are recomending me to go for 4300 hids.they offer the best light.but will i loose out on bling?if i am spending 20000 on lights i want other vehicles to see the diff.or should i insist on 6000 hids

still no reply to my querie???
drchernish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2008, 00:03   #63
BHPian

Quote:
still no reply to my querie???
@ drchernish - Try to get the 4300K one, it would be better in terms of road illumination and visibility, although the 'bling' factor would be more in the 6000K as the light would be more towards the bluish tinge and brighter. Take your pick practicality or the show factor !
Dragonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2008, 20:08   #64
BHPian

okay thanks-well i am more practical.getting them(4300 k) on this sunday-yipee.also getting my second free service.my beast has done already 10500.will also get balancing done-my chrome alloys are in need of it.
Old 22nd June 2008, 11:57   #65
BHPian

COngrats on your new ride. I have a few questions.
1. Were the stock tyres too noisy??
2. Did you change the wheel also?
3. What was the total cost of the upsize.
4. I am also getting a Verna SX w/o ABS, What upsize do you suggest me..
sukhusukhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 17:59   #66
Senior - BHPian

sukhu - Stock tyres are not noisy at all.

You get 175 w/o ABS & 185 with ABS.

Proper upsize is 185 or 195. I woiuld highly recommend 185 if you want to upsize that is. Get Bridgestones or Michelins. Michelins would be better.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 09:43   #67
BHPian

hi everybody got my verna crdi fitted with xenons-original philips kit-cost 20000 +2000 installation at the hyundai dealership.the effect is amazing-was able to do comfortably 120+ in night in rains on the kanpur delhi highway.am very satisfied.would recommend them to anybody.the xenons are of 4300 k variety and are the best-yhey are not yellow n not blue-pure white.
Old 23rd June 2008, 18:49   #68
BHPian

Quote:
hi everybody got my verna crdi fitted with xenons-original philips kit-cost 20000 +2000 installation at the hyundai dealership.the effect is amazing-was able to do comfortably 120+ in night in rains on the kanpur delhi highway.am very satisfied.would recommend them to anybody.the xenons are of 4300 k variety and are the best-yhey are not yellow n not blue-pure white.
Hey drchernish,

Congrats. Please do post some pics on the same and did you change the headlamp doom or just the xenon kit. please do update.

Regards,
Sajan
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 19:25   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The one that has dim and bright?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 19:29   #70
BHPian

Hi All,

So far, was feeling safe and touchwood nothing happed to my car and then it happned wihle waiting in the silk board junction signal, a activa guy decided to squeeze through between my car and a bus and in this process scratched my front bumper and zoomed off without even stopping.

I got a very bad scratch on my verna's front bumper and decided to use the com-paint spray, My car color is Real Earth and i called up Auto Planet in J.C.Road and picked up the Real Earth color spray kit for 300.00, came home and cleaned the bumper and then tried the can to my horror, the spray began to drip and the surrounding area inspite of covering it up paper, began to turn brown. i took out a clean dry cloth and with the help of thinner cleaned up the area.

My suggestion to all is please dont use the com-paint spray can as its of no help. I'am now looking out for Real Earth color nail polish.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 23rd June 2008, 19:58   #71
Senior - BHPian

You are spraying too much, too slow or too close.

I will be happy to help you with the spray job, just bring it over the weekend and we can finish the job.

There is nothing wrong with Compaint, you just need to follow a technique. If you dont like, you can anyway wipe it off and go for the nailpolish.

Btw, did you buy the set or the single can, the set also has the paint merger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hi All,

I got a very bad scratch on my verna's front bumper and decided to use the com-paint spray, My car color is Real Earth and i called up Auto Planet in J.C.Road and picked up the Real Earth color spray kit for 300.00, came home and cleaned the bumper and then tried the can to my horror, the spray began to drip and the surrounding area inspite of covering it up paper, began to turn brown. i took out a clean dry cloth and with the help of thinner cleaned up the area.

My suggestion to all is please dont use the com-paint spray can as its of no help. I'am now looking out for Real Earth color nail polish.

Regards,
Sajan

Last edited by dadu : 23rd June 2008 at 20:03.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 20:12   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
You are spraying too much, too slow or too close.

I will be happy to help you with the spray job, just bring it over the weekend and we can finish the job.

There is nothing wrong with Compaint, you just need to follow a technique. If you dont like, you can anyway wipe it off and go for the nailpolish.

Btw, did you buy the set or the single can, the set also has the paint merger.
Hey Dadu,

I got the set that is the spray can and the paint merge can. kept a 3 feet distance from the car and kept a uniform movement not to fast or slow.

Any idea which is the best nail polish which will come close to real earth color

Regards,
Sajan
Old 23rd June 2008, 20:31   #73
Senior - BHPian

Then you are spraying too soon, wait atleast 2 min after the first 2-3 strokes and then the next strokes.

Your local cosmetic shop can help with that, just tell him that you will check the colour and exchange if not matching and try on a non-visible area first.

Quote:
Hey Dadu,

I got the set that is the spray can and the paint merge can. kept a 3 feet distance from the car and kept a uniform movement not to fast or slow.

Any idea which is the best nail polish which will come close to real earth color

Regards,
Sajan
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:00   #74
Senior - BHPian

That is a bad one, mate!

This is when you stop leaving any space between your vehicle and the other one such that no 2 wheelers can go. But then, it has its own hazards!
Quote:
...Any idea which is the best nail polish which will come close to real earth color...
A harmless question, but the smiley - does it mean something, Sajan???
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:55   #75
BHPian

@Sajands-Sorry to hear that mate. The first scratch is a real heart break. I remember mine. PM me if you plan to meet up with dadu . Paint touch up is a handy skill to have living in Bangalore
lediablo is offline   Reply With Quote